KEEP A DOZEN

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

Re: KEEP A DOZEN Keeper - Loading League

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 12:46 pm

OK, gang we can start loading the league. Divisions are as below, but you don't have to wait just jump in. I will edit the divisions once we are all in.

Also, please have a look at the league doc (pinned to the first post in this thread) and check for accuracy. And as always, make sure you've read and understood the rules.

League name: K12 2021.2
Cap: $200m
Invite code: QPSFF

EAST
paul j kiggins - IN
Rant
ycbill - IN
edub1969 - IN

CENTRAL
baseball cfo - IN
Terry101 - IN
MEAT
bigmahon - IN

WEST
sknsfan - IN
MFL536
jmlopp
oldmansmith - IN

MEAT

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 1:42 pm

bigmahon wrote:OK, gang we can start loading the league. Divisions are as below, but you don't have to wait just jump in. I will edit the divisions once we are all in.

Also, please have a look at the league doc (pinned to the first post in this thread) and check for accuracy. And as always, make sure you've read and understood the rules.

EAST
paul j kiggins - IN
Rant
ycbill - IN
edub1969 - IN

CENTRAL
baseball cfo - IN
Terry101 - IN
MEAT IN
bigmahon - IN

WEST
sknsfan - IN
MFL536
jmlopp
oldmansmith - IN

MFL536

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 4:55 pm

OK, gang we can start loading the league. Divisions are as below, but you don't have to wait just jump in. I will edit the divisions once we are all in.

EAST
paul j kiggins - IN
Rant
ycbill - IN
edub1969 - IN

CENTRAL
baseball cfo - IN
Terry101 - IN
MEAT IN
bigmahon - IN

WEST
sknsfan - IN
MFL536-IN
jmlopp
oldmansmith - IN

bigmahon

Re: KEEP A DOZEN Keeper - jmlopp to load

PostTue Nov 02, 2021 6:03 pm

EAST
paul j kiggins - IN
Rant - IN
ycbill - IN
edub1969 - IN

CENTRAL
baseball cfo - IN
Terry101 - IN
MEAT IN
bigmahon - IN

WEST
sknsfan - IN
MFL536-IN
jmlopp
oldmansmith - IN

jmlopp

Players Available....

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 7:15 am

I players available for draft picks for both this year and next. I will need a carded player as well due to league rules. ( I hope we can revisit that rule at some point in the future)

Mike Lopp

Rant

Re: Players Available....

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 12:30 pm

jmlopp wrote:I players available for draft picks for both this year and next. I will need a carded player as well due to league rules. ( I hope we can revisit that rule at some point in the future)

Mike Lopp

Is that how the rule is interpreted? I read it as the roster rule is not above 30, but I don't see a floor (except game mechanics), and "Unbalanced trades are authorized provided that the 30 man roster limit is maintained at all times" such that maintaining is not above 30.

I'm relatively new, so this is more a question than a statement.

jmlopp

Re: KEEP A DOZEN Keeper - Full

PostMon Nov 15, 2021 10:39 am

HI!

Player Movement:
1) Trading players is authorized and encouraged. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Unbalanced trades are authorized provided that the 30 man roster limit is maintained at all times; in the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 30 man limit is allowed 1 day to release player(s) to get back to the 30 man limit.

2) There will be no pickups of free agent players except through the Free Agents drafts.

I think that rule #2 makes it more difficult to trade players. I would prefer to see that rule amended so that undrafted players with cards could be added so as to maintain a 30 man limit.

Mike

Rant

PostMon Nov 15, 2021 11:02 am

jmlopp wrote:HI!

Player Movement:
1) Trading players is authorized and encouraged. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Unbalanced trades are authorized provided that the 30 man roster limit is maintained at all times; in the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 30 man limit is allowed 1 day to release player(s) to get back to the 30 man limit.

2) There will be no pickups of free agent players except through the Free Agents drafts.

I think that rule #2 makes it more difficult to trade players. I would prefer to see that rule amended so that undrafted players with cards could be added so as to maintain a 30 man limit.

Mike

Ah, I see, misinterpreted your concern. It does make trading harder, but with a five player pool of possibly unneeded players it's not impossible. I'm not sure how I feel about owners stockpiling a lot of "next year" players in a trade, but certainly open to being convinced.

bigmahon

PostMon Nov 15, 2021 12:29 pm

I’ve never been in a keeper league that allows undrafted, non-rostered players to be picked up via FA outside of scheduled drafts. Do they exist? Maybe I’m misunderstanding?

oldmansmith2

PostMon Nov 15, 2021 1:41 pm

jmlopp wrote:HI!

Player Movement:

Mike

I'm thinking this rule may be getting misinterpreted. In an unbalanced trade the team that ends up with fewer than 30 does not have to somehow get back to 30. The rule is only referring to the team that ends up with more than the 30 man limit. They have to drop players to get back to 30.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat