• Author

KEVINEHLE

Re: Four of a Kind league chat

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 8:55 am

Rule Change proposal:

Supplemental Free Agent drafts:
Strike the following from clause 3 "Owners may draft no more than 3 players"

Rule #3 will now read:
3. Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft.

This will allow owners to draft as many players as to fill their roster after executing rule 2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 3) prior to the Supplemental draft within the time frame announced by the commissioner.

Vote Yes to confirm; No to keep the rule as is (this would effectively limit draft to three players using the first 3 selections available to the owner. I'm somewhat agnostic on this one, and have seen it work either way.

1. Rant - Yes
2. Heekin - Yes
3. Viper44 - Yes
4. Mikemoraco - Yes
5. Elpasopesos -Yes
6. Tanman17 - Yes
7. Chase - Yes
8. mlbphan - Yes
9. Sjkorte14- Yes
10. ehlekev - Yes

Rant

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 11:45 am

Please feel free to record your vote still if you haven't already, but with ten votes in favor, we can close out voting.

We're all set for the supplemental draft. Tanner can kick us off at his leisure.

chasenally

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 9:16 pm

With my last pick in the draft it was between Jason Adam, Jorge Lopez and Erik Swanson. I wanted Lopez most of all but I ended up taking Swanson because about all I get to watch is Seattle. I hope I made the correct choice. Seattle is very good this year and they have an outstanding pitching staff. Might be the best and they lead the league in fielding %. They just can't hit the ball. The series win against the Yankees was and great series to watch. Good luck to all with the last round and Mike Zunino had better get me a Division Championship in the second season for that 3rd RD pick I gave up for him.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

KEVINEHLE

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 11:38 am

chasenally wrote:With my last pick in the draft it was between Jason Adam, Jorge Lopez and Erik Swanson. I wanted Lopez most of all but I ended up taking Swanson because about all I get to watch is Seattle. I hope I made the correct choice. Seattle is very good this year and they have an outstanding pitching staff. Might be the best and they lead the league in fielding %. They just can't hit the ball. The series win against the Yankees was and great series to watch. Good luck to all with the last round and Mike Zunino had better get me a Division Championship in the second season for that 3rd RD pick I gave up for him.

Mike

Yeah, I wanted to pick Jason Adam as he is lights out this year (he has to be cheating somehow :D ). However, my rotation is in shambles, so picking Mikolas and Irvin was a must.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 pm

chasenally wrote:With my last pick in the draft it was between Jason Adam, Jorge Lopez and Erik Swanson. I wanted Lopez most of all but I ended up taking Swanson because about all I get to watch is Seattle. I hope I made the correct choice. Seattle is very good this year and they have an outstanding pitching staff. Might be the best and they lead the league in fielding %. They just can't hit the ball. The series win against the Yankees was and great series to watch. Good luck to all with the last round and Mike Zunino had better get me a Division Championship in the second season for that 3rd RD pick I gave up for him.

Mike

I moved to the PNW in 2019... as a lifelong STL fan it was hard to adjust to the Mariners but am enjoying this team....
Are you in the PNW too?
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

chasenally

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 8:46 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:

Mike

I moved to the PNW in 2019... as a lifelong STL fan it was hard to adjust to the Mariners but am enjoying this team....
Are you in the PNW too?

chasenally

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 8:50 pm

chasenally wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:

Mike

Are you in the PNW too?

Yes I have lived here all my life but 2 years.. 57 years in Oregon and 2 in California. I moved away from California in 1983 because I really got tired of 80 degrees and summer all year round. I have almost zero experience anywhere else in my travels but I just can't see a better place to live then here. We don't have the weather troubles that other areas have but as you know now get ready for not seeing the sun for months. When it is out you love it and you learn to play all kinds of sports in the rain or you don't play at all some summers.

Rant

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 9:39 am

In case anyone missed the email. We're loading for season two.

Code is QVWQX

Mikemoraco

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 9:43 am

It's been brought to my attention that I can choose a different ballpark since I'm a new owner. If that is the case I would like to change to Citi Field.

Rant

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 10:57 am

Sure thing. I don't see it in the rules, but it's a common practice for (I think) all the leagues I've participated in.

Without objection, I codified this practice in the actual rules. If anyone does object I'll put this to a vote.

Stadium Rules
6) When team ownership changes hands, a new owner may select - prior to the start of their first season - a new stadium through announcement on the ILC thread.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat