• Author

oldmansmith2

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 pm

I will be dropping Nationals Park. LH ballpark singles has changed by 7

Paul_Long71

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 pm

paul j kiggins wrote:i believe Paul Long does not qualify for stadium change...plse check Phil

I asked Phil in Pm about this. I told him that I traded for a stadium last year. It doesn't specifically say anything regarding that. If it is deemed that I cannot get a new stadium due to that then remove me from the list. I wouldn't have traded for one last year if that had been the case but oh well.

paul j kiggins

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:02 pm

This is just my interpretation of the rules of stadium change only:

Section 5.04   Owners can choose to change their stadium after 3 years (or 6 SOMO seasons).
no explanation needed

Section 5.08    If the BP effects change by +/-6 in one category or by +/-15 in all four categories combined the owner may change stadiums.

straight forward

so what i think you are saying that if a team changes parks via a trade as we are allowed to do.....you get to pick a new stadiums after trade?......i dont see any thing there that allows you to trade ball parks via trade and get to chose another new park after that season again ....i cud be wrong.....

paul j kiggins

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 pm

If you are eligible to change your stadium, and would like to do so, respond to this message by Sunday evening. I will set up the draft for Monday morning. So far it looks like:

1. sociophil
2. Paul J
3:Oldmansmith
4. Paul Long
5. Madal

We will draft Monday.

Paul_Long71

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm

paul j kiggins wrote:This is just my interpretation of the rules of stadium change only:

Section 5.04   Owners can choose to change their stadium after 3 years (or 6 SOMO seasons).
no explanation needed

Section 5.08    If the BP effects change by +/-6 in one category or by +/-15 in all four categories combined the owner may change stadiums.

straight forward

so what i think you are saying that if a team changes parks via a trade as we are allowed to do.....you get to pick a new stadiums after trade?......i dont see any thing there that allows you to trade ball parks via trade and get to chose another new park after that season again ....i cud be wrong.....

I hear ya. That's why I asked Phil. My message to him is pasted here:

Don't know if this applies to me. I traded stadiums last season. I would like to be added to the list if I am able to.

paul
Last edited by Paul_Long71 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teamnasty

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 pm

Agree with Kiggins. Clear cut.

teamnasty

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 pm

Related but separate, Id vote to ditch the rule permitting stadium trades. Doesnt happen in real life and the existing rule permits stadium changes after a reasonable time or a drastic change in park factors.

Paul_Long71

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 pm

This is very minor for me so I'm ok with it being that you have to be in a stadium for 3 years before changing that is fine. That's how I think most would read that rule. I just asked in case I was able to change. I guess I should have done it last year but forgot, then should have just waited instead of trading. all good with me guys.

madal

PostSat Mar 30, 2024 8:51 pm

I have a couple of rule changes to propose:

1) Change the definition of prospect to EXCLUDE players coming over to MLB from the Japan and Korean baseball leagues. These players (Ohtani, Senga, Yamamoto, Kim) are not prospects in the traditional sense of the term. I believe they should be free agents after their first SOM card is issued. MLB certainly does not treat them as prospects. I think the bidding on such players as free agents would be far more interesting than treating them as prospects.

2) The arbitration process has become far too boring. I'd like to see players being taken to arbitration be assigned the higher of their SOM card value or the minimum contract price depending on Arb1, 2 or 3. Perhaps there could be a "settlement" amount based on, for example, 50% of the required contract offers to Arb1 and Arb2 players, and the same 50% of the required contract offers to Arb3 players (percentage may need to be tweeked, 50% used only for example purposes). So your options for an Arb1 guy would be: take to arbitration with his salary being the higher of $2,000,000 or SOM card price, sign to a long-term extension, cut, or settle at 50% (per my example, not set in stone) of the required contract for an Arb1 guy.

Just some thoughts
Al

sociophil

PostSun Mar 31, 2024 11:42 pm

The rules on stadium changes are clear. The rules on changing a stadium after a trade are not so clear. Since Paul only recently acquired the stadium I am ruling that he must wait for three years, or for the 6+- change to take place, before changing again. I will put the motion to end stadium trading up for a vote sometime tomorrow.

Here is the stadium draft order:

1. sociophil
2. Paul J Kiggins
3. Oldmansmith
4. Madal
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat