Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

unctarheel

Re: Socially Distant League Chat thread -

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 9:04 pm

UNCtarheel trades George Springer and Scott Kingery

to

The Turtle in exchange for Raimel Tapia, Marco Luciano and Turtle's 11th round free agent pick

fredpaii

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 9:18 pm

unctarheel wrote:UNCtarheel trades George Springer and Scott Kingery

to

The Turtle in exchange for Raimel Tapia, Marco Luciano and Turtle's 11th round free agent pick

I'm not allowing trades involving draft picks after the 10th round. Please redo.

unctarheel

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Will do.

The Turtle

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 10:20 pm

fredpaii wrote:

to

I'm not allowing trades involving draft picks after the 10th round. Please redo.

6) You need to cover your trades. Meaning that if you deal a 9th round pick you need to have a later pick to "cover" that traded pick. This could be a later 9th rounder or 10th or beyond...up until 15th round. Failure to do so results in losing your 3rd round FA pick (if no 3rd round picks then 2nd round will suffice) the following year.

How does that violate this. I’d like a better explanation. Because per the rules, it seems like BS

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 pm

I know some leagues if you have 10 picks and trade one you may end up one or more fewer roster spots...i.e trade round 10 for say a prospect pick,,,,you don't get another pick later to bring your roster to 40....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 10:34 pm

The Turtle wrote:
fredpaii wrote:

to

6) You need to cover your trades. Meaning that if you deal a 9th round pick you need to have a later pick to "cover" that traded pick. This could be a later 9th rounder or 10th or beyond...up until 15th round. Failure to do so results in losing your 3rd round FA pick (if no 3rd round picks then 2nd round will suffice) the following year.

How does that violate this. I’d like a better explanation. Because per the rules, it seems like BS

I made a mistake! I'm embarrassed. I meant up until the 10th round we can cover trades. I'm sorry about that "beyond...up until the 15th round "stuff. Not sure why I wrote that. Must have been hungry. Did not mean it.

madal

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
The Turtle wrote:Also, can I change parks? That is usually OK when a new person takes over right? If so I will switch to Boston (fittingly, the park works for this team).

I'd also like to make a few drops as Niner did if possible.

I got 5 if able to do so.

1. Jason Castro
2. Austin Romine
3. Howie Kendrick
4. Starlin Castro
5. Ehire Adriazana

Pretty confident no one would have picked these guys yet.

I was only allowed to drop any draft picks not anyone on the roster at the start of the draft. I only dropped two, sadly one of them was the first round pick.

So was Turtle allowed to drop the above guys? If so, why? As Niner pointed out, he had to do something totally different.

unctarheel

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 11:55 pm

So the "Springer trade" is valid?

fredpaii

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 am

Since The Turtle's roster is at 34 players after 10 rounds any additional cuts he makes would only be cuts without adds. His roster will finish at 39 total players without additional drops. Because there's only 15 rounds he won't be able to make any additional adds from any additional drops.

I know it's not a perfect situation. The good news is The Turtle will have three easy cuts for the Supp Draft.

Oh hell, make the trade you guys! Make it! Do it before I change my mind! :D

fredpaii

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 am

unctarheel wrote:So the "Springer trade" is valid?

YES!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat