GMKL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

the splinter

Re: GMKL Chat/Trades

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Need a clarification please

Rules say any player with MLB experience is eligible

I thought they had to be carded at some point in their career...so no uncarded rookies from last season.

Ninersphan

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 5:33 pm

the splinter wrote:Need a clarification please

Rules say any player with MLB experience is eligible

I thought they had to be carded at some point in their career...so no uncarded rookies from last season.

Hope you are incorrect ANY player with MLB experience is eligible, does not have to have been carded, at least that's the way it always was in the past.

Palmtana

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 5:35 pm

Here is the rule Jim:

7) Players eligible for the draft are defined as: Any player with MLB experience prior to the start of the Current year's MLB season, regardless of whether there is a card in the online game or not.

the splinter

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks...my bad was confused with a 24 team keeper I’m in

NMILSTEIN

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 pm

I noticed that there are multiple players still listed as prospects even though they are carded in the current set. Do carded players not have to be promoted?

Neil

Palmtana

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm

3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to the MLB roster or released.

For prospects that have been on a team for 1 year (those drafted in 2019) it's up to the manager to decide whether they want to promote them or not. Alonso, D. May, Paddack..... are examples of this.

2019 carded draftees like Naylor, Chavis, Cease....aren't going to help out this year so they weren't promoted.

What caught my eye, and maybe this is what your are referring to, is that Zac Gallen wasn't promoted by chilliards.
It's not to late however.

5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available.....

So he can promote Gallen with a pick in the FA draft. BTW, updating my last notice. re. participation, Clint let me know that he is returning. So we are all here.

NMILSTEIN

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Palmtana wrote:3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to the MLB roster or released.

For prospects that have been on a team for 1 year (those drafted in 2019) it's up to the manager to decide whether they want to promote them or not. Alonso, D. May, Paddack..... are examples of this.

2019 carded draftees like Naylor, Chavis, Cease....aren't going to help out this year so they weren't promoted.

What caught my eye, and maybe this is what your are referring to, is that Zac Gallen wasn't promoted by chilliards.
It's not to late however.

5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available.....

So he can promote Gallen with a pick in the FA draft. BTW, updating my last notice. re. participation, Clint let me know that he is returning. So we are all here.

Thanks for the clarification

the splinter

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 2:05 pm

** TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Splinter trades pick #13 and 5th round FA pick

to Nythawk for

Xander Bogaerts

Nythawk to confirm

nythawk129921

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 pm