Dual Franchise League Season 30

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BDWard

Re: Dual Franchise League Season 30

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello everyone. With the Red Sox/A's combo, I have a ton of hitting, both lefty and righty. Obviously, I can't use all of my hitters. At this point, nobody is untouchable, although elite high WAR position players such as Ted Williams, Rickey Henderson, Wade Boggs, Mookie Betts, Rico Petrocelli, Reggie Jackson, Jason Giambi & Yaz will carry a higher asking price. There are also a number of 2nd tier stars available who may fill a need for your team, such as Bobby Doerr, Dom Dimaggio, Vern Stephens, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, Dwigght Evans, Sal Bando, Dave Henderson, David Ortiz, Mike Lowell, Kevin Youkilis, Bill Mueller, Xander Bogaerts, J.D. Martinez, Andrew Benintendi, Mike Greenwell, Jacoby Ellsbury, Trot Nixon, Bobby Shantz, Miguel Tejada and Jose Canseco who may be easier to acquire.

I'm looking to improve my starting pitching, catching and lefty bullpen. Since we only get 1 trade, preference will be given to multi-player deals that address multiple positions of need. As of now, it looks like Fisk may be my starting catcher and my rotation may include Derek Lowe, Frank Sullivan, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, Tim Hudson and Chris Sale, so if you want an elite position player, please don't waste our time by offering players who are not a good upgrade over the players I already have.

It makes the most sense to work out a trade before we select ballparks to allow us to better fit our ballpark to our available players.

If you're interested in exploring trade possibilities BEFORE the autodraft, please send me a message in league mail in DFL 29 or a private message.

I'll also be open to trade discussions after the autodraft, but by then some players may become untouchable based on being a great fit for the ballpark I selected, so the best time to make a deal is now.

Let's help each other and make a win-win deal.

Regardless of whether we make a trade, good luck to all in DFL 30. - Bernie

pacoboy

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 5:07 pm

1) Meat - Cardinals
2) HarmonK - Yankees
3) Piloneus382 - Giants
4) Toine------Dodgers
5) pacoboy - Reds
6) Falcon - Braves
7) PDixon -Indians
8) DEDball - Cubs
9) Mike282 - Expos
10) BDWard - Red Sox
11) Treyomo - Phillies
12) Denorian - Detroit

12) Denorien - Seattle
11) Treyomo - Mets
10) BDWard - Athletics
9) Mike282 - Brewers
8) DEDball - White Sox
7) PDixon - Blue Jays
6) Falcon - Marlins/D-Rays (1st time choosing them)
5) Pacoboy - Angels
4) Toine
3) Piloneus
2) HARMONK
1) Meat

--------------------------
-----------------------Royals
-----------------------Orioles
Astros----------------Padres/Dbacks
----------------Rangers/Senators (1962 and after)
----------------Twins/Senators (1961 and before)
Pirates----------------Rockies

BDWard - you were right, originally I was hoping for the Royals but then 2 things happened. 1 - I didn't feel that was a challange for me and 2 - the REDS last time did not have Frank Robinson and Chapman. Robinson is HUGE. I'm going to roll out the injury prone Mr Trout and see what happens.

Toine

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Just checked in and saw that I am up; will be picking in an hour or so......

Toine

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 8:41 pm

1) Meat - Cardinals
2) HarmonK - Yankees
3) Piloneus382 - Giants
4) Toine------Dodgers
5) pacoboy - Reds
6) Falcon - Braves
7) PDixon -Indians
8) DEDball - Cubs
9) Mike282 - Expos
10) BDWard - Red Sox
11) Treyomo - Phillies
12) Denorian - Detroit

12) Denorien - Seattle
11) Treyomo - Mets
10) BDWard - Athletics
9) Mike282 - Brewers
8) DEDball - White Sox
7) PDixon - Blue Jays
5) Pacoboy - Angels
4) Toine--Orioles
3) Piloneus
2) HARMONK
1) Meat

-----------------------
Pirates----------------Rockies

piloneus382

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 9:52 pm

1) Meat - Cardinals
2) HarmonK - Yankees
3) Piloneus382 - Giants
4) Toine------Dodgers
5) pacoboy - Reds
6) Falcon - Braves
7) PDixon -Indians
8) DEDball - Cubs
9) Mike282 - Expos
10) BDWard - Red Sox
11) Treyomo - Phillies
12) Denorian - Detroit

12) Denorien - Seattle
11) Treyomo - Mets
10) BDWard - Athletics
9) Mike282 - Brewers
8) DEDball - White Sox
7) PDixon - Blue Jays
5) Pacoboy - Angels
4) Toine--Orioles
3) Piloneus - Rockies
2) HARMONK
1) Meat

-----------------------
Pirates----------------

piloneus382

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Could we perhaps give some thought to putting the Pirates in the expansion list for season 31? Then they might actually get picked

They have some decent hitters but not nearly enough pitching to be anything more than a complimentary lineup for one of the powerhouses.

FALCON29

Dual Franchise League Season 30

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 pm

piloneus382 wrote:Could we perhaps give some thought to putting the Pirates in the expansion list for season 31? Then they might actually get picked

They have some decent hitters but not nearly enough pitching to be anything more than a complimentary lineup for one of the powerhouses.

I would like to see the two non-selected POST teams be available as Expansion selections once everyone has picked their POST team, whenever that happens to occur.

Treyomo

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Not sure who you swap out - Mariners maybe, with one great SP, a bunch in the pen, and 3 good hitters?

The challenge with making them available after all post teams are selected is that if someone picks an expansion franchise first in an earlier position (say 8th), then teams 9-12, with worse post selections, would not have access to them, but teams 1-7, with better post franchises, would have access to them, which could create some competitive imbalance for teams picking earlier in the draft.

FYI - from my Phillies/Mets combo, Orosco will also be available.

BDWard

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think we should do away with the original teams/franchise team split list altogether, as the distinction is no longer being scrupulously followed (Expos & Astros are included among established teams and White Sox, Browns/Orioles and Senator/Twins are included among expansion teams) and the preference should be to get the best players with the best teams on the field. Having a serpentine team draft insures that no one will get a Yankees/Dodgers or Indians/Giants powerhouse combo, so there is really no need to make the expansion team distinction.

BTW, my preference expressed above is in no way a criticism of our fabulous commish, Dave, who does a great job herding us cats and keeping this theme fresh from one season to the next with variable caps, occasionally having a no DH league, occasionally allowing trades, moving a few teams from one side of the list to another, evenhandedly enforcing the rules, quickly finding replacement managers, creating the league, etc., etc.

I'm sure everyone shares my sentiments when I say thanks for all you do, Dave. It is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by BDWard on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

FALCON29

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:52 pm

Treyomo wrote:The challenge with making them available after all post teams are selected is that if someone picks an expansion franchise first in an earlier position (say 8th), then teams 9-12, with worse post selections, would not have access to them, but teams 1-7, with better post franchises, would have access to them, which could create some competitive imbalance for teams picking earlier in the draft.

And that becomes part of your strategy. That's why I like it.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat