Socially Distant League Chat thread -

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: TheSociallyDistant League of Extraordinary Nerds chat

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Hey, thank you biggie and ghost for your very well done draft schedule's. Sometimes I get sleepy and forget about the need to post the next round's draft schedule. Glad I have you two seasoned pro's at hand. :)

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 8:02 pm

fredpaii wrote:Hey, thank you biggie and ghost for your very well done draft schedule's. Sometimes I get sleepy and forget about the need to post the next round's draft schedule. Glad I have you two seasoned pro's at hand. :)

quite alright ...just an excel spreadsheet
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

fredpaii

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 pm

thanks Richard.

Just wanted to say SP Austin Voth is available. Looking for draft picks this draft.

You can PM me your offer

fredpaii

PostSat Jul 04, 2020 6:56 pm

I'm starting three-hour time slots TOMORROW. We have a member who has averaged six hours for his last two picks (12 hours total and counting). That slows everyone down obviously. Makes it almost intolerable. I could deal with a couple long stretches with no picks if we were alerted. For instance, any time Doug see's he won't be able to make a pick he emails me to skip him and he'll get to it when he can. That's what I want. Communication please.

fredpaii

PostSun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Again, nothing happening on the Wilmur front. His last three picks he's averaged 7 hours a pick. Today it's been four hours so far with no word on what we can do (such as skip and he'll pick later) to keep the draft rolling. This really makes for a challenging drafting experience. We have no clue on when/if he'll pick. And as long as the rest of you do as well as you have been we'll usually get to Wilmur's pick somewhat early (way before his scheduled time slot). Therefore, instead of waiting interminable amounts of time for one guy who doesn't like to tell us what's going on I have decided to put Wilmur on time windows starting Monday and the rest of us remain on time slots. This will account for a problem drafter and at the same time not penalize the rest of us as we're been relatively quick to this point.

So whenever the person right before Wilmur drafts, Wilmur will have three hours from that time to make his pick...or he's skipped.

willmurr24

PostSun Jul 05, 2020 11:42 pm

first no clock then slots then forget your assigned slots and check in all day on the effin fourth of july just in case the draft is ahead of the three hour slots now to different rules for different people you could get dizzy following the rules here might as well be living in Seattle , shit i live in nyc it’s worse but this draft could qualify as an american city at this rate and that is not good

fredpaii

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 12:03 am

willmurr24 wrote:first no clock then slots then forget your assigned slots and check in all day on the effin fourth of july just in case the draft is ahead of the three hour slots now to different rules for different people you could get dizzy following the rules here might as well be living in Seattle , shit i live in nyc it’s worse but this draft could qualify as an american city at this rate and that is not good

Nasty reply from Commissioner edited out.
Last edited by fredpaii on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rant

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 am

willmurr24 wrote:first no clock then slots then forget your assigned slots and check in all day on the effin fourth of july just in case the draft is ahead of the three hour slots now to different rules for different people you could get dizzy following the rules here might as well be living in Seattle , shit i live in nyc it’s worse but this draft could qualify as an american city at this rate and that is not good

Keep your political views off the chat thread, please.

fredpaii

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 10:43 am

Guys, you all know that everything has limits, right? When we say no clock you're still supposed to post your pick within a reasonable amount of time. Is 7-8 hours a day for three days straight evidence of reasonable? I would say NOT! And to not issue any statement on what's happening that requires one to take such time for picks is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned. But we can move forward smoothly or we can keep talking about this. It's up to all of you (especially Wilmur). You need to do better, Wilmur. You know it and so do most others in the league I would think. You need to at least give warning that you'll be gone for 8 hours and won't post a pick. Better yet simply tell us to skip you and you'll get to it later in the day/night.

Gone are the days of me taking someone else's BS. I know it when I see it.

madal

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 11:08 am

I would just like to point out (and I don't care if we have slots or not) that 3 hour time slots per round equals potentially 36 hours per round. For point of reference the 13th round lasted from June 30, 6:36 PM until July 2, 2:28 AM, which is 38 hours total, the 14th round lasted from July 2, 2:28 AM until July 3, 1:27 PM, which is 35 hours, and round 15 lasted from July 3, 1:27 PM until July 5, 9:28 AM, which is 44 hours, and over a holiday weekend in the middle of summer. I can't see where we're gaining a whole lot.

That's all I got.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat