Auto League 442029 - Let's have a chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

J-Pav

Re: Auto League 442029 - Let's have a chat

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 10:59 am

Crazy night: the top five teams won 14 of 15 games yesterday. The best record Badgers only won two of three. :o

joethejet

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Crazy night: the top five teams won 14 of 15 games yesterday. The best record Badgers only won two of three.

Just my luck I get a sweep, thinking that I must have gained a game, but nope.

Heck, nobody can beat them I guess. Best team in the league of late 11 straight and 19-6.

Doing it with fewer injuries that would be expected and a much better D than would be expected. Oh well, I think we're toast unless we don't lose ground tonight AND sweep them in the last series. :( Gotta gain three games in six. At least we control our own destiny I guess.

joethejet

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Well we stayed alive (but still need a sweep tonight) by winning in 16 :!: after scoring 3 in the bottom of the 9th to send to extras! :shock:

Two out, none on, down 3, Osuna on the mound then this happened:

Code: Select all
2   S.Choo   4-4   Single (3B)   b-1   gb(3B)x   F9
2 1   M.Conforto   1-6   Double (CF)   1-3 b-2      F9
2 23   M.Machado   5-3   Single (LF)   3-H 2-H b-1   fly(LF)x   F9
2 1   C.Yelich   6-6   Double (LF)   1-H b-2      F9

Choo's 3bx was 1-4 single.

Machado's was 1-11 (JD is a 4)

We rolled 3 of 4 on his card and got 4 straight hits. Granted 3 of the 4 were lhb which are better v Osuna, but....what can I say? It's a dice game.

Then in the 16th off of Tim Hill,
leadoff walk by Choo
Conforto FC
Machado doubles (missing a 1-8 HR!)
And Yelich reaches on a FC where they failed to get Conforto at the plate.

Now we'll see if we can sweep the Froggy's. Not super confident given how we've played against him all season.
He's missing Ahmed, Chisenhall, and Winker for the whole series and Miguel Cabrera for 2.

We *should* be a lot better in our park and with all of his injuries, but it's a dice game. Who the heck knows what will happen? Getting a sweep is *always* hard to do no matter what.

J, looks like the Cynics got hot just like the Froggys did. They've won 14 of 16 to draw even with you. You guys aren't playing each other and you're 12-12. Not sure what the next tie breaker is. Crazy streaks by both of these teams put them back into playoff contention. Froggys obviously are in the driver's seat.

Lots of weirdness in this league.

J-Pav

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 pm

Wow! Crazy finish!! :o

Congrats on the sweep Joe! See you in the semis...

joethejet

PostSat Jan 25, 2020 5:37 pm

J-Pav wrote:Wow! Crazy finish!! :o

Congrats on the sweep Joe! See you in the semis...

Thanks J! Gotta say, even with all of his injuries I expected to fall short on the tie breaker. Wow.

We still couldn't get Jon Jay out. I think he hit 4 of his 8 HRs against us. :o In any case, we're just happy to make the playoffs after leading the division nearly the whole season only to fall a couple of games back with 9 to play. We, somehow, went 8-1. Didn't think that was possible. The Froggys lost 5 of 6 to finish.

Sheesh, the Killers swept the Cynics??? Like I said, I dice game. Did you ever figure out if you had the tie breaker with him?

Well, I went 5-7 against you during the regular season so we're close. I'm assuming there will be a lot of HRs given that we have the same home BP. You definitely have the edge in hitting while we're better in pitching and fielding. Should be a good series!

J-Pav

PostSat Jan 25, 2020 6:38 pm

I had the tiebreaker - run diff by one run.

joethejet

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 9:31 pm

J-Pav wrote:I had the tiebreaker - run diff by one run.

Ah, so you weren't quite as worried as I was. I *had* to sweep. Got lucky to do so. Hoping my luck holds against you. I think I'm going to need it!

joethejet

PostTue Jan 28, 2020 3:09 am

Yeah well, I think I used up all my luck just getting to the playoffs. Didn't have much tonight. Left 12 on in the first game including when I missed a 1-16 bphr which would have put us ahead in the 8th.

The second game got out of hand in the 6th when you mostly rolled on your card and got a 1-3 hit on a cfx. We had Ryu against Miley in game 2 and Stammen got lit up in relief. Of course, you rolled 27 of 39 on your card in that game so it didn't really matter who I had on the mound.

You've gotten 4 runners on the X Chart and we've gotten zip even though our D is much better. Did I say it's a dice game?

Oh well. We'll have to sweep at home to have a chance. Stranger things have happened.

joethejet

PostTue Jan 28, 2020 4:43 pm

But, hey, don't take what I said as a knock on your team. We *need* to get some breaks to get by you. As the ratings show, your team is very solid.

joethejet

PostWed Jan 29, 2020 5:11 pm

Man did we get lucky last night. You missed TWO 1-16 hrs in the second game and we, somehow, pulled out the game in the bottom of the 9th after trailing by a run to start the inning!

In the first game, your first 4 hits were all HRs, ALL solo. Totally lucky for me. Marte had the big blow with a 3 run shot in a 5-4 game in the bottom of the third.

Watching the second game unfold was a roller coaster, you got up 3-0 we made it 3-2, you made it 5-3, but we tied it on a Marte 2 run HR and then Machado's (1-7, 2b the rest) HR in the 5th put us up, but you scored in the 6th (and left a guy at third) and Trout homered to open the 7th to tie the game, but then, with the help of a PB you got two more and I thought I was toast.

Conforto made it a 1 run game in the 8th(1-12 hr) and in the 9th, after Wendle singled, Pagan gives up a 2b off of his card to Rivera. I don't have to tell you there isn't much on that card for RHB. Valencia got a single off of Wisler but Hicks got Marte and Owings before Yelich singled off of Elias to end it.

Crazy game and lucky for me.

The two teams hit 12 HRs last night. :shock:

Three game series now. I predict more HRs and more crazy games!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat