Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

the ghost of roger maris

Re: rule interpretation for the new guy

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am

unctarheel wrote:Are we permitted to draft someone like Taylor Trammel in the prospect draft, given that he was on the Mariners opening day roster this season? This question was of no consequence to me with respect the wanting Zac Veen, but it could play an important role in which MLB franchise I select in the second round of the prospect draft.

to be a prospect means no MLB service before or during carded seasaon we are playing,,,
so Ryan Weathers is not a prospect as he debuted in the post season 2020....

Akil Baddoo debuted this year 2021 so he is fair game

hope this explains things
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

unctarheel

Re: Socially Distant League Chat thread -

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 9:33 am

Yes, thanks Ghost. That clarification helps me a great deal. I was tempted to go with a Rule 5 guy like Baddoo, but I decided to gamble with Veen in the hope that he has a higher ceiling. Despite these agonizing decisions, I still wish I could get paid to be a general manager and give up my day job :-)

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 9:39 am

unctarheel wrote:Yes, thanks Ghost. That clarification helps me a great deal. I was tempted to go with a Rule 5 guy like Baddoo, but I decided to gamble with Veen in the hope that he has a higher ceiling. Despite these agonizing decisions, I still wish I could get paid to be a general manager and give up my day job :-)

I would have played in the MLB except for one thing....

I have all the knowledge, desire, enthusiasm, etc I need....

it's the whole lack of talent that held me back....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

unctarheel

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 10:04 am

Same story here. Couldn't hit lefties due to lack of peripheral vision. If only LASIK has been invented a few years earlier. I would have been the John Cangelosi type, short on skills but big on heart.

unctarheel

Roster moves

PostTue May 04, 2021 8:43 am

Does our league configuration permit us to make roster moves after Game 141 or not?

Ninersphan

Re: Roster moves

PostTue May 04, 2021 11:25 am

unctarheel wrote:Does our league configuration permit us to make roster moves after Game 141 or not?

The game engine doesn’t allow it, unless they changed something recently I’m unaware of. So even if the league permitted it there’s no way to accommodate it.

fredpaii

PostThu May 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Guys, if no one minds I would be fine with Jerlins, the Turtle, and UNC having one more pick to get to 40. I can see that other Commissioners had their own ways of doing that. I think I was wrong in enforcing a strict 15 round one-player limit before. Like TCochran does, we could have let the guys double-pick in the last round.

Anyways, I'd be fine with allowing the three aforementioned to make another pick.

unctarheel

PostThu May 06, 2021 7:29 pm

I personally do not feel slighted, feeling good about the draft outcome given where my team started. I will, however, support the motion if any other manager feels shortchanged by the process as it unfolded. By the way, is Willmurr doing okay? Just hoping life got in the way of his prospect picks, as opposed to poor health or a bad fate.

The Turtle

PostThu May 06, 2021 7:39 pm

fredpaii wrote:Guys, if no one minds I would be fine with Jerlins, the Turtle, and UNC having one more pick to get to 40. I can see that other Commissioners had their own ways of doing that. I think I was wrong in enforcing a strict 15 round one-player limit before. Like TCochran does, we could have let the guys double-pick in the last round.

Anyways, I'd be fine with allowing the three aforementioned to make another pick.

We have a supplemental draft. I don't have any issues with how it is right now. Plus they have played so many games since then, I feel it is too late. We can make the picks up in the next draft. Saves me dropping someone,

Ninersphan

PostThu May 06, 2021 9:13 pm

I agree with Turtle. At this point it’s not fair the the rest of the league to give them the chance to draft now. That would be unfair to the teams drafting 1-3 in the supplemental draft. In future, I have no problem with a supplemental round or two after the 15 round draft to allow for teams to get to 40.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat