• Author

the ghost of roger maris

Re: Four of a Kind league chat

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 12:42 pm

I will make
Gavin Sheets available for an upgrade in next years FA draft

also I screwed up and have too many prospect picks
I should have cut Bukauskas JB 19 but didn't

So I have 3 extra Prospect picks I cannot use...

willing to do 2 for 1 3 for 1 or 4 for 1 in order to move up.....

or package Sheets 2023 FA pick and some prospect picks this year or 2 for a chance to move up in the draft in 2023...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

tanman17

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 4:37 pm

Tanman17 trades
mlbphan's 3th RD prospect pick (26th overall)
to Ghost of Roger Maris
for Ghost of Roger Maris’ 3rd RD prospect pick (29th overall) and Elpasopesos‘ 4th RD prospect pick (44th overall).

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 4:56 pm

tanman17 wrote:Tanman17 trades
mlbphan's 3th RD prospect pick (26th overall)
to Ghost of Roger Maris
for Ghost of Roger Maris’ 3rd RD prospect pick (29th overall) and Elpasopesos‘ 4th RD prospect pick (44th overall).

confirmed
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 6:20 pm

never mind....
Last edited by fredpaii on Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elpasopesos

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 8:12 am

A correction on the Combined Rosters tab
My Hunter Greene prospect is a Pitcher, not a position player.

Rant

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 9:20 am

I honestly don't care if we can or can't trade draft slots that are unused. It's done differently in different leagues in which I'm an owner. I'd be in favor of adopting a rule to clarify, but right now we're just interpreting what's common sense, rather than a collective understanding of the rule.

The owners who are impacted currently don't seem to be trying to game the system, so I'm inclined to give the benefit of doubt and let them try to correct their oversights. I'm also ok if they have to forfeit picks. In one of my leagues (24 TKL), there's a specific rule for FA and Prospect drafts:

"Once the draft order is set, any picks in the first 10 rounds that would cause a roster to exceed 30 players are forfeited. Supplemental rounds will be established to ensure all rosters can be filled with 30 players by the end of the draft."

I suggest we adopt similar language or not at the discretion of the Commish.

fredpaii

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 10:50 am

Rant wrote:I honestly don't care if we can or can't trade draft slots that are unused. It's done differently in different leagues in which I'm an owner. I'd be in favor of adopting a rule to clarify, but right now we're just interpreting what's common sense, rather than a collective understanding of the rule.

The owners who are impacted currently don't seem to be trying to game the system, so I'm inclined to give the benefit of doubt and let them try to correct their oversights. I'm also ok if they have to forfeit picks. In one of my leagues (24 TKL), there's a specific rule for FA and Prospect drafts:

"Once the draft order is set, any picks in the first 10 rounds that would cause a roster to exceed 30 players are forfeited. Supplemental rounds will be established to ensure all rosters can be filled with 30 players by the end of the draft."

Thank you Rant for this (and Ghost and Tanman as well for your contributions). After initially settling on offering Viper44 the choice of which of his two players he wants to add (to achieve a full 40-man roster) back to his roster - from his FA drops - I've found myself re-examining what the best solution might be after reading what a few of you have had to say on the matter.

While I do agree with Rant's assertion that Viper44 isn't attempting to game the system - he has yet to say anything on the matter either way - I am finding it difficult to let go of my belief that trading picks we don't own is NOT a good idea. I mean, we don't trade players we don't own. So why should it be any different with draft picks we don't own? This is tough for me. Perhaps the solution is to simply let Viper44 pick his extra two players from Free Agency after everyone else is done picking. I could live with that. Can you guys?

elpasopesos

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 5:06 pm

fredpaii wrote:
Rant wrote:I honestly don't care if we can or can't trade draft slots that are unused. It's done differently in different leagues in which I'm an owner. I'd be in favor of adopting a rule to clarify, but right now we're just interpreting what's common sense, rather than a collective understanding of the rule.

Thank you Rant for this (and Ghost and Tanman as well for your contributions). After initially settling on offering Viper44 the choice of which of his two players he wants to add (to achieve a full 40-man roster) back to his roster - from his FA drops - I've found myself re-examining what the best solution might be after reading what a few of you have had to say on the matter.

While I do agree with Rant's assertion that Viper44 isn't attempting to game the system - he has yet to say anything on the matter either way - I am finding it difficult to let go of my belief that trading picks we don't own is NOT a good idea. I mean, we don't trade players we don't own. So why should it be any different with draft picks we don't own? This is tough for me. Perhaps the solution is to simply let Viper44 pick his extra two players from Free Agency after everyone else is done picking. I could live with that. Can you guys?

Of course. His intent was not malicious.

fredpaii

PostThu Mar 31, 2022 12:20 am

fredpaii wrote:

Can someone please give a reasoned explanation for why my stance of trading draft picks we don't own is not a bad thing? How would you justify it? Please help me.

chasenally

PostThu Mar 31, 2022 12:44 am

Because you still own them. I was trying to stay out of this and I really don't care if you void my trade. Just because I have made drops it should not make it so I can't trade picks I own. If you think once drops are posted you are set in stone go with it. That is the debate. You run the league. Do what you think is best and I will live with it but you did ask.

I would go with what someone posted and make it a rule. I once ran a Fantasy Football League before Computers. I had 1 page of rules and when I was done 10 years later I had 7 pages and learned what a Lawyer does. The biggest problem I had was when Rogers passed the ball and it was deflected and he caught it and scored a TD. You got 3pts for a passing TD and 6 for a TD. That Owner wanted 9 pts and I was steadfast that no player should get 9 pts for scoring a TD. He was right and I stood on the principal of the game that no one should be awarded more than 6 pts for a TD.

Whatever you do I would suggest that you make a rule for it or drops will take forever as people will not drop players until they have tried to trade every pick they have left over before they drop players.

I will add this also just for how hard running that League was. Every Monday I sat down for 3 or more hours to look over the scores of the Sunday Football Games and added up all the scores. Tuesday morning I finished it up and made copies. Wednesday morning I mailed out 11 results that made it to the guys by Saturday. Had to keep Monday and Tuesday paper so I could check for my mistakes. As crazy as it seems I loved it. I also had a flyer called the Hindsight Hiker that I would cover the games as they were played out with 4 quarter scoring.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat