nlD 53 - The "Big D" League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Re: nlD 53 - The "Big D" League

PostMon May 04, 2020 5:17 am

Here's another tidbit:

I have Lugo set as middleman, setup and "do not use in a blowout" checked.

Lugo came in with a 15 run lead last night in game one--then in game 3 Hal did not use him. Even though he was fully rested Hal let Creighton go F0 for 4 batters in a key situation. I have Creighton set at F6 quick hook.

As I said in an earlier post--I have no idea what HAL will do with pitching this season--The AI is weird right now--wonder what other mangers think--but I've seen this weird behavior in most all my leagues this year.

Jeepdriver

PostMon May 04, 2020 8:33 am

When evaluating my team and you see my R.D., please make note of a 29-3 loss in Game 1 last night. I'm pretty sure I've never given up 29 runs in a game, even in a wacky theme league.

But,,,that wasn't all...in Game 3 I fortunately pulled one game out of the series by a thrilling 16-15 score. So my staff gave up 44 runs in two games. :o :shock: :!:

Spider 67

PostMon May 04, 2020 8:44 am

Canha has been HBP 15 times in 42 games. Any ideas about a seasonal record?

joethejet

PostMon May 04, 2020 1:39 pm

milleram wrote:Here's another tidbit:

I have Lugo set as middleman, setup and "do not use in a blowout" checked.

Lugo came in with a 15 run lead last night in game one--then in game 3 Hal did not use him. Even though he was fully rested Hal let Creighton go F0 for 4 batters in a key situation. I have Creighton set at F6 quick hook.

As I said in an earlier post--I have no idea what HAL will do with pitching this season--The AI is weird right now--wonder what other mangers think--but I've seen this weird behavior in most all my leagues this year.

Miller, you might want to pass the info on to SOM to check out. "Fully rested" this time around isn't the same as before. i.e. you can miss two games in a row if you throw a certain number of pitches. So, you may not have been as rested as you think.

Jeep, your pitching must be TERRIBLE! ;) :lol: :mrgreen:

Spidey, please keep us posted on how many Canha ends up with. That's a lot so far! Ron Hunt got hit 50 times in 1971 so he's got a ways to go! ;)

milleram

PostMon May 04, 2020 2:20 pm

I'm guessing Jeeps pitching was more screwed up than mine that night--Gott came into game at F0 and stayed in the game for a long time too--why take an F0 guy out just to waste another rest day for a different reliever that is already at F0---the two roles only thing is not working the way they intended.

Another thing is The F settings aren't working either--which is worse than the two roles only--in the past F6 and quick hook was an automatic pull unless he was last usable pitcher. Now I have pitchers going several batters beyond their F settings with a useable pitcher on the bench--even if HAL had brought in .5M Alvarado when Creighton 1st hit F6 it would have been better--it just makes no since.

We all know it gets worse than F0 the longer they stay in and Creighton was in there for 4 batters with at least three pitchers available--Gott was in there for innings!!!

Anyway--that's why I spent for Lugo to use him when he needs to be used--last night everything was reversed, and same in my other leagues this year for many games--everyone is under the same rules I guess, but I like to have a decent idea of what the AI is going to do--the pitcher settings seem useless to me this season.

It really doesn't matter how I set pitchers, HAL is doing his thing.

joethejet

PostTue May 05, 2020 1:30 am

So, you know that when you set it to f6, all that means is that he won't be pulled until the pitcher is *at least* that low. He can go lower. If you want them out quick, do not set the F rating.

I would guess that Lugo had some long outings in previous games and that's why he didn't pitch. Don't expect to get 300 IP from him.

Speaking of pitching, I was on the wrong end of a no-no tonight. Congrats to Hawk and the Chirinos/Kelley combo. :( :cry:

nythawk129921

PostTue May 05, 2020 11:27 am

joethejet wrote:So, you know that when you set it to f6, all that means is that he won't be pulled until the pitcher is *at least* that low. He can go lower. If you want them out quick, do not set the F rating.

I would guess that Lugo had some long outings in previous games and that's why he didn't pitch. Don't expect to get 300 IP from him.

Speaking of pitching, I was on the wrong end of a no-no tonight. Congrats to Hawk and the Chirinos/Kelley combo. :( :cry:

Thanks Joe. Unfortunately I lost Turner for 10, Tauchman for 3 and Ohtani for 6 games in the series so it was a painful series win.

joethejet

PostWed May 06, 2020 1:42 am

nythawk129921 wrote:
joethejet wrote:So, you know that when you set it to f6, all that means is that he won't be pulled until the pitcher is *at least* that low. He can go lower. If you want them out quick, do not set the F rating.

Thanks Joe. Unfortunately I lost Turner for 10, Tauchman for 3 and Ohtani for 6 games in the series so it was a painful series win.

Ouch. Yeah, that's tough. Well, at least you got the series win. Would be worse if you had the injuries AND didn't win the series.

joethejet

PostWed May 06, 2020 11:48 pm

Semper the latest to make a move. Going to "platoon" a couple of LHSP in the fourth rotation spot. Should be interesting given he's getting like 85% of his IP from his starters right now! :o

Stoney18

PostThu May 07, 2020 9:59 am

Bauer has 50 walks in 61 innings. Ugh
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat