Moneyball Baseball League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

madal

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 12:53 pm

Prospect draft could wait until arb settlements are in. Prospects couldn't be promoted until season 2, so really no rush.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 1:12 pm

don't like changing the rules now. If we want to push the prospect draft back then lets do it next year not this year.

teamnasty

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 1:39 pm

Agree with Paul Long. No rule changes midway through

baseball cfo

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 2:03 pm

baseball cfo trades

Diego Castillo
Luis Patino
Second round prospect pick in 2023

To sociophil for

Amed Rosario

Sociophil to confirm

paul j kiggins

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 2:11 pm

i would vote yes to change prospect draft after arb awards(next year)

oldmansmith2

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 2:11 pm

I'm also in favor of draft after arbs starting next year.

sociophil

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 3:14 pm

baseball cfo trades

Diego Castillo
Luis Patino
Second round prospect pick in 2023

To sociophil for

Amed Rosario

Sociophil to confirm

confirmed

madal

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm

There's a rule being changed either way you look at it--if the prospect draft proceeds, then the penalty rule is being partially changed. To me the penalty rule is more integral to league operation then the random usage of "immediately" in the prospect draft rule.

oldmansmith2

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 3:41 pm

madal wrote:There's a rule being changed either way you look at it--if the prospect draft proceeds, then the penalty rule is being partially changed. To me the penalty rule is more integral to league operation then the random usage of "immediately" in the prospect draft rule.

The problem is we've done it in that order every other year and the "immediately after free agency" is in the rule. I agree that the penalty being there is more integral to league operation and that's why I'd like to see the rule changed to having prospect draft after arbs but I don't think it's fair to change it now especially in light of the 1.5 mil for our 3 prospects not being recorded on our roster pages like it was every other year.

madal

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 4:03 pm

oldmansmith2 wrote:
madal wrote:There's a rule being changed either way you look at it--if the prospect draft proceeds, then the penalty rule is being partially changed. To me the penalty rule is more integral to league operation then the random usage of "immediately" in the prospect draft rule.

The problem is we've done it in that order every other year and the "immediately after free agency" is in the rule. I agree that the penalty being there is more integral to league operation and that's why I'd like to see the rule changed to having prospect draft after arbs but I don't think it's fair to change it now especially in light of the 1.5 mil for our 3 prospects not being recorded on our roster pages like it was every other year.

Clearly I'm gonna be in the minority here, and that's OK. We've done it that way in other years, because I don't believe anyone has ever come close to blowing the cap, so that's not really a problem. If people missed the $1.5 M prospect money not being included in total salary that's on them. It don't take much to scroll down to check, or to check the formula to see how the number is calculated, trust me.

I don't see holding off on the prospect draft that big a deal. Frankly it's probably in the interest of anyone potentially over the cap to delay it, as not being able to spend the $1.5 million may save an additional arb player or 2 from being suspended. That's all I got.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat