Moneyball Baseball League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

sociophil

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostTue Apr 28, 2020 11:25 pm

Just to clarify, with teamnasty's example Chapman is allowed to start game 6 correct? Even though he would have 27 players for that game it would be the same way for everybody and sort of even out over the course of the season. Is that the thinking on it?

Yes.

sociophil

PostFri May 01, 2020 8:33 am

Can we get one more YES vote on this slight change and put this rule to rest?

BE IT PROPOSED TO REVISE THE ARBITRATION RULE from:

Section 9.10 ARBITRATION: A player with an expiring contract who has more than 3 years and up to 6 years of service time qualifies for arbitration if the owner declines to release the player, offer a contract extension, or to renew the player at the Major League Minimum Salary. If the owner chooses arbitration the player will be renewed at the salary established for his SOMO card price for the following season. The owner must decline to offer a contract extension prior to the release of the SOM card set for the upcoming season or the player will be automatically renewed for one year at their qualified major league minimum salary as determined in Sections 9.05 and 9.06 above.

to

ARBITRATION: A player with an expiring contract who has more than 3 years and up to 6 years of service time qualifies for arbitration if the owner declines to release the player, offer a contract extension, or to renew the player at the Major League Minimum Salary. If the owner chooses arbitration the player will be renewed at the salary established for his SOMO card price for the following season. If the player does not have a SOM card to settle the arbitration decision, the player is awarded the league minimum salary based on years of service (i.e. $2 mil for arb1, $3 mil for arb 2, etc). The owner must decline to offer a contract extension prior to the release of the SOM card set for the upcoming season or the player will be automatically renewed for one year at their qualified major league minimum salary as determined in Sections 9.05 and 9.06 above.

I've taken the liberty of entering YES votes for those who expressed support for this revision. We need two more votes for the revision to pass.

If passed, the rule change will take effect immediately.

sociophil: YES (Proposer)
oldmansmith2: YES (Seconder)
Paul_Long71 --
dharmabums -- YES
paul j kiggins -- YES
srh1200 -- YES
madal -- YES
teamnasty -- YES
chilliards --
baseball cfo --
mykbr1 --
hveed --

Phil

teamnasty

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 am

phil, two questions:

1. Am I correct that Rule 8.04’s prohibition against transactions after game 131 does NOT apply to promoting and demoting replacements for injured players?

2. The “midnight” end for bidding during each day of the free agent period is using East
coast time, yes? So 9pm on West Coast?

teamnasty

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 1:55 am

One more question. if i cut a player under long term contract i still take salary cap hit unless another team picks up the player at which point they assume the contract that i had negotiated and i’m off the hook, yes?

sociophil

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 10:44 pm

1. Correct
2. We still need to settle the free agent bidding rules.
3. correct

teamnasty

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Memorializing here my trade with mybyr:

I sent him Skaggs, Y.Gurriel, and Tanaka for Lynn, Escobar, and A.Miller

srh1200

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 am

What happens next and when? Do we have a timeline to follow?

chilliards

PostSun Jul 26, 2020 8:15 pm

:shock:

sociophil

PostTue Jul 28, 2020 3:36 pm

I just went on vacation for a couple of weeks. I thought I’d let a few weeks of baseball pass before doing anything, but it looks like MLB might be running out of luck. I’ll send out a message soon.

Philip

sociophil

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 8:49 am

Memorializing here my trade with mybyr:

I sent him Skaggs, Y.Gurriel, and Tanaka for Lynn, Escobar, and A.Miller

This is the first I'm seeing of this trade. Can mykbr confirm it, or point me to the page with the trade and confirmation?

Thanks,

Philip
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat