11) Treyomo - Phillies
12) Denorian - Detroit

12) Denorien - Seattle
11) Treyomo - Mets
10) BDWard - Athletics
9) Mike282 - Brewers
8) DEDball - White Sox
7) PDixon - Blue Jays
6) Falcon - Marlins/D-Rays (1st time choosing them)
5) Pacoboy - Angels
4) Toine--Orioles
3) Piloneus - Rockies
2) HARMONK - Padres/Dbacks
1) Meat

--------------------------
-----------------------Royals
-----------------------
Astros----------------
----------------Rangers/Senators (1962 and after)
----------------Twins/Senators (1961 and before)
Pirates----------------

Toine

Re: Dual Franchise League Season 30

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 am

I must be getting old: I thought I sent out either an email in the previous league or posted here bringing up subject of changing the way we load teams; but I cannot find it. I asked for your input, but never heard back from anyone; now I am wondering if it ever went out??? Suggestions were made to me to load the divisions by records; meaning the 4 playoff teams load in East division, teams 5-8 in the Central and then last four in the west. Before I set up the league, what do you guys think; I don't want to start a last minute riot here; as I said I thought I previously posted....somewhere???

Toine

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 6:45 am

My intentions now were to put both Houston and the Pirates into the expansion column next season because they did not get picked: then the following season whichever 2 don't get picked will move to expansion column. Additionally, my feeling is if we were to let all teams be chosen once everyone has made one pick, it would be a huge advantage for the teams at the bottom; for instance this season I believe Houston with their very strong roster would have been scooped up immediately by one of the teams at the bottom .

piloneus382

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 8:29 am

Toine wrote:I must be getting old: I thought I sent out either an email in the previous league or posted here bringing up subject of changing the way we load teams; but I cannot find it. I asked for your input, but never heard back from anyone; now I am wondering if it ever went out??? Suggestions were made to me to load the divisions by records; meaning the 4 playoff teams load in East division, teams 5-8 in the Central and then last four in the west. Before I set up the league, what do you guys think; I don't want to start a last minute riot here; as I said I thought I previously posted....somewhere???

I'm okay either way. Knowing which combinations are in my division before I have to load could help, although I'd probably find a way to mess that up.

Denorien

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am

Toine wrote:I must be getting old: I thought I sent out either an email in the previous league or posted here bringing up subject of changing the way we load teams; but I cannot find it. I asked for your input, but never heard back from anyone; now I am wondering if it ever went out??? Suggestions were made to me to load the divisions by records; meaning the 4 playoff teams load in East division, teams 5-8 in the Central and then last four in the west. Before I set up the league, what do you guys think; I don't want to start a last minute riot here; as I said I thought I previously posted....somewhere???

Just an observation. We're not a keeper league. So, the divisional alignment is not really a reflection of the previous season's teams carrying over to the new season's teams. Soooo, as a general rule, with the four top current season picks (previous season's bottom four records) in the same division, Yanks, Dodgers, and Giants will very frequently be in the same division (West) regardless of who the managers are picking them. The team compositions of the other two divisions will be more variable. But, the Central will often have three of the Cards, Braves, Reds, and Indians.

If this is the intent, that's fine with me.

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am

The ASTROS 100% need to be on the expansion list over the Pirates. They didn’t come into existence till the 70’s !

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 am

Let Hal pick the divisions

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 9:12 am

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:52 pm
1) Meat - Cardinals
2) HarmonK - Yankees
3) Piloneus382 - Giants
4) Toine------Dodgers
5) pacoboy - Reds
6) Falcon - Braves
7) PDixon -Indians
8) DEDball - Cubs
9) Mike282 - Expos
10) BDWard - Red Sox
11) Treyomo - Phillies
12) Denorian - Detroit

12) Denorien - Seattle
11) Treyomo - Mets
10) BDWard - Athletics
9) Mike282 - Brewers
8) DEDball - White Sox
7) PDixon - Blue Jays
6) Falcon - Marlins/D-Rays (1st time choosing them)
5) Pacoboy - Angels
4) Toine--Orioles
3) Piloneus - Rockies
2) HARMONK - Padres/Dbacks
1) Meat

--------------------------
-----------------------Royals
-----------------------
Astros----------------
----------------Rangers/Senators (1962 and after)
----------------Twins/Senators (1961 and before)
Pirates----------------

DEDball

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 9:21 am

My Post didn't register

Attempt #2

Are we rating players?
I thought not because there's no waivers.
But how do I find out if someone else is planning on using a
player of mine that's no longer with the Cubs and Sox?
They're all difference makers and budget breakers!.....Doug

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 am

Doug, where a player currently plays is irrelevant.

Follow these rules and you can’t go wrong:

1 - when you build your team, use the drop down menu and select CUBS - Exp. then pick any player off that list you want. BEFORE ADDING HIM TO YOUR DRAFT CARD, go into the card and look to see if he has cards for other teams. If he doesn’t, you’re fine. If he does then that player belongs to the team with the highest salary card.

2 - repeat step 1 for Cubs - post, Cubs Pre, Chi Sox Exp..etc....

NOTE: if the highest card is on a franchise that does not get chosen, then you can ignore that card. Also, if you have the highest card ( or his rights ) then you can use ANY of his cards regardless of the team.

Example: Billy Wagner. His highest card is on Houston. Houston did not get picked. The Phillies not only get Wagner but they can use the Houston card

2 exceptions where you can break this rule: 1) you trade for a player ( 1 trade only ) and 2) the guy who owns the highest card doesn’t want him.

Good ?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat