ANDY'S EXPANSION ALTERNATE HISTORY 1.0

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

carr20

Re: ANDY'S EXPANSION ALTERNATE HISTORY SEASON 1

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 2:49 pm

Also while spitballing, I suggest that 2.0 start in 1962 so that we can get more Mays, Mantle, Drysdale and Koufax. We can play more seasons or just increase some of the increments.

Of course, Mets, Astros, Angels, and Senators would be totally expansion drafting just like reality

centerfielder17

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 2:52 pm

andycummings65 wrote:Spitballing:

After Rosters determined, Expansion 8 teams can select up to FOUR players carded to them that were not selected/protected.
Top 16 can select ONE player carded to them not selected as a Franchise/protected by a manager.

That’d give Expansion8 some more options instead of losing those players to the Dispersal

As for Golden Age, I WILL say there are seasons when Franchise Pick choices are slim to none for franchises. If we went with ONE Golden Age Option for the Theme, with player giving up #1 & #3 pick when used, I could live with that. You’d in essence be giving up half your draft to use that Golden Age. That way, one time a franchise could take advantage of multiple Franchise players coming out the same season, like the Astros mention. They’d be hamstrung not to be able to get Cedeno & Richard, but it’s a hefty price.

Also, as usual, Franchises with no Franchise Pick choice in a particular season would receive a Supplemental Pick after Round 1.

Is a bigger problem the fact that, with the limited player pool, some team's only FA pick is a lousy 50 center? Should you be able to pass on your FA pick and get something in compensation? Say after Round 2?

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:01 pm

carr20 wrote:

After Rosters determined, Expansion 8 teams can select up to FOUR players carded to them that were not selected/protected.
Top 16 can select ONE player carded to them not selected as a Franchise/protected by a manager.

That’d give Expansion8 some more options instead of losing those players to the Dispersal

As for Golden Age, I WILL say there are seasons when Franchise Pick choices are slim to none for franchises. If we went with ONE Golden Age Option for the Theme, with player giving up #1 & #3 pick when used, I could live with that. That way, one time a franchise could take advantage of multiple Franchise players coming out the same season, like the Astros mention. They’d be hamstrung not to be able to get Cedeno & Richard, but it’s a hefty price.

Also, as usual, Franchises with no Franchise Pick choice in a particular season would receive a Supplemental Pick after Round 1.

Can you give an example of what you are thinking? Like if Cubs don't pick Jose Cardenal, and no one drafts him in dispersal draft, Cubs could reclaim him or Phillies could claim him because he played for them?

Cardenal is only CARDED to Cubs and Royals. If Cubs don't select him as one of their 21, Royals could take him.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:03 pm

majicmg wrote:I have a simple question regarding league set-up, something that I believe went out in the initial invite, but isn't posted in the rules at the top of this thread: Regarding draft/waivers, are we restricted to players who've worn the uniform of our teams some time in their careers, or are players available universally?

The former is going to require homework or knowledge, the latter isn't.

Just like other ALTS, only matters if he's CARDED to a Team. You can find this one the Rosters page. For instance, Jose Cardenal is carded to CHC and KC. His high card, listed first is CHC. If they don't take him, KC could. Those are the only teams that matter, no matter who else he played for.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm

centerfielder17 wrote:

As for Golden Age, I WILL say there are seasons when Franchise Pick choices are slim to none for franchises. If we went with ONE Golden Age Option for the Theme, with player giving up #1 & #3 pick when used, I could live with that. You’d in essence be giving up half your draft to use that Golden Age. That way, one time a franchise could take advantage of multiple Franchise players coming out the same season, like the Astros mention. They’d be hamstrung not to be able to get Cedeno & Richard, but it’s a hefty price.

Is a bigger problem the fact that, with the limited player pool, some team's only FA pick is a lousy 50 center? Should you be able to pass on your FA pick and get something in compensation? Say after Round 2?

Jim, I'm hoping that if we use the Golden Age Option, that would compensate for those lean years.

centerfielder17

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Anyone have a bontom sighting? :)

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:43 pm

centerfielder17 wrote:Anyone have a bontom sighting? :)

Haven't heard from Tom in a couple of days. If Padres were still left, I'd give them to him, since he's a fan.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:51 pm

I don't like the If someone is carded to a team scenario....just go with what you posted originally.

also I don't like trading before the cutdown as the stronger teams (like my Reds) would get an unfair advantage. I could trade away guys I'm not going to use to get better dispersal picks. I don't think that should be an option.

For example the REDS have Tolan, Geronimo, at CF. and they have Carbo and Foster for Lf. I don't think I should get to pick up better picks by trading away the guys I'm not going to use.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I don't like the If someone is carded to a team scenario....just go with what you posted originally.

also I don't like trading before the cutdown as the stronger teams (like my Reds) would get an unfair advantage. I could trade away guys I'm not going to use to get better dispersal picks. I don't think that should be an option.

For example the REDS have Tolan, Geronimo, at CF. and they have Carbo and Foster for Lf. I don't think I should get to pick up better picks by trading away the guys I'm not going to use.

Not going to do the trade before cutdown scenario.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Here's where we are:

1-Regarding Trades, Top 16 Teams must pare down to 21, THEN trades are acceptable.

When we enter the Dispersal Draft, each team has a combination of players & Round 1-13 Dispersal Picks not to exceed 21.
So if Top 16 trades for a pick, they can only protect 20, for example. If Exp8 gain players by trade, they lose subsequent Dispersal Picks, beginning with Round 13, then going backward.

2-Regarding Golden Age Option, I think we will go with ONE per team for the entirety of the theme.

3-Regarding If someone is carded to a team scenario, still discussing.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat