Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Rant

Re: curious question

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 pm

unctarheel wrote:If we go with the hybrid selection process, would my franchise lose the "free pick" given that my first round prospect pick was traded away? Not trying to create any headaches or derail the process, but I would need a ruling from the commissioner. I will abide by any ruling. I realize that I will be starting in a challenging position given all of the previous trades and transactions, but I am realistic and know that it will take me a couple of years to rebuild this team into my own image.

I'm not sure exactly where a free pick is coming from. You inherited Tim's team, and I don't see where that pick originated. Fred, could you clarify? If this is a "thank you for joining the league" maybe it would be an extra pick from the team you select?

unctarheel

Re: TheSociallyDistantLeagueofExtraordinaryNerds chat-

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 1:13 am

Sorry. I wasn't trying to imply that I was due a special pick, just poor choice of words. My interpretation of the "hybrid" selection process would give each team the ability to pick any prospect from any MLB franchise in the first round (hence my reference to "free pick") and that all subsequent selections would be restricted to prospects from one MLB team (Dodgers, Yankees, etc.).

Rant

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 am

Ah, I completely misread - my apologies. I believe the working proposal is that yes, you would not pick in the first round, but would select a team in the second round, selecting three players from that franchise who have no MLB experience and are not currently on a roster. Those players will have a two year window as prospects prior needing to be moved to the 40 man roster or dropped.

unctarheel

Team confirmation

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Just want to positively verify that my team is the one that includes Bogaerts, Springer, Alonso, Yelich, and others. That seemed clear to me from the league documents, but I had a trade inquiry and I thought it best to verify another one of my operating assumptions. I promise that I will get the hang of this yet, lol.

madal

Re: Team confirmation

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 3:21 pm

unctarheel wrote:Just want to positively verify that my team is the one that includes Bogaerts, Springer, Alonso, Yelich, and others. That seemed clear to me from the league documents, but I had a trade inquiry and I thought it best to verify another one of my operating assumptions. I promise that I will get the hang of this yet, lol.

I show those players as being on your team unc.

fredpaii

Re: curious question

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 4:19 pm

unctarheel wrote:If we go with the hybrid selection process, would my franchise lose the "free pick" given that my first round prospect pick was traded away? Not trying to create any headaches or derail the process, but I would need a ruling from the commissioner. I will abide by any ruling. I realize that I will be starting in a challenging position given all of the previous trades and transactions, but I am realistic and know that it will take me a couple of years to rebuild this team into my own image.

I'm guessing the free pick you're referring to was something you read about here in reference to heekin65's team. While he is also a newcomer like yourself the difference for him - and reason he inherited a "free prospect player of his choosing" was because the previous owner of his team declined to make a pick of a prospect during that draft in 2020. That was doug. So I gave heekin65 the option of picking a prospect player that nobody currently has AND did not play MLB in 2020. Glad you brought this up as I'm going to have to put a deadline date on his pick very soon (before we proceed with the FA draft for certain).

fredpaii

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 5:03 pm

Ghost, we need to redo our deal. You didn't have an 8th round pick to trade me since one transaction earlier you dispensed with that pick in your deal with heekin65.

fredpaii

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 pm

heekin65, you have until 9pm, EDT TONIGHT to make your prospect pick that was given to you as a make up pick when you took over your team. You've had quite a long time to ponder this (an excess really) and I doubt I will be offering this "gift" any more. The only provision for you is said prospect can not have played ANY MLB up to and including the 2020 MLB season.

If you've made this pick and I forgot please refresh my memory who it was and I'll write him on your roster.

fredpaii

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 pm

fredpaii wrote:heekin65, you have until 9pm, EDT TONIGHT to make your prospect pick that was given to you as a make up pick when you took over your team. You've had quite a long time to ponder this (an excess really) and I doubt I will be offering this "gift" any more. The only provision for you is said prospect can not have played ANY MLB up to and including the 2020 MLB season.

If you've made this pick and I forgot please refresh my memory who it was and I'll write him on your roster.

So no prospect pick from heekin65. Oh well.

fredpaii

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 8:50 pm

fredpaii wrote:Ghost, we need to redo our deal. You didn't have an 8th round pick to trade me since one transaction earlier you dispensed with that pick in your deal with heekin65.

Ghost, please get back to me to rework our deal.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat