NLD 55 - Le freak, c'est Chic

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD 55 - Le freak, c'est Chic

PostTue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am

joethejet wrote:Yeah, Semper's been hot as has KLX.

It's getting late, if my team is ever going to get serious, now is the time....

Took two from you tonight Spidey. That third game, you just CRUSHED Stripling. His ERA isn't going to survive that outing. :shock: :o For those of you who undoubted won't navigate to our game...let's put it this way, I scored 9 on 16 hits and still lost by 8! :? :o Crazy bad inning for Stripling who is pretty decent. HOWEVER, Spider rolled FIVE 6-5 (hr 1-8, 2b the rest) in 10 batters, all were doubles. He also rolled a 6-6 in that stretch for another 2b. Crazy. :shock:

A couple of boots cost you in game one however ;)

My fielding "stars" missed on 6 of 7 "X" chances in game 1. Can't win many that way. I appreciate your sticking with Stripling until he hit F0. My guys were a bit dispirited after losing NINE in a row. Stripling throwing underhanded helped them get their eye back.

joethejet

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 2:18 am

Well, our offense has finally taken off, but our pitching....not so much. We scored 27 tonight, gave up 20. Won two. Happy to win two, but....man, what the heck on the pitching?

We're in the division the rest of the way and we've done better there than other places so, hoping to get hot here.

So, toshiro, Yeah, Schwarber hurts your D, but that's not the only problem. You also have a 3 at 2b, Brown at 1b (4e18), and Sano at third. With an average Catcher, you're still below average. You've been SUPER LUCKY WITH Schwarber and overthrows. 15% of the steal attempts against him should end up with a guy on third (or scoring). He *should* have 8 overthrows so far, he has 4. His other errors are probably close. It terms of steals allowed, your two +2 catchers have allowed 54 extra bases and a league worst 84% safe rate. That's the equivalent of turning 54 singles/walks into doubles with only an equivalent of 10 DPs to show for it.

As for Sano, he should make an error 37% of his X chances (80/216). In addition, at least 30% of his chances should end up in singles. When he's in or holding, add at least 20% to that, 30% when holding. You've, again, been SUPER lucky. He should have 20 errors, he has 12. It's hard to tell how many singles because you can have a single and an error, but he's given up at least 14 singles for 26%. Probably a little low, but not egregiously so. So, you've been lucky and he's still allowed almost 50% of his chances to end up on base. That's...not good and should be much worse. It is, after all a dice game, but the probabilities are not in your favor.

Brown should have 10 errors, he has 8. Close enough. His hits are also close.

Your other D liability, Villar has given up about the right about of errors, 14. He's also about right on hits, 20% is the standard, he's at at least 22%, but being in, and holding will add a bit, plus, he probably has a couple of single and errors in there.

The rest of your D is average or a little below average, you have no one outstanding so, that's why your overal D isn't good at all.

Anyway, you've been really lucky with Sano and Schwarber and that factors into doing better than expected in terms of fielding. As I said, your team, despite the lousy fielding, still has the best rating so there is a lot to like about your team.

joethejet

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 10:40 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Fellas. Thankful to have a good group of guys to play SOM with. :)

joethejet

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 3:57 am

This is one close league! Three-way tie for second in the West. 11 teams are 4 out of a playoff spot! Crazy. However gets hot will make the playoffs! :)

Spider 67

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 8:55 am

Arrrrgh! My wimps have only scored one run in the last 4 games! :evil:

joethejet

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 2:33 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Arrrrgh! My wimps have only scored one run in the last 4 games! :evil:

Ouch.

Spider 67

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 3:29 pm

joethejet wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:Arrrrgh! My wimps have only scored one run in the last 4 games! :evil:

Ouch.

Ouch for me, ooh for you. :(

joethejet

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Spider 67 wrote:
joethejet wrote:

Ouch.

Ouch for me, ooh for you. :(

True. My pitching has been awful lately. Maybe they were ready for a good series. We had given up 57 runs in 7 games (including 17 in one game to you!) coming into the series.

toshiro

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Man look at that West Div! Not that's a close race!

joethejet

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 7:16 pm

toshiro wrote:Man look at that West Div! Not that's a close race!

Yeah, it's a crazy close div and league!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat