NLD 54 Let's get Goosed!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD 54 Let's get Goosed!

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 am

Unfortunately we needed to score runs to have a chance to win. Congratulations to milleram. The finals should be interesting - pitting two very good teams against each other.

joethejet

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Yeah, he kicked our butt in the regular season (3-6). We just gotta hope that the HRs he hits are solo shots and that we can take advantage of being a better defensive team.

He'll be missing Springer for the first six games so that'll help (maybe) as long as Almora doesn't go off like Stewart did for me in game 2 versus KLX.

milleram

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 9:33 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Unfortunately we needed to score runs to have a chance to win. Congratulations to milleram. The finals should be interesting - pitting two very good teams against each other.

Thanks--- missing Springer gives Joe the advantage I think, plus I will probably lose a couple others with my high injury guys during the series---hopefully they have four games of good luck left in them.

joethejet

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 10:16 pm

milleram wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:Unfortunately we needed to score runs to have a chance to win. Congratulations to milleram. The finals should be interesting - pitting two very good teams against each other.

Thanks--- missing Springer gives Joe the advantage I think, plus I will probably lose a couple others with my high injury guys during the series---hopefully they have four games of good luck left in them.

That's always the risk with high injury teams: *when* do they come and for how long.

That said, not like my team is bullet proof....

I'm guessing it will be a good series.

joethejet

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 am

Ugh, came so close to pulling out game 2. Great comeback, helped by an error by Dubon, to tie, have the bases loaded with Meadows against Cishek and He k's off of Cishek. Ugh.

Then, bottom of the 9th rolls on his own card for a single and a HR. Nothing I can do there.

The killer blow? Almora hits a 2 run HR. He's 3-7 so far. Not exactly missing Springer especially when Almora is a better fielder.

The other killer? Missing Altuve for the next two games. Hampson *did* get a big double for us so we'll need him to step up for us like Almora has. Especially with a LHSP going in the next game. We *really* need Altuve v LHSP. :(

Oh well, hopefully the dice will look kindly on us. They did in game one which we won with 4 runs in the 8th to overcome a 4-3 deficit. Meadows hits a bases loaded triple to put us ahead.

joethejet

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 pm

No comments Miller? Two crazy games don't you think?

joethejet

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 12:49 am

Well, "Babe" Almora continues to haunt us. He's 6-14 with 2 HRs, a double and 5 RBI. So much for Springer out helping us. :roll: :mad:

Meanwhile my injury replacement Hampson went 0-7 with 4 K's. :( I mean, he's not very good, but maybe a broken bat single or something....

Didn't feel good facing Skaggs without Altuve, be we actually won that game. Battled from behind twice and got HRs from Betts, Pina and Dejong. Two of those with 2 outs and runners on.

Game 4 was a stomp. Babe drove in the first run on a 2b off of Odorizzi's card. Babe got a walk later in the game, again off of Odorizzi's card (not high odds for either of those) and then a couple of rolls on the hitters cards and the game was over.

Of course, we did nothing against Marquez, 3 hits over 8 IP with 11 k's. So, the Babe's heroics take a backseat to some good pitching. Been a good series so far. I think we're lucky to even be tied.

Weird, felt better about game 4 than game 3, but, of course, SOM always does the unexpected so...

#5 SPs going in game 5. Gallen for me, Sanchez for him. A three game series now and he's got the home field advantange and Springer coming back for Game 7. At least we'll get Altuve back for game 5.

joethejet

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 1:42 am

Welp, that game sucked. At least I didn't have to spend a lot of time watching it. Went to fast forward after the first.

With Two outs, no one on, but a run in the top of the first
2b - Off Gallen
bb
2b
2b - Off Gallen
hr (1-2, 2b the rest)

6-0, Game over. Oh we made a bit of a run to make the final 7-3, but leaving 10 on isn't going to make a comeback work. Left the bases loaded down 7-3 in the bottom of the third and had them loaded with NO outs in the 7th and couldn't even plate one. Don't deserve to win if you can't execute in those situations.

Besides for being down 3-2 in the series, the worst part is that both Oberg and Lorenzen threw big innings in a blowout(despite my settings) and probably won't be available for either of the last two games I'm guessing. I'm sure Oberg won't be, throwing 4 IP, but Lorenzen *could* be available for game 7 (if we're lucky enough to get there).

Oh, if you're curious, Babe Almora *only* went 1-4 so is now 7-18 in the series (.389) with a .779 Slugging.

Going to need a good game from Glasnow to get to game 7. He'll get Springer back IF we get there so it doesn't get any easier. Our offense has completely dried up the past two games. Looks like my hot streak of luck and hitting has run out. Only 2 HRs the last two games despite playing in my home park and facing Marquez in game 4.

Not over yet, but the fat lady is warming up..... :(

milleram

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 11:23 am

Freese has been Froze for entire off-season, thought I would get a little out of him.

I have a dead computer for two months--so borrowing a laptop from a family member--so few comments--hopefully I will be back with mine next week.

joethejet

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 4:59 pm

milleram wrote:Freese has been Froze for entire off-season, thought I would get a little out of him.

I have a dead computer for two months--so borrowing a laptop from a family member--so few comments--hopefully I will be back with mine next week.

You're getting it out of Almora instead! ;) :lol:

We have a couple guys too, but mostly it's been our pitching against you that's let us down. That and the lack of HRs the last two games. This team is built to score on HRs, when they dry up, we're going to struggle.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat