PostSat Mar 12, 2022 1:01 pm

Hi Phil,

My rookie list is missing MJ Melendez.

Thanks.

sociophil

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 1:03 pm

s this defined anywhere in rules, I am struggling to find it

Garneau was signed prior to being designated unleashed....cannot find any unleashed rule other than initial draft and FA signing

if forfeiture of my player is intact, why replaced with worst player available?

I do not have a rule for how to address teams that cannot meat roster rules. I assumed that we would be able to meet those rules with a 40 man roster. This is really only a potential problem for catchers and pitchers. I may have to include a rule requiring teams to carry at least three catchers on their 40-man rosters, as well as a rule for how to address the failure to meet the roster rules. I don't think that owners should be allowed to go back to the FA pool and sign any available player because the FA process assumes a competitive bidding process. I'm open to suggestions on how to prevent this in the future, an resolve the occasional error.

Since this is the first occurrence, and an active catcher is available on the waiver wire, I thought this would be a reasonable solution. What solution do you think is reasonable?

Philip

teamnasty

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 1:06 pm

Phil, my spreadsheet looks correct except can you explain why Amir Garrett , one of my cut players, shows at a $3.00 salary rather than the .79 card value that he received this year? I offered him arb before cutting him later, and I think he's supposed to be signed at his card value that he receives.

sociophil

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 1:09 pm

Phil, my spreadsheet looks correct except can you explain why Amir Garrett , one of my cut players, shows at a $3.00 salary rather than the .79 card value that he received this year? I offered him arb before cutting him later, and I think he's supposed to be signed at his card value that he receives.

Because I effed up? I resigned him rather than using the arb settlement. Fixed.

teamnasty

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 1:11 pm

Thx

madal

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 2:24 pm

My roster sheet shows Varsho at C, but he belongs to someone else. Also, I promoted McKenzie during free agency, he's listed as a prospect.

My payroll sheet is correct.

sociophil

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 2:34 pm

Fixed

chilliards

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 7:02 pm

sociophil wrote:
s this defined anywhere in rules, I am struggling to find it

Garneau was signed prior to being designated unleashed....cannot find any unleashed rule other than initial draft and FA signing

if forfeiture of my player is intact, why replaced with worst player available?

I do not have a rule for how to address teams that cannot meat roster rules. I assumed that we would be able to meet those rules with a 40 man roster. This is really only a potential problem for catchers and pitchers. I may have to include a rule requiring teams to carry at least three catchers on their 40-man rosters, as well as a rule for how to address the failure to meet the roster rules. I don't think that owners should be allowed to go back to the FA pool and sign any available player because the FA process assumes a competitive bidding process. I'm open to suggestions on how to prevent this in the future, an resolve the occasional error.

Since this is the first occurrence, and an active catcher is available on the waiver wire, I thought this would be a reasonable solution. What solution do you think is reasonable?

Philip

This is where I am scratching my head

I can’t find what happens with a contracted unleashed player in the rules.....just inaugural draft and rule 9
Rule 9 is a gray area on this one as he was leashed when sign, unleashed after the fact....had he been an unleashed FA, he would not have been eligible to sign under Rule 9 in the first place
I signed him late when half were already completed and attributed almost 3% of my salary cap to him.....had I any knowledge he would be come unleashed, I would have grabbed another catcher after him.....I had the absolute last contract in free agency with Fulmer, I could have took any catcher available without challenge......and instead will get the worst catcher in Strat and have to keep him on my active roster at a position I cannot escape him being used :?
So, yes, I am in favor of it being more defined

mykbr1

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 8:42 pm

Last year I had 3 starting pitchers that didn't get a card. I had 2 starting pitcher injuries so I had to make a trade for a starter. I say he has to make a trade with somebody for a catcher. I have 4 if anyone is interested.

chilliards

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 8:57 pm

mykbr1 wrote:Last year I had 3 starting pitchers that didn't get a card. I had 2 starting pitcher injuries so I had to make a trade for a starter. I say he has to make a trade with somebody for a catcher. I have 4 if anyone is interested.

I had pitching issues as well, so much so that I ended up getting 150 innings out of Cisnero

Difference here is I had zero catchers, signed two carded catchers to fulfill my roster requirements.....got the end around by Strat on the unleashing.......this could easily be avoidable if Strat would mark the unleashed players in the Ratings Guide
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat