Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Socially Distant League Chat thread -

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am

the ghost of roger maris wrote:we can work it out...

Many of us have experience as Commissioners. Maybe we can just go by without a one-headed Commissioner. Just help each other out as needed.

bigmahon

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am

Fred, I wasn't trying to harm you. I said how much I appreciate all you do, and definitely don't want you to step down as commissioner. I do think we need to agree a set of guidelines for dealing with the rules moving forward though.

fredpaii

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:07 pm

I have a dental appointment to go to. Should be gone until tonight or late afternoon. It's located on the other side of the Coachella Valley.

Anyways, with seven of us having Commissioner experience I don't see a huge need to have only one guy as the head. Maybe that's just me though.

unctarheel

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:55 pm

I see no need for a change in leadership, but if you truly need time away for your other commitments we can certainly adapt to help you meet those responsibilities. I once saw Jim Hightower give a speech where he said that the job of leadership in the Democratic party was akin to "herding cats." I can see where the same could be said of the commissioner in a Stratomatic league :-)

bigmahon

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Yes, that describes it UNC! :lol:

fredpaii

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Guys, this is YOUR time to make changes. I'm no longer the dude in charge (mostly). Although I will continue to aid with the draft process while I'm around (write in players to your rosters). Unless you guys have objections to that. That's fine if someone else would like to take that over. Just let me know and I'll add you to editor status for the spreadsheet. Maybe Ghost can give everyone editor status while I'm away getting x-rayed or whatever. Then we can all contribute a little. Or NOT! :D Whatever is fine with me. But I won't be making any more executive type decisions.

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Be of good cheer Fred, we will work out the draft issue and the draft is almost done. I am stuck at work for the next few weeks with too much free time so I can handle the spreadsheet etc,

Given we did unlimited drops this year it makes sense to me that you can trade late round picks but you also do not get "extra picks" (ones you did not have before the draft started ) at the end to fill your roster to 40.

Does this sound ok to everyone? (or at least a majority?).
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 2:34 pm

We didn't have unlimited drops this year. We had a minimum roster limit at 25 after drops. You could cut as many as it took to reach 25. But you also didn't have to cut any players. 0-15 cuts were the rules. And the maximum amount of draftable rounds were at 15. Just wanted to clear that up.

unctarheel

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Sounds easy enough, everyone has 40 players on their roster at the end of 15 rounds.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 10:33 am

Question: I was allowed to drop any draft picks the previous owner made. I dropped two players, one was a first round pick, the other a seventh round pick. I immediately replaced the 7th round pick as the 8th round had just started. I assumed I would be allowed to replace the 1st round pick at the end of the draft with a supplemental draft pick.

In most leagues, these are awarded when circumstances leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of the prescribed number of rounds in a draft, in our case 15. However, in reading through the past two pages of items, it seems this league does not do that. If that is the case am I allowed to fill that first round draft slot now, if i do not, I would be left with 39 players not 40, and that was not my intention. My intention was to replace what I believed (and so far I've gotten nothing but strong affirmation of that belief) was an incredibly poor 1st round pick.

Please advise.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat