Moneyball Baseball League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

teamnasty

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostMon Dec 20, 2021 11:57 pm

I’ll double check later but my roster spreadsheet looks correct.

Meanwhile, I’ll try to light the hot stove: I’m looking to trade one or more of my inexpensive #2.5-3 starting pitcher types: Darvish, Kim, Bauer, and Kluber. Please email/message me if you’re interested.

madal

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 9:42 pm

Jose Alvarez needs to be listed in my 2021-1 Roster sections He is correctly shown on payroll page.

teamnasty

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 10:12 pm

On Paul Long's spreadsheet I caught two errors:

1. Urias needs to be listed at $2M not 1.83 for his first year of arbitration. That's the minimum salary that Paul carried forward for him on the transaction thread.

2. Cristian Javier needs to be listed as a pre arb year 2 player at $600k, not a pre arb year 1 player at $500k because Paul promoted him for the 2nd season last year, so he's now considered a year 2 player.

I'll review some of the other rosters later.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 11:49 pm

I believe teamnasty is correct on both of those.

Paul

sociophil

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 10:45 am

I double checked the rosters and I think I've finally ironed out all of the errors. Please have a look before the FA signing period begins on January 3rd, 2022.

I am proposing a revision of the Waiver Rules. Here are the original rules:

"Section 8.03    WAIVER CLAIMS: Players who have been cut by a team, but who are still under contract, are eligible to be claimed by any other team assuming the team has roster and salary cap space available. The waiver claim priority is determined by the draft order of the most recent prospect draft. The team claiming the player assumes their contract and salary."

Revised Rule:

"Section 8.03    WAIVER CLAIMS: Players who have been cut by a team, but who are still under contract, are eligible to be claimed by any other team assuming the team has roster and salary cap space available. Teams can make waiver claims if they have an available roster spot (See Player Movement rule). The waiver claim priority is determined by the draft order of the most recent Free Agent signing period. A claim must be posted on the Moneyball Chat page. Once a claim is made on a player, all other teams with a higher priority ranking have 48 hours to place a competing claim. If no other team claims the player then the last team making the claim gets the player. The team claiming the player assumes their contract and salary."

Owner
dharmabums
beesore
chilliards
Oldmansmith
Paul J Kiggins
Mykbr1
Evil Spock
sociophil -- YES
Madal
BaseballCFO
Paul_Long
teamnasty

Note: In order for waiver claims to take place between seasons 1 and 2 we need to also adjust Section 7.04 under PLAYER MOVEMENT to allow for mid-season player cuts. I will post a revision of that rule to follow.

sociophil

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 10:47 am

I am making a second proposed rule change from:

Section 7.04    Regular players can be released from the 40 man roster only for the following reasons:
(a)     pre-draft release prior to the Annual winter free agent draft
(b)     pre-draft release prior to the Supplemental free agent draft
(c)     to bring a roster down to the 40 man limit as a result of an unbalanced transaction.
(d)     teams are responsible for the remaining contract, if any, of released players.

change to:

Section 7.04    Regular players can be released from the 40 man roster only for the following reasons:
(a)     pre-draft release prior to the Annual winter free agent draft
(b)     mid-season release between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2.
(c)     to bring a roster down to the 40 man limit as a result of an unbalanced transaction.
(d)     teams are responsible for the remaining contract, if any, of released players.

Owner
dharmabums
beesore
chilliards
Oldmansmith
Paul J Kiggins
Mykbr1
Evil Spock
sociophil -- YES
Madal
BaseballCFO
Paul_Long
teamnasty

teamnasty

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 am

I vote yes to both proposed changes

beesore

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 3:14 pm

If a team makes a successful claim, do they keep waiver spot? Or move to end of priority?

Does waiver claim window start after the WS or after the player release phase between seasons?

teamnasty

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Good questions from Beesore, I'll withdraw my previous yes votes until the proposal is modified in some fashion. I would vote yes for moving the claiming team to the bottom of the priority list.

teamnasty

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 9:02 pm

I deleted a previous question because I found the answer in the rules.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat