Moneyball Baseball League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

madal

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 11:25 pm

paul j kiggins wrote:Any chance getting the voting started on next seasons injuries while we wait till draft is completed.

What's the proposed rule change?

oldmansmith2

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 12:40 am

madal wrote:
paul j kiggins wrote:Any chance getting the voting started on next seasons injuries while we wait till draft is completed.

What's the proposed rule change?

Just to remind everyone, the super advanced injury system that we use has injury duration limits built into it. For example starting pitchers with 28 or more starts have a maximum injury length of 6 games. Relief pitchers and batters have their own thresholds based on innings pitched and plate appearances. The problem is with the shortened season in 2020 no starter, no batter and only a handful of relievers were able to reach their thresholds. To use the starting pitcher example, the equivalent of 28 or more starts in a 162 game season would be 10 or more starts in the 60 game schedule of 2020. Unfortunately strat did not make the adjustment. Since the super advanced system is not working properly the proposal is to use the standard injury system for the 2nd season of 2020 only. We would be back to using the super advanced in 2021.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 8:14 pm

the rule change is ONLY for the second season of this upcoming campaign....correct?

just re-read randy's post and he says that what I posted is correct....so at least I'm understanding things. :)

paul j kiggins

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 10:49 pm

yes just the next season.....i will agree to this ...just saying...its stupid the injuries las yr..not real at all

teamnasty

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 11:38 pm

The ordinary injury rules aren’t realistic at all, and are worse than any flaws in Super Advanced. Most DL visits are for only a couple games at a time, with 15 game maximums. High injury players are way overvalued compared to their real life value. Teams that drafted depth are penalized, and we shouldn’t change rules midway through a card set after draft decisions have been made. I vote no.

oldmansmith2

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 12:35 am

I don't begrudge any team that has more depth than me their well earned advantage. Last year Bauer for teamnasty and Bieber for me were both hit with the maximum injury. Teamnasty should reap the benefits of his team depth when our number one starters are injured. But that advantage is supposed to be for 6 games not 60. All 5 of my main starters were supposed to have a 6 game maximum injury. If I had known they were going to be subject to 30 and 60 game injuries I would have made different draft decisions. I'm all for the super advanced injuries for this league when they're being applied correctly. I vote yes.

EvilSpock

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 6:25 pm

I have a fairly deep team myself, but I'd rather use a rule that can be applied correctly over one that can't. Sure it's not as realistic as the super-advanced rule, but I believe it will be more fun for this season only.

I vote yes

sociophil

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:32 pm

A motion has been made to use the standard injury rules for the 2020 Season Two season only. Please vote on that motion:

sociophil - no
Paul_Long71 -
dharmabums -
paul j kiggins - yes
oldmansmith2 - yes
beesore -
madal -
teamnasty - no
chilliards -
baseball cfo -
mykbar1 -
EvilSpock - yes

beesore

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:33 pm

A motion has been made to use the standard injury rules for the 2020 Season Two season only. Please vote on that motion:

sociophil - no
Paul_Long71 -
dharmabums -
paul j kiggins - yes
oldmansmith2 - yes
beesore - no
madal -
teamnasty - no
chilliards -
baseball cfo -
mykbar1 -
EvilSpock - yes

madal

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 am

beesore wrote:A motion has been made to use the standard injury rules for the 2020 Season Two season only. Please vote on that motion:

sociophil - no
Paul_Long71 -
dharmabums -
paul j kiggins - yes
oldmansmith2 - yes
beesore - no
madal - no
teamnasty - no
chilliards -
baseball cfo -
mykbar1 -
EvilSpock - yes