Moneyball Baseball League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

madal

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 12:02 pm

It seems like managing the salary cap will be a whole lot easier with being able to renew contracts, and fewer players going to arbitration. Which is definitely a good thing!

mykbr1

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 1:35 pm

BE IT PROPOSED TO CHANGE THE ARBITRATION RULE from:

Section 9.10 ARBITRATION: A player with an expiring contract who has more than 3 years and up to 6 years of service time qualifies for arbitration if the owner declines to offer a contract extension. If the owner chooses arbitration the player will be renewed at his major league salary based on service time or the salary established for his SOMO card for the following season, whichever is higher. The owner must decline to offer a contract extension prior to the release of the SOM card set for the upcoming season or the player will be automatically renewed for one year at their qualified major league salary as determined in Sections 9.05 and 9.06 above.

to

ARBITRATION: A player with an expiring contract who has more than 3 years and up to 6 years of service time qualifies for arbitration if the owner declines to release the player, offer a contract extension, or to renew the player at the Major League Minimum Salary. If the owner chooses arbitration the player will be renewed at the salary established for his SOMO card price for the following season. The owner must decline to offer a contract extension prior to the release of the SOM card set for the upcoming season or the player will be automatically renewed for one year at their qualified major league minimum salary as determined in Sections 9.05 and 9.06 above.

This change will make arbitration a viable option for team owners by removing the major league minimum salary requirement for arbitration settlements. For example, a player like Jeimer Candelario has a current salary of $610,000 and is entering his arb 1 year where he will have to be paid $2,000,000 next year. The original arbitration rule would not be applicable for Candelario because the team has to pay $2 mil if they win and more than that if they lose. If you want to keep him, you just renew his contract at $2 mil and avoid the risk of arbitration. Under the revised rule, there is a chance his SOM card price will be less than $2 mil. If you gamble on arbitration and win, you would be able to get him at that lower card price.

Owners will then have the following choices for arbitration eligible players:

1. Release the player;
2. Renew the player at his current salary or the major league minimum, which ever is higher;
3. Sign the player to a contract extension;
4. Take the player to arbitration.

If passed, the rule change will take effect immediately.

sociophil: YES (Proposer)
oldmansmith2: YES (Seconder)
Paul_Long71 --
dharmabums --
paul j kiggins --YES
srh1200 --
madal -- YES
teamnasty --
chilliards --
baseball cfo --
mykbr1 -- Yes
hveed --

mykbr1

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 3:17 pm

I have created a league for our inaugural season. I realize we have a few issues to still sort out, but I thought getting a start on the first season might be a nice distraction. Here are the divisions:

EAST
sociophil: in
hveed: in
teamnasty:in
baseball cfo: in

CENTRAL
Paul_Long
Paul J Kiggins: in
srh1200
Madal: in

WEST
oldmansmith2
mykbr1 - in
dharmabums
chilliards

League name is Moneyball 2019 Season 1
PSWD = nutz

Paul_Long71

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 3:18 pm

mykbr. you are in the wrong division. you have to wait until we get to the west. pull your team out of the league and reenter when we get to the west.

you need to pull your team out so srh can load

dharmabums

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 3:30 pm

BE IT PROPOSED TO CHANGE THE ARBITRATION RULE from:

Section 9.10 ARBITRATION: A player with an expiring contract who has more than 3 years and up to 6 years of service time qualifies for arbitration if the owner declines to offer a contract extension. If the owner chooses arbitration the player will be renewed at his major league salary based on service time or the salary established for his SOMO card for the following season, whichever is higher. The owner must decline to offer a contract extension prior to the release of the SOM card set for the upcoming season or the player will be automatically renewed for one year at their qualified major league salary as determined in Sections 9.05 and 9.06 above.

to

ARBITRATION: A player with an expiring contract who has more than 3 years and up to 6 years of service time qualifies for arbitration if the owner declines to release the player, offer a contract extension, or to renew the player at the Major League Minimum Salary. If the owner chooses arbitration the player will be renewed at the salary established for his SOMO card price for the following season. The owner must decline to offer a contract extension prior to the release of the SOM card set for the upcoming season or the player will be automatically renewed for one year at their qualified major league minimum salary as determined in Sections 9.05 and 9.06 above.

This change will make arbitration a viable option for team owners by removing the major league minimum salary requirement for arbitration settlements. For example, a player like Jeimer Candelario has a current salary of $610,000 and is entering his arb 1 year where he will have to be paid $2,000,000 next year. The original arbitration rule would not be applicable for Candelario because the team has to pay $2 mil if they win and more than that if they lose. If you want to keep him, you just renew his contract at $2 mil and avoid the risk of arbitration. Under the revised rule, there is a chance his SOM card price will be less than $2 mil. If you gamble on arbitration and win, you would be able to get him at that lower card price.

Owners will then have the following choices for arbitration eligible players:

1. Release the player;
2. Renew the player at his current salary or the major league minimum, which ever is higher;
3. Sign the player to a contract extension;
4. Take the player to arbitration.

If passed, the rule change will take effect immediately.

sociophil: YES (Proposer)
oldmansmith2: YES (Seconder)
Paul_Long71 --
dharmabums -- YES
paul j kiggins --YES
srh1200 --
madal -- YES
teamnasty --
chilliards --
baseball cfo --
mykbr1 -- Yes
hveed --

paul j kiggins

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 3:44 pm

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 7:30 am

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 9:36 pm

I have created a league for our inaugural season. I realize we have a few issues to still sort out, but I thought getting a start on the first season might be a nice distraction. Here are the divisions:

EAST

CENTRAL
Paul_Long:in
srh1200:

WEST
oldmansmith2
mykbr1: pull team out so SRH can load..u r in WEST
dharmabums
chilliards

PSWD = nutz

mykbr1

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 4:19 pm

EAST

CENTRAL
Paul_Long
srh1200

WEST
oldmansmith2
mykbr1 - I'm out
dharmabums
chilliards

PSWD = nutz

paul j kiggins

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 6:14 pm

EAST

CENTRAL
Paul_Long: in
srh1200

WEST
oldmansmith2
mykbr1 -
dharmabums
chilliards

PSWD = nutz

srh1200

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 7:06 pm

The league doesn't show up for me...it did earlier today, but not right now...will try to re-login on the site...

paul j kiggins

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 7:23 pm

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 6:14 pm

EAST

CENTRAL
Paul_Long: in
srh1200: in

WEST
oldmansmith2