The 12 to confirm

MFL536 trades

Brandon Workman and a 4th round pick in 2021

to MLopp for Liam Hendricks

confirmed!

fredpaii

Re: New Keep A Dozen league chat/trades/trade talk

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Bigmahon asked about the 2nd season divisional alignments. Currently, according to the rules, we'd be okay in simply proceeding as is. Meaning that the randomized divisional assignments is an option in our rules currently. But I kind of like the idea of spreading out the division winners in three separate divisions so they don't get penalized for having good seasons and someone with a 75-win season doesn't end up going to the Finals (in a potential crappy division randomly assigned)!

Here's my idea for our 2nd season...

EAST

Seeds #1, 6, 7, 12

CENTRAL

Seeds #2, 5, 8, 11

WEST

Seeds # 3, 4, 9, 10

MFL536

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 9:02 pm

jmlopp and MFL536, I need you guys to write trades in with your screen names and not whatever these names are...please clear this trade up now. Thanks

Trade

Mfl536 sends Brandon Workman and a 4th round draft pick (2021) to

Jmlopp for Liam Hendricks.

The 12 to confirm[/quote]

fredpaii

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 pm

MFL536 wrote:jmlopp and MFL536, I need you guys to write trades in with your screen names and not whatever these names are...please clear this trade up now. Thanks

Trade

Mfl536 sends Brandon Workman and a 4th round draft pick (2021) to

Jmlopp for Liam Hendricks.

The 12 to confirm
[/quote]

Thanks Mike. :D I'm sorry I didn't update the thread to let you know I calmed down. It's all okay.

edub1969

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Had to do fact check first but 9 of the 10 keepers I’m in have the 4 playoff teams in the East, followed by record for the Central and West. I think they do this so the playoff teams have to play each other the next time, which means there will be at least 2 new playoff teams each season

I can’t remember when Ghost originally set it up but since we were only keeping 12 each time, we were making each season random division assignments

Either way sounds like a vote of some sort is in order

fredpaii wrote:Bigmahon asked about the 2nd season divisional alignments. Currently, according to the rules, we'd be okay in simply proceeding as is. Meaning that the randomized divisional assignments is an option in our rules currently. But I kind of like the idea of spreading out the division winners in three separate divisions so they don't get penalized for having good seasons and someone with a 75-win season doesn't end up going to the Finals (in a potential crappy division randomly assigned)!

EAST

Seeds #1, 6, 7, 12

CENTRAL

Seeds #2, 5, 8, 11

WEST

Seeds # 3, 4, 9, 10

oldmansmith2

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 11:23 pm

I would hope that if it's felt that putting the top 4 in the same division is unfair, that we would at least make the divisions random.

fredpaii

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 11:56 pm

edub1969 wrote:Had to do fact check first but 9 of the 10 keepers I’m in have the 4 playoff teams in the East, followed by record for the Central and West. I think they do this so the playoff teams have to play each other the next time, which means there will be at least 2 new playoff teams each season

I can’t remember when Ghost originally set it up but since we were only keeping 12 each time, we were making each season random division assignments

Either way sounds like a vote of some sort is in order

fredpaii wrote:Bigmahon asked about the 2nd season divisional alignments. Currently, according to the rules, we'd be okay in simply proceeding as is. Meaning that the randomized divisional assignments is an option in our rules currently. But I kind of like the idea of spreading out the division winners in three separate divisions so they don't get penalized for having good seasons and someone with a 75-win season doesn't end up going to the Finals (in a potential crappy division randomly assigned)!

EAST

Seeds #1, 6, 7, 12

CENTRAL

Seeds #2, 5, 8, 11

WEST

Seeds # 3, 4, 9, 10

So either randomly generated divisions or my idea here with the spreading out of the playoff teams? Sounds good to me. If anyone has any other ideas now is the time to say something...for establishing our 2nd season divisions.

MFL536

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 9:41 am

since we are redrafting 60% of our teams random divisions would seem to me to be the way to go

edub1969

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am

Random each season if those are the only two options listed above
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat