• Author

sociophil

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 8:53 pm

He can revise his offer.

sociophil

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm

The Sheridan Alchemists (madal) announce the signing of SS Jorge Polanco (MN) a 4 year contract worth $12 M ($3 M/yr). Polanco was very happy to be coming to the Alchemists. “I hear they have great chemistry in the club house and I hope to be adding a little explosiveness to the mix”, said Polanco. His four year deal surprised some around the league, but GM Madal says “you never want to miss an opportunity to add a great glove and bat to your roster, especially when he helps you up the middle”. A few more signings are rumored to be in the works. Stay tuned for the latest Moneyball baseball news.

sociophil

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 1:37 pm

The Cape Bear Cubbies announced the signing of SP Brad Keller to a 3 year $6 million dollar contract at $ 2mil per year. Keller was over joyed at the signing. “Frankly I was shocked not to be drafted last winter. I mean Aaron effing Sanchez was signed instead of me! I hope to punish whatever dum ass team passed me up for that bucket of broken bolts”. Sanchez could not be contacted for comment, and his GM hung up when we attempted contact. The cubbies got a good young arm with this mid season signing.

sociophil

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 1:48 pm

The Mount Joy Bobcats announced the signing of 29 year old journeyman RP Luke Jackson to a 3 year $6 mil contract at $2 million a year. The bobcats are hoping to bolster their bullpen with this signing. One GM could be heard saying “I hope he’s in contact with Joey Balco ‘cause he needs some help”. When told of this comment Bobcats GM mykbr said “no comment”.

sociophil

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 1:57 pm

The Salary Cap Mismanagers signed the 24 year old right handed SP Pablo Lopez MIA to a 2 year $2 million dollar deal at $1M per year. Some have called the team aptly named after this signing, others think they may have found a hidden gem. Only time will tell.

paul j kiggins

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 5:22 pm

RENATO NUNEZ 1B/3B/DH has just signed a 3 year deal at 2 million a year says the Associated press.Nunez has power of clubbing 31 HR's last year Núñez was claimed off waivers by the Baltimore Orioles on May 13, 2018 and outrighted to the Triple-A Norfolk Tides two days later on May 15. His contract was selected two months later on July 20, and he made his Orioles debut as the starting third baseman in a ten-inning 8–7 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays at Rogers Centre that same night. His opportunity at becoming the regular third baseman was made possible by the fire sale trade of Manny Machado two days prior during the All-Star break. He played in 60 games and batted .275/.336/.445/.781 with thirteen doubles, seven homers and twenty runs batted in by the end of 2018.He achieved his first-ever five-hit game in a 6–5 away defeat to the New York Yankees on August 14, 2019.The starting designated hitter in 109 games in 2019, he ranked second on the team with 31 home runs and 90 runs batted in and third in doubles with 24

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 3:09 pm

now that the Supp Free Agent draft is over.

I'd like to make a motion to remove the Supp Free Agent draft from all future seasons. It doesn't have a point moving forward. I understand some people prepared for it for this season, more power to them, and I see it worked out for them. I'm all good with that. I just don't see its purpose from here on out.

sociophil

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Gentleman,

Please check your rosters. I created the Moneyball 2019 Season 2 league and we can load at anytime. It's a private league and I sent you the invitations to your email addresses. You can load in any order and I will place you in the correct divisions. Here are the divisions:

EAST
Paul_Long71
oldmansmith2
baseball cfo
paul j kiggins

CENTRAL
hveed
teamnasty
srh1200
chilliards

WEST
sociophil
dharmabums
madal
mykbar1

sociophil

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 3:58 pm

I left the league and forgot to send the invite to myself. Would someone forward me the invite please code please. :oops:

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 6:34 pm

emailed ya
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat