Four of a Kind league chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Four of a Kind league chat

PostTue Aug 02, 2022 4:10 am

Guys, as your former Commish I can positively state that there are some unrecorded transactions that need your attention. I don't know how many. But there are some.

chasenally

PostTue Aug 02, 2022 11:38 pm

chasenally trades

3rd RD Supplemental Pick (2022) to

MLBphan for

Mike Zunino C

mlb to confirm.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

mlbphan

PostTue Aug 02, 2022 11:43 pm

mlbphan confirms the above posted trade with chasenally

C-Mike Zunino to chasenally

for

their 2022 3rd rd supplemental pick

chasenally trades

3rd RD Supplemental Pick (2022) to

MLBphan for

Mike Zunino C

mlb to confirm

thanx,
RickP
mlbphan
Last edited by mlbphan on Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlbphan

PostTue Aug 02, 2022 11:45 pm

BROAD STREET BOMBERS

available for season2

RP-Jimmy Nelson

strictly a season2 rental

looking for a supplemental pick

PM/email me

thanx,
Rick
mlbphan

Rant

PostWed Aug 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Supplemental Free Agent drafts:
1) A Supplemental Free Agent draft of up to 3 rounds will be held between seasons 1 and 2 of each calendar year.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 3) prior to the Supplemental draft within the time frame announced by the commissioner.
3) Owners may draft no more than 3 players; Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft.
4) Supplemental Free Agent drafts are non-serpentine; Supplemental Free Agent draft order is determined by the previous season's regular season record.
5) All rounds will operate with assigned time slots.
6) The Supplemental Free Agent draft is only 3 rounds. Owners with less than a full roster may use the Supplemental Free Agent draft to get back to a 40 man roster provided they can do it within 3 rounds. There will never be more than 36 picks made in the Supplemental draft.
7) Only players with MLB experience prior to the current MLB season are eligible to be picked.

Hello all, in looking at the supplemental rules it seems that rules 3 and 6 are at odds with each other.

Is the intent that, for instance, the deal that just transpired which left an owner with 39 roster spots and an extra pick would only be able to make three selections? So: Would said owner forfeit their fourth pick, or can said owner drop three players and draft four?

If that deal transpired after the Supplemental Draft started could the owner then draft four to get back to a 40 man roster?

chasenally

PostWed Aug 03, 2022 4:41 pm

We have had this discussion before in this League. It was never settled if I remember correctly. I personally like #6. Otherwise, it really limits trading supplemental picks. Maybe we should put it up for a vote or you can decide and I will follow whatever you come up with.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Rant

PostWed Aug 03, 2022 5:06 pm

Rule Change proposal:

Strike the following from clause 3 "Owners may draft no more than 3 players"

Rule #3 will now read:
3. Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft.

This will allow owners to draft as many players as to fill their roster after executing rule 2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 3) prior to the Supplemental draft within the time frame announced by the commissioner.

Vote Yes to confirm; No to keep the rule as is (this would effectively limit draft to three players using the first 3 selections available to the owner. I'm somewhat agnostic on this one, and have seen it work either way.

1. Rant - Yes

heekin65

PostThu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 am

Yes

Rant

PostThu Aug 04, 2022 8:59 am

Rule Change proposal:

Strike the following from clause 3 "Owners may draft no more than 3 players"

Rule #3 will now read:
3. Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft.

This will allow owners to draft as many players as to fill their roster after executing rule 2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 3) prior to the Supplemental draft within the time frame announced by the commissioner.

Vote Yes to confirm; No to keep the rule as is (this would effectively limit draft to three players using the first 3 selections available to the owner. I'm somewhat agnostic on this one, and have seen it work either way.

1. Rant - Yes
2. Heekin - Yes

Rant

PostThu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 am

Mikemoraco, could you PM me your email? I'll send out occasional organizing emails just to ensure everyone knows when something's happening.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat