TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

Ninersphan trade Kevin Kiermaier to

theTurtle

in exchange for his upcominmg 13th round draft pick

theTurtle to confirm

Ninersphan

Re: Socially Distant League Chat thread -

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 10:34 am

Question: I was allowed to drop any draft picks the previous owner made. I dropped two players, one was a first round pick, the other a seventh round pick. I immediately replaced the 7th round pick as the 8th round had just started. I assumed I would be allowed to replace the 1st round pick at the end of the draft with a supplemental draft pick.

In most leagues, these are awarded when circumstances leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of the prescribed number of rounds in a draft, in our case 15. However, in reading through the past two pages of items, it seems this league does not do that. If that is the case am I allowed to fill that first round draft slot now, if i do not, I would be left with 39 players not 40, and that was not my intention. My intention was to replace what I believed (and so far I've gotten nothing but strong affirmation of that belief) was an incredibly poor 1st round pick.

Please advise.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 11:51 am

Ninersphan wrote:Question: I was allowed to drop any draft picks the previous owner made. I dropped two players, one was a first round pick, the other a seventh round pick. I immediately replaced the 7th round pick as the 8th round had just started. I assumed I would be allowed to replace the 1st round pick at the end of the draft with a supplemental draft pick.

In most leagues, these are awarded when circumstances leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of the prescribed number of rounds in a draft, in our case 15. However, in reading through the past two pages of items, it seems this league does not do that. If that is the case am I allowed to fill that first round draft slot now, if i do not, I would be left with 39 players not 40, and that was not my intention. My intention was to replace what I believed (and so far I've gotten nothing but strong affirmation of that belief) was an incredibly poor 1st round pick.

Please advise.

anyone??? Buehller??

unctarheel

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 12:36 pm

I hear you, but I'm a guy without any answers. Someone will come along eventually, lol. At this rate we still have three days of drafting to go.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 12:44 pm

If there are no objections
I propose we move forward with these guidelines and "fixes"
Niners gets picks to bring him up to 40
Turtle's roster is at 39

WE ALL OBSERVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE AND/OR HOIST A ROUND FOR ZIMMER

and finish this draft up asap and get to playing.
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

bigmahon

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 1:32 pm

the ghost of roger maris wrote:WE ALL OBSERVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE AND/OR HOIST A ROUND FOR ZIMMER

Well said. I’m enjoying a fine English ale as we speak. To Zim.

unctarheel

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 pm

I know that it may not be feasible, but if the seven remaining managers could coordinate a 30-minute block of time after this round to "meet" we could probably knock out the remainder of the free-agent draft. Now that I have learned what the free agent draft is like, I'm looking forward to seeing how the prospect draft will unfold.

unctarheel

perhaps a more practical solution

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 10:54 am

What if the remaining managers were to all submit a list of proxy picks, say five players, to the commissioner? That would speed things along.

p.s. I will be back at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time to check on Round 11

unctarheel

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Just posted my pick for Round 11.

Jerlins

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 3:51 pm

I would think it would be okay to go ahead and begin to load teams. It's highly unlikely anyone would use their remaining picks on their 26 man roster.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat