Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

the ghost of roger maris

Re: TheSociallyDistant League of Extraordinary Nerds chat

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Jerlins wrote:It's always a nice feeling when debating between 2 players, then able to draft them both, 15 picks apart, especially when Madal has 2 picks (he's been taking everyone on my wish list) in between. :)

I always like drafting first or last as the back to back picks can be awesome...especially when setting up a platoon, getting the top 2 starters or closers.....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Jerlins

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 am

I sent Fred proxies for the next round should my turn come up. 8 picks away and only sent 7 proxies, so if on the odd chance all 7 get picked before my turn, I apologize ahead of time.

fredpaii

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 am

Jerlins wrote:I sent Fred proxies for the next round should my turn come up. 8 picks away and only sent 7 proxies, so if on the odd chance all 7 get picked before my turn, I apologize ahead of time.

I'm going to put something on my screen so I can't see beyond the uppermost top selection and work myself down only as needed. This will limit my sight of any unnecessary player picks.

Jerlins

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 8:03 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:
Jerlins wrote:It's always a nice feeling when debating between 2 players, then able to draft them both, 15 picks apart, especially when Madal has 2 picks (he's been taking everyone on my wish list) in between. :)

I always like drafting first or last as the back to back picks can be awesome...especially when setting up a platoon, getting the top 2 starters or closers.....

And nothing more depressing when your next player is chosen one pick before you. Thanks Big!! :cry:

fredpaii

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Jerry, I hid your other players from my eyes in your proxy list btw.

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 pm

Jerlins wrote:

And nothing more depressing when your next player is chosen one pick before you. Thanks Big!! :cry:

I was all set to take Lux when Terry nabbed him....

bigmahon

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 2:18 am

I’m a little surprised that Hilliard was still there in the 8th. Didn’t dare wait any longer. :lol:

If there is a season, he’ll benefit greatly from the universal DH rule. Could be interesting.

the ghost of roger maris

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 1:52 pm

bigmahon wrote:I’m a little surprised that Hilliard was still there in the 8th. Didn’t dare wait any longer. :lol:

If there is a season, he’ll benefit greatly from the universal DH rule. Could be interesting.

He was on my hope he makes it to next round list....a little too unproven ...but could be good as Coors field.....

Jerlins

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 pm

bigmahon wrote:I’m a little surprised that Hilliard was still there in the 8th. Didn’t dare wait any longer. :lol:

He was on my hope he makes it to next round list....a little too unproven ...but could be good as Coors field.....

I had 3 players targeted for the last 3 rounds, Canha, Civale, and Hilliard. I assumed Civale would get to me on the way back and had to decide between Canha and Hillard. Went with the "playable in the field option" with Canha. When it looked like Hilliard would slide back down to me, I couldn't be happier. Oh well, probably needed the SP more anyway.

timklucinec

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Hi Guys,
Just saw that Trey Mancini, LF/RF/1B for the Baltimore Orioles underwent emergency surgery for a malignant tumor in his colon. He will miss the MLB Season as he has to undergo 6 months of treatment to prevent the Cancer coming back.. They expect a full recovery. He's 28. God bless him and his family.

Tim K
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat