Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Socially Distant League Chat thread -

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:17 am

The Turtle, you may confirm the trade with UNC.

The Turtle

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:46 am

fredpaii wrote:Since The Turtle's roster is at 34 players after 10 rounds any additional cuts he makes would only be cuts without adds. His roster will finish at 39 total players without additional drops. Because there's only 15 rounds he won't be able to make any additional adds from any additional drops.

I know it's not a perfect situation. The good news is The Turtle will have three easy cuts for the Supp Draft.

Oh hell, make the trade you guys! Make it! Do it before I change my mind! :D

I think I get this ... I hope lol

The Turtle

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 am

unctarheel wrote:UNCtarheel trades George Springer and Scott Kingery

to

The Turtle in exchange for Raimel Tapia, Marco Luciano and Turtle's 11th round free agent pick

Confirmed.

The Turtle

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 1:11 am

madal wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
The Turtle wrote:Also, can I change parks? That is usually OK when a new person takes over right? If so I will switch to Boston (fittingly, the park works for this team).

I'd also like to make a few drops as Niner did if possible.

I got 5 if able to do so.

1. Jason Castro
2. Austin Romine
3. Howie Kendrick
4. Starlin Castro
5. Ehire Adriazana

Pretty confident no one would have picked these guys yet.

I was only allowed to drop any draft picks not anyone on the roster at the start of the draft. I only dropped two, sadly one of them was the first round pick.

So was Turtle allowed to drop the above guys? If so, why? As Niner pointed out, he had to do something totally different.

I think this is about only having 15 rounds. Can’t go past that? If there is an issue with these I need to know ASAP. I also have a couple of solutions/ ideas.
Last edited by The Turtle on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigmahon

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 4:13 am

Sorry, but I’m confused by the change to Player Movement #6. If you drop 15 players pre-draft then you have 15 picks. Why wouldn’t you be able to trade an 11th (or 12th, etc.) if you have one to trade? What is the basis for stopping at 10 (or 9 as the wording says?) regardless of the number of picks owned? I get that you can’t trade picks you don’t own, but you should be able to trade picks you do. To further complicate things, the trade has been allowed even though it is inconsistent with the new rewording of the rule. :?

Fred, I appreciate you and all you do. But I personally struggle with whimsical, mid-stream rules changes, and there is quite a lot of that in this league. Rules should be open for review at the start of each season and as per league rules can be changed only by league vote (supermajority needed according to the league rules at the time of this writing). They should not be changed once we are underway and definitely not unilaterally by the commissioner.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents.

The Turtle

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 am

bigmahon wrote:Sorry, but I’m confused by the change to Player Movement #6. If you drop 15 players pre-draft then you have 15 picks. Why wouldn’t you be able to trade an 11th (or 12th, etc.) if you have one to trade? What is the basis for stopping at 10 (or 9 as the wording says?) regardless of the number of picks owned? I get that you can’t trade picks you don’t own, but you should be able to trade picks you do. To further complicate things, the trade has been allowed even though it is inconsistent with the new rewording of the rule. :?

Fred, I appreciate you and all you do. But I personally struggle with whimsical, mid-stream rules changes, and there is quite a lot of that in this league. Rules should be open for review at the start of each season and as per league rules can be changed only by league vote (supermajority needed according to the league rules at the time of this writing). They should not be changed once we are underway and definitely not unilaterally by the commissioner.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents.

To be fair to Fred, some of these decisions came because he had to replace a manager who died late into a draft. That’s pretty unusual. And god willing doesn’t happen again (though it is bound to as we all get older)

unctarheel

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 9:34 am

From my limited time in the league and the interactions that I have with Fred, I know that he only has the best interests of the league in mind. Based upon my past experience in other leagues, I believe it would be good practice to have a "review" of the key rules posted on the message board at the start of the season that covers the mechanics of the draft. I once played in a face-to-face league, for example, that had a detailed rule book that provided specific examples of how the rules had been applied in the past. I'm not saying we have to go that far, but I am a firm believer in the maxim that "you play like you practice." I would suggest that we consider having a rules committee, say of three individuals, who our commissioner could turn to in those rare instances where there might be a conflict of interest between his role as player/manager and head of the league. I want to end by saying that everyone has been great to interact with and that I am really enjoying this experience, even with the occasional lags in the drafting process.

fredpaii

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 am

Well, I'll make it easy. :D I'm resigning as Commissioner effective immediately. Still a part of the league however. I already have one other league I help out with. This is probably too much for me.

Ninersphan

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 11:30 am

:shock: :shock: :o :o :( :(

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 11:41 am

we can work it out...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat