ANDY'S EXPANSION ALTERNATE HISTORY 1.0

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: ANDY'S EXPANSION ALTERNATE HISTORY SEASON 1

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:do you have the subset up in SOM online yet so we can begin to construct and cut down to 21.

The pools have been sent to Strat. We'll be on their timetable to get the Pools up.

centerfielder17

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm

FRANCHISE DRAFT
1. andycummings - Boston Red Sox
2. Paul Long - Cincinnati Reds
3. rookssa - Texas Rangers/Washington Senators
4. visick- Pittsburgh Pirates

5. majicmg - New York Yankees

6. centerfielder17 - Kansas City Royals
7. wahoo
8. bontomn
9. CTStough
10. carr20
11. boog
12. FRANK M

Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, California Angels, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee Brewers/Seattle Pilots, Minnesota Twins, Montreal Expos, New York Mets, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals
Last edited by centerfielder17 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

andycummings65

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 5:56 pm

andycummings65 wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:do you have the subset up in SOM online yet so we can begin to construct and cut down to 21.

The pools have been sent to Strat. We'll be on their timetable to get the Pools up.

Of course, you can create a regular ATG9 team with your roster, then Change your player pool to ANDYS EXPANSION ALT Season 1 when it gets created. Should accomplish the same purpose.

wahoo

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 7:23 pm

FRANCHISE DRAFT
1. andycummings - Boston Red Sox
2. Paul Long - Cincinnati Reds
3. rookssa - Texas Rangers/Washington Senators
4. visick- Pittsburgh Pirates
5. majicmg - New York Yankees
6. centerfielder17 - Kansas City Royals
7. wahoo - San Diego Padres

8. bontomn

9. CTStough
10. carr20
11. boog
12. FRANK M

Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, California Angels, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee Brewers/Seattle Pilots, Minnesota Twins, Montreal Expos, New York Mets, Oakland A's, Philadelphia Phillies, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals

andycummings65

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Don’t forget, guys, trades can be a part of this Dispersal Draft process, both of players and dispersal picks.

Reminder: ALL cards are eligible for any player. Just because it is Expansion, that doesn't mean we'll only use Expansion cards.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 10:47 am

guessing we do have to cut down to 21 before making trades....or are you saying I could trade away the guys I'm not going to keep in my 21 to obtain earlier picks. that doesn't seem right.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:guessing we do have to cut down to 21 before making trades....or are you saying I could trade away the guys I'm not going to keep in my 21 to obtain earlier picks. that doesn't seem right.

This Dispersal is different than our usual Dispersal Draft in ALTS. While we wait for Strat to create the pools, I'm thinking through how trades might impact the Dispersal. I'm not seeing an issue of trading surplus players, everyone still has to cut down to 21, and if you trade a player to an Expansion 8 team for a Dispersal Pick, the Exp8 team is still receiving what is, in effect, a Dispersal Player. If we go that route, we'd have to set a Trade Deadline, then have the Dispersal Draft.

I've been home sick, so I've had a lot of time to work on this the last few days, but maybe my brain isn't working right. :shock:
Let's kick it around a bit here............

centerfielder17

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm

If an exp team trades a player for a player, then there is no impact on the draft.

If an exp team trades a pick for a player, then I don't think there is an impact then, either. I'm guessing I would not trade a pick for a scrub that someone would drop anyway, so each team involved ends up in the same place. The pick just goes to another team. Maybe the team trading the player for the pick needs to only have 20 carded slots when the draft begins. The exp team gets another player, but loses the pick so at the end it all evens out.

It would get messy if there is an unbalanced trade (eg., 2 for 1).

Let's see... If an exp team traded their #1 for two players, they would need to forfeit a pick to make things come out in the wash. But which one? Their last one? Does it go to the team that traded the 2 players? If not then the legacy team would need to start with 19 carded players and NOT get an extra pick. Not ideal.

I suppose we could agree NOT to have unbalanced trades through Round 13. After that, it is like any other draft.

carr20

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 1:01 pm

I think the 21 man roster needs to be set, and trade from there. To get a benefit from trading someone one isn't going to use grants an unfair advantage.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 1:09 pm

I’m leaning to agreeing with Steve.

Top 16 Teams must pare down to 21, THEN trades are acceptable.

When we enter the Dispersal Draft, each team has a combination of players & Round 1-13 Dispersal Picks not to exceed 21.
So if Top 16 trades for a pick, they can only protect 20, for example.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat