NLD 54 Let's get Goosed!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

klx22

Re: NLD 54 Let's get Goosed!

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 5:49 am

joethejet wrote:
klx22 wrote:Thanks for doing these, Joe! It looks like my team did pretty well in the rankings and it consistent with my team's performance. I felt like a drafted a winner, but did not want to jinx my team as I am now.

No problem KLX. The ratings like your team so, hopefully no jinx ;)

[quote]

& just like that we are 3-7 in our last 10 dropping to 2nd! KOD'd myself!

joethejet

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 am

Well KLX, there's still hope. You're tied for first as we enter the intradivisional play (well, mostly, I know we still have 3 with Miller) to finish the season. We helped you tonight in big part because we got to face Buchholz instead of Flaherty in game 3.

Your record against the division: 25-11, Big A 15-21 definitely a two team race in the East. Plus you're 9-3 against Big A so far.
Central JTJ has a big lead, but is only 19-17 in the division whereas Spider is 21-15. It's not over yet.
West Miller is in a similar position to JTJ, but has a better record than Stoney in the division. It appears he's in the race for the #1 seed.
WC - Big A is in the lead right now with 66 wins. Stones and Spider are 3 back with Semper 5 back. Those are the most likely WC candidates.

Spider 67

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 2:28 pm

joethejet wrote:Well KLX, there's still hope. You're tied for first as we enter the intradivisional play (well, mostly, I know we still have 3 with Miller) to finish the season. We helped you tonight in big part because we got to face Buchholz instead of Flaherty in game 3.

Your record against the division: 25-11, Big A 15-21 definitely a two team race in the East. Plus you're 9-3 against Big A so far.
Central JTJ has a big lead, but is only 19-17 in the division whereas Spider is 21-15. It's not over yet.
West Miller is in a similar position to JTJ, but has a better record than Stoney in the division. It appears he's in the race for the #1 seed.
WC - Big A is in the lead right now with 66 wins. Stones and Spider are 3 back with Semper 5 back. Those are the most likely WC candidates.

I need JTJ to come speak to my team. I'm obviously not much of an inspirational GM! :(

joethejet

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Spider 67 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Well KLX, there's still hope. You're tied for first as we enter the intradivisional play (well, mostly, I know we still have 3 with Miller) to finish the season. We helped you tonight in big part because we got to face Buchholz instead of Flaherty in game 3.

I need JTJ to come speak to my team. I'm obviously not much of an inspirational GM! :(

lol. Not sure I would inspire your team Spidey. Might not go over to well with MY team! ;)

klx22

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 7:23 am

2-8 in the last 10 with an awesome 6 game losing streak. JTJ, you really have to come talk to my team!

joethejet

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 6:36 pm

klx22 wrote:2-8 in the last 10 with an awesome 6 game losing streak. JTJ, you really have to come talk to my team!

KLX, I can come talk with your team because I don't play you any more and you're not in my division! 8-) :lol: :D When do you want me to stop by? I assume you'll have some Pliny the Elder ready for me to drink? 8-) ;)

Just be happy that Big A went 3-7 over the last 10! :shock:

Lost two to KLX, he has a firm grip on the #1 seed. He would have to really tank to lose the division.

joethejet

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 am

Wow, we beat Verlander tonight with our #5 starter despite getting only 2 hits! One was a single that helped load the bases for a run that scored on a WP and the other was a 2 run HR by Freeman. To be fair, Verlander did walk five and Oberg came on in the 5th to pitch 3+ good innings. Spider got 10 hits! :oops: :oops: :oops: and left 11 OB

Don't have to apologize for the second game where Glasnow and Richards threw a 8-0 shutout.

Game 3 was touch and go, but Spidey exploded in the 9th for 6 to break a tie game. Lorenzen has just been awful with an ERA approaching 6. I know everyone has a sob story and it's cool, but man I expected more from him.

Also, I didn't notice but back in game 118, we had our first "special play". A sac bunt by Heredia that actually led to a runs scoring! That was our first sac/squeeze/H&R of the season! The only team without one of those this season is Milleram. 8-) :lol:

Spider 67

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 8:31 am

joethejet wrote:Wow, we beat Verlander tonight with our #5 starter despite getting only 2 hits! One was a single that helped load the bases for a run that scored on a WP and the other was a 2 run HR by Freeman. To be fair, Verlander did walk five and Oberg came on in the 5th to pitch 3+ good innings. Spider got 10 hits! :oops: :oops: :oops: and left 11 OB

Don't have to apologize for the second game where Glasnow and Richards threw a 8-0 shutout.

Game 3 was touch and go, but Spidey exploded in the 9th for 6 to break a tie game. Lorenzen has just been awful with an ERA approaching 6. I know everyone has a sob story and it's cool, but man I expected more from him.

Also, I didn't notice but back in game 118, we had our first "special play". A sac bunt by Heredia that actually led to a runs scoring! That was our first sac/squeeze/H&R of the season! The only team without one of those this season is Milleram. 8-) :lol:

Verlander has given up 53 $!@%&**$ HRs in 240.2 innings - almost 1/3 of the hits off him - 23 of them in Marlins, yet!!! Actually, his % of successful BPHRs is right on the expected mix of parks, but still it's been frustrating for such a high $ guy.

joethejet

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Hey Spidey,

No doubt that's a lot. There are always going to be anomalies in SOM, especially in $100 mil leagues there is just so much talent. A lot of HR hitters out there. Bieber's 47 might be more surprising than Verlander's 53. The beebs doesn't have all that many v RHB whereas Mr Kate Upton has them against both sides.

Spider 67

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 4:33 pm

joethejet wrote:Hey Spidey,

No doubt that's a lot. There are always going to be anomalies in SOM, especially in $100 mil leagues there is just so much talent. A lot of HR hitters out there. Bieber's 47 might be more surprising than Verlander's 53. The beebs doesn't have all that many v RHB whereas Mr Kate Upton has them against both sides.

Yep. The Beeb has been worse on BPHRs - 16 of 39 OPPs vs 12 of 37 for Verlander and had had better rolls on his card vs. Verlander. At least both of those guys have winning records.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat