Auto League 442029 - Let's have a chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

J-Pav

Re: Auto League 442029 - Let's have a chat

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 12:35 am

Your good fortune continues. All that’s left is to see if home field decides the whole series...

joethejet

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 am

Yeah, you missed another bphr that's been where I've been VERY lucky.

Outside of that I don't think I was egregiously lucky in this game. Just had one big inning and we left 9 on base. Course, it's probably pretty lucky that Shoemaker only allowed 3 runners in 4 1/3 innings. :shock: Oh, and you lost Muncy for this next game and Wynns for 2 at bats. So there's that. We lost our DH Gurriel for two earlier. He would have played against Garcia, but not Ross. I was surprised you started Garcia against us.

Interesting that with our worst SPs on the mound, we had the lowest scoring game of the series. That's SOM for you I guess. Of course when both teams had 6+ ERAs, I guess we were due a lower scoring game.

Yeah, home field has been the magic so far. I'm hoping we can squeeze one out, but not sure we can....

Repeat of the match up of Game one, Ohtani versus Cahill. If we get to game 7, Miley and Ryu again.

joethejet

PostFri Jan 31, 2020 2:35 am

Well, the home field stays solid. We left 10 guys on base (7 of the 9 innings had LOB), you left 2. You got a total of three hits, but they were all HRs. :shock: We left the bases loaded with one out in a tie game, you got a sac fly with a runner at third in a tie game, scoring without a hit. The runner, Soto, must have rolled a six to get the jump on a steal to stay out of the DP which, instead got him to third. Clearly you executed when we couldn't.

You should feel better that we missed a bphr of our own in this game. Turn about is fair play I suppose.

Not sure you got lucky, but, pretty sure we didn't get many breaks tonight. The one break we did get (or maybe it was a bad break for you) was that you lost Puig for the rest of the playoffs. Of course, you wouldn't use him against Ryu anyway so doesn't help me any. And, you get Muncy back.

Oh well, hoping that Ryu can be better than Miley and we can break the home field trend in game 7.

Been a good series, I'm not surprised. Our teams have been close all season. I think you're up 10-8 in the season series. Interestingly enough, we went 3-3 at your park in the regular season. Just need to go 1-3 in the playoffs ;) :P

Well, good luck tomorrow. May the best team win!

J-Pav

PostFri Jan 31, 2020 11:20 am

We’ll be there...!

J-Pav

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 am

Well, you broke the home field advantage streak. :(

Good luck to you and the Badgers - should be a great finals series! :D

joethejet

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 2:34 pm

J-Pav wrote:Well, you broke the home field advantage streak. :(

Good luck to you and the Badgers - should be a great finals series! :D

Thanks J. It was an interesting series. You had some bad breaks with the bphrs and the injuries. Losing Sanchez against Ryu in the first inning was a tough blow. Also, your last four hits were HRs, but those were the only hits you got in the two games. :o That's crazy good luck for me. Another weird stat, 12 of your 15 HRs were solo shots! I mean, yeah, our pitching did a good job of keeping guys off base, but that's still really bad timing for you. However, that was the only way we were going to get past your homer happy team, get you to miss some bphrs (1-16 :!:) and have them come with no one on.

Thanks for participating on the forum here. It always makes things more interesting if you ask me.

Now we have to face the Badgers who are VERY good and he's got his pitching all lined up whereas we don't. Crazy, that the two series I'm playing, all the games are in Citizen's. Oh well, hopefully we can get lucky again!

joethejet

PostSun Feb 02, 2020 2:54 am

Well, we absolutely got our a**es kicked in the first two. Everything went his way. Eight HRs in two games. That's some *good* rolling. Yeah, he's got power, but..... yeah, that's some good rolling. Heck, he didn't even have to use his pen in either game.

To be fair, going 7 games put us at a disadvantage in the first two games. Nola against Arrieta and then bassitt against Buehler. Those are tough matchups for us.

it turns a bit for us in games 3 and 4. First we come home and then we have Cahill against. Gant and Ryu against godley which is a HUGE mismatch. I'm sure we'll lose that game because, it's a dice game, but, on paper, we have a big gap there.

Cahill v Gant is closer. We HAVE to win that one. Especially because we have Shoemaker v Nola in game 5 (if we get there).

joethejet

PostMon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 am

Well, we didn't win game 3 which really was a must win for us. Ryu barely managed to get a win against Godley, 7-5 when we got 4 runs off of Fry.

Don't like my odds against Nola with Shoemaker on the mound in game 5, but stranger things have happened.

joethejet

PostTue Feb 04, 2020 2:39 am

Well, congrats to the Badgers. Shoemaker actually kept us in the game, but we just couldn't get the big hit, leaving six on, in a 3-1 loss.

The Badgers were a very good team and we really needed to beat Gant in game 3 to have a chance. We definitely had the match up advantage in games 4 and 6 because we played 7 games to his 5. Of course, he had big advantages with Nola and Buehler against my 3, 4 and 5 starters which was always going to make it tough for me.

Oh well, just happy to get to the playoffs and past J. We were lucky to get that far!

Thanks to those how participated here. I know I had more fun with it.
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat