Circle of Life League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

jmtosi

Re: Circle of Life League Chat

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 12:47 am

Someone needs to represent the active players :)
I'm going with 1988 and will have many players I can't use that I'll trade. Once I announce death year I'll put out what I'm seeking.

Starters (*Available for trade)
Clayton Kershaw
Jacob DeGrom
Stephen Strasburg *
Dallas Keuchel *
Rick Porcello *
Jhoulys Chacin *
Danny Duffy *
Chris Archer *
James Paxton *
Chris Tillman *

Relievers
Craig Kimbrel
Aroldis Chapman
Dellin Betances
Neftali Perez

Position Players (* Available for Trade)
Elvis Andrus
Starling Marte
Brandon Belt
DJ LeMahieu *
Mike Moustakas
Dee Gordon *
Dustin Ackley
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

drtripleb

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 7:42 am

I hope to have my birth year and most likely my death year this afternoon/early evening.

ggyuppie

Expand the Circle?

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 11:55 am

These theme leagues are always a work in progress even while they’re unfolding. I have a new proposal for this one.

Why? By the time all is said and done, I think everyone is going to have a viable stock of players to build a team under the league’s roster rules, not only at $85MM but at higher caps as well. And as I consider the choices I must make to fit my roster under the $85MM cap, I think it would be fun to build alternate rosters at modestly higher cap amounts. So I propose the following:

An overlapping three-season tourney, all with the same “qualifying reliever” and stadium rules.

Season one is the one we’re all working on.

Season two @ $105MM cap

Season three @ $125MM cap

Season two prep would begin two weeks after the start of league play in season one, and would kick off with a new stadium draft, in opposite order of season one standings after 42 games.* Teams can pick a new stadium but will also have “first right of refusal” on their existing stadiums. In other words, when it is your turn, you can claim a stadium already controlled by another team behind you in draft order, but they can void your pick if they want to keep their stadium, in which case you have to make another choice. If they give up their stadium, they jump to the front of the line and make their selection under the same rules.

Season three prep would begin two weeks after the start of league play in season two, and work the same way.

Divisional assignments and team names will be the same in each season.

TRADES, by default, will be in effect for one season only. However, if both owners involved in a trade agree, they can declare a trade to be a SUPER trade, which lasts for the duration of the tourney.

Obviously, everybody needs to be onboard for this, so please let me know.

* w/l ties broken by +/-, weaker teams picks first.

jabuending

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Sure - Why Not?!?

drlanglo

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 12:52 pm

I like the idea but in light of my fairly conservative birthyear pick I would request the chance to repick a more "pricey" year. Of course all other managers would have to be OK with that, else I will continue with what i have.

jmtosi

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm

drlanglo wrote:I like the idea but in light of my fairly conservative birthyear pick I would request the chance to repick a more "pricey" year. Of course all other managers would have to be OK with that, else I will continue with what i have.

I'm good with trying higher salaries, but I did also think that someone would want to re-consider their birth year pick so this request doesn't surprise me.
For my part, I'm ok with him or anyone else re-picking BUT it would have to be AFTER Dan picks his birth year and BEFORE he picks his DEATH year since the choice of your birth year impacts our choices of death year.
J
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

bmilner

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm on board with the three-season proposal.

drtripleb

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 7:40 pm

This birth year will live in infamy (1941)

SP
Chance, Dean (d-15)
Culp, Ray
Downing, Al
Jarvis, Pat
Miller, John (d-20)
Stortlemyre, Mel (d—19)
Watt, Eddie
Wood, Wilbur
Wright, Clyde

Pure relievers
Brabender, Gene (d-96)
Carrol, Clay
Dal Canton, Bruce (d-08)
Knowles, Darrold
Lasher, Fred
Lindblad, Paul (d-06)
Rodriguez, Roberto (d-12)
Sanders, Ken *
Willhite, Nick (d-08)

Hitters
Berry, Ken
Brinkman, Ed (d-08)
Dietz, Dick (d-05)
Freehan, Bill
Green, Dick
Harrelson, Hawk
Hart, Jim Ray
Helms, Tommy
Hubbs Ken (d-64)
Hunt, Ron
Kennedy, John (d-18)
McCarver, Tim
Powell, Boog
Price, Jim
Rose, Pete
Ryan, Mike (d-20)
Shamsky, Art
Torborg, Jeff

ggyuppie

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 7:54 pm

jmtosi wrote:
drlanglo wrote:I like the idea but in light of my fairly conservative birthyear pick I would request the chance to repick a more "pricey" year. Of course all other managers would have to be OK with that, else I will continue with what i have.

I'm good with trying higher salaries, but I did also think that someone would want to re-consider their birth year pick so this request doesn't surprise me.
For my part, I'm ok with him or anyone else re-picking BUT it would have to be AFTER Dan picks his birth year and BEFORE he picks his DEATH year since the choice of your birth year impacts our choices of death year.
J

This is exactly what I thought, Jay. Dan is also on board and he will hold off on making his death year pick while we give the rest of our membership a chance to chime in.

drtripleb

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 7:58 pm

I’d do 3 seasons.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat