TSL Keeper League Chat- NL start-up check-in

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MFL536

Re: TSL Keeper League Chat- Check for roster verification

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 9:02 am

my AL roster is correct except Shane Baz P should be shown as a prospect I'll pick my 32 nd NL player later today

fowldawg

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 10:22 am

In

evanthomas

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 am

The AL roster is OK. Note that Bubic should be noted as prospect.

toshiro

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 10:52 am

What does draft look like next year? How many rounds?

Terry101

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 11:55 am

Toshiro,

Looks like this (taken from rules section)

ANNUAL FREE AGENT DRAFTS

1. Drops are due one week after the cards are released.
2. No minimum or maximum number of dropped players required.

RULES CONCERNING DRAFTS

1. There is no prospect draft. Any player signed by a MLB team is eligible for the draft. Prospects can be drafted at any time during the draft.
2. There is no supplemental draft. This will put more players in play for the following year.
3. Draft position is determined by lottery and position. Each year the bottom six teams will be in a lottery for the first six FA picks. The next six draft positions 7 through 12 by team records
(combined league not included). Ties broken by run differential. This prevents tanking to get first pick. This is important in this league because, let’s say, Trout is traded from the AL to the NL. NL teams might want to get that first pick in next year’s draft, since the difference between that pick and the next…
4. Annual drafts are non-serpentine.
5. All teams must be at 32 players upon completion of draft.

SPECIAL RULES CONCERNING COMPENSATION PICKS

The problem with AL/NL leagues is losing your best players due to the MLB (real teams) trading a star player from one league to the other or a star player becomes a free agent. Anthony Rendon, Mookie Betts, and in the past few years Manny Machado, Gerrit Cole, Sonny Gray, Z. Greinke, M. Stanton, etc. In keeper leagues it is not uncommon to lose 3-4 players due to real team trading and free agency. In the event this happens owners will receive compensation picks in the following way.

If a team loses a player ranked in the top 100 MLB players according to the ESPN top 100 player list (ESPN puts out this list every spring- this year they put it out March 10th) the compensation rule is:
A team losing a player/s in the top 20 ranking gets a 1st round compensation pick, wherever that team is picking in that round, i.e. 7th pick means the team gets a 7th pick and a 7a pick.
A team losing a player/s in the top 21- 49 ranking gets a 2nd round compensation pick.
In the 50 to 100, a 3rd round compensation pick.
If a team should lose more than one player in the top 100, they would also get a “b” pick in the corresponding round.
A lost player beyond the 100th ranking gets a 5th round compensation pick ONLY if it is the team’s only compensation pick. I In other words, if the team has taken advantage of an earlier compensation pick, they may NOT use the 5th round option. In addition, only one 5th round compensation pick allowed. The player's value must be 1.5 mil or over in order to receive a 5th round compensation pick.
The compensation picks will probably not make up for the loss (knowing that the free agent market will likely be thin)- it still keeps the team from being at a mild to severe disadvantage and it will help at not losing owners due to getting their team decimated.

Terry101

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 11:57 am

MFL536 wrote:my AL roster is correct except Shane Baz P should be shown as a prospect I'll pick my 32 nd NL player later today

Got it-

thechamp87

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Terry101 wrote:NL Rosters

Champ87 needs to repick R24 Liriano taken in R21
Joker needs to repick-R26-- Corry taken
JMP1needs to repick-R32 Gray taken
MFL536- needs to pick a 32nd player

Please post these post draft picks on this thread- picks do not need to be made in the above order

Michael Toglia 1B COL

Terry101

Re: TSL Keeper League Chat- roster verification/contact info

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Hey guys,

We are finished with a 64-round, 768 player draft! Well just two picks away- joker needs a repick and MFL536 needs a pick.

Send your contact info- phone and email directly to Sean by pm so he can enter it in our google doc? Thanks

seanreflex

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 7:45 pm

AL league is full, should draft tonight, and start on Wednesday.

MFL536

PostSun Jun 07, 2020 9:42 pm

NL Rosters

Champ87 needs to repick R24 Liriano taken in R21
Joker needs to repick-R26-- Corry taken
JMP1needs to repick-R32 Gray taken
MFL536- Jesus Sanchez Prospect OF Miami my NL roster checks out

Please post these post draft picks on this thread- picks do not need to be made in the above order
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat