Rant wrote:
fredpaii wrote:
Rant wrote:Rant sends

2022 5th Rd. FA

for

Gavin Lux
2022 6th Rd. FA (via Fred)

ghost to confirm

Ghost traded his 6th round pick to Joker in the Nido deal. Please rework or cancel this trade.

He traded his natural pick in the Nido deal. I don't believe this trade needs to be reworked.

You're right. Trade is good. :D

fredpaii

Re: Four of a Kind league chat

PostMon Mar 21, 2022 11:29 am

Guys, this is the chat thread. We draft in the draft thread. Thank you

tanman17

PostMon Mar 21, 2022 7:25 pm

My current pick (4th overall) in the first round is available in a trade. Send me a trade offer by PM or email if interested

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 21, 2022 10:35 pm

I don't know guys.

I think we need to go to the Unleashed set next year. There just isn't too much to get excited about in free agency this draft. On top of that there's the war in Ukraine with all the needless killing . And Russia's hyper-sonic missiles! Something else we need to worry about now. It all makes me feel kinda blah about this draft to be honest. This world is nuts.

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:02 am

Current Draft Counts (after 91 picks through part of the 8th round):

40 - Fredpaii (done)
39 - GhostofRogerMaris
38 - Mlbphan
38 - Chasenally
37 - Joker329
37 - Kevinehle
37 - SteveKorte
37 - Elpasopesos
35 - Rant
35 - Heekin65
35 - Tanman17
30 - Viper44

Something to remember...we only have 15 total rounds in this draft. Therefore Viper44 will fall short of having a full roster unless he makes a trade(s) to net more picks. The good news is he won't have to cut as many players for the Supplemental draft later on. :)

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 12:42 pm

I'm going to offer Viper44 a chance to have his roster at 40 players after the 15 rounds. If Viper would list just two of his drops that he wishes to have back I'll grant him that. But he needs to tell me who they are.

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:00 pm

fredpaii wrote:I'm going to offer Viper44 a chance to have his roster at 40 players after the 15 rounds. If Viper would list just two of his drops that he wishes to have back I'll grant him that. But he needs to tell me who they are.

the rules do state all owners will have 40 players at end of draft.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Rant

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:42 pm

I'm ok with adding players back, or giving Viper multiple picks in the 15th round. Open to manufacturing a trade to get around this. I don't see a provision where we can't trade draft picks we don't own. Could I do this:

Rant sends:

13th Round FA Draft Pick
14th Round FA Draft Pick
15th Round FA Draft Pick

for

Viper's 15th Round FA Draft Pick

All picks this year.

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 3:57 pm

Rant wrote:I'm ok with adding players back, or giving Viper multiple picks in the 15th round. Open to manufacturing a trade to get around this. I don't see a provision where we can't trade draft picks we don't own. Could I do this:

Rant sends:

13th Round FA Draft Pick
14th Round FA Draft Pick
15th Round FA Draft Pick

for

All picks this year.

We don't trade draft picks we don't own. That's more of a common sense rule. So no thankyou to the above.

tanman17

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 6:39 pm

fredpaii wrote:
Rant wrote:I'm ok with adding players back, or giving Viper multiple picks in the 15th round. Open to manufacturing a trade to get around this. I don't see a provision where we can't trade draft picks we don't own. Could I do this:

Rant sends:

13th Round FA Draft Pick
14th Round FA Draft Pick
15th Round FA Draft Pick

for

All picks this year.

We don't trade draft picks we don't own. That's more of a common sense rule. So no thankyou to the above.

I’m of the premise that this trade would work. Our limit of future round draft picks finalizes when we make our last pick to fill our roster of 40 players. Even if one was of the opinion you only have as many picks as players you need to fill your roster, you could always do a trade to trade your second to last pick to create new picks to give another manager until they have the picks they need to fill their roster. If you ended up wanting your original pick back, you would then trade your latest pick for the earliest pick you traded away (having the 170th pick isn’t much different than the 156th pick).

I don’t think this loophole should be abused, but I think it works according to how the rules are presently written.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat