Auto League 442029 - Let's have a chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: Auto League 442029 - Let's have a chat

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Dang it J, you won a couple of close ones in our park. :(

Well, hopefully we'll do better tonight.

Jet

J-Pav

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 am

There was a time, at least a few seasons back, when I discovered I had never won a championship without starting the season with a record of 11-10 or better.

Nowadays, I’ve won championships after being below .500 more than halfway through the season.

If I had to make a guess, I’d say things start moving around the 40th-50th games now. So things should start taking shape here, but I feel like my team is not synced in yet.

We shall soon see...

joethejet

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 1:33 am

Yeah, early starts aren't always a guarantee for sure.

I'm hoping to unsynch you in the next series! ;)

We've been pretty up and down ourselves. Waiting to see what my team is really about....

J-Pav

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 12:22 am

Well Joe, it’s not just that I won two of three again...

But I won with Gary Sanchez playing second base and Suarez playing short!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

joethejet

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Sheesh, the dice were clearly not kind to me. I gotta say you're better in our park than I am as long as your D doesn't kill you and, as last night showed, it hasn't in our six games so far. :( :cry:

We left 12 on in game one.

In game 2 we won, but YOU got the runner out of a 2bx, I missed mine.

You also neglected to mention that Mac Williamson was playing 3b. We didn't roll a single 3bx in two games and only one 2bx. OTOH, you definitely took advantage of what X-charts you got from me. D is most certainly the biggest randomness to a teams success or failure IMHO. I really don't understand why SOM won't move a DH to the field. Munch *should* have been playing 3b for you and Choo RF for me after Marte got hurt.

Of course, when you hit 7 HR and we hit 2, we're probably lucky to just win one!

joethejet

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 2:42 am

Is Bassitt just a crappy pitcher? I've had him in a couple of leagues and he's been terrible. I *think* his card is pretty good, but a 5+ ERA would say different. Man, he's just killing me.

J-Pav

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 2:21 pm

I like him. Generally, he’s pretty solid.

Naturaldoc

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 pm

This should make you feel better about your pitchers. Kluber and Chacin are a combined 3-18 for me. Not what I expected to start things off. Maybe luck will even out over the rest of the season.

freeman

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Sorry, to barge in on your league chat but the question is interesting to me. I would not say his card is not so much good (though it can be), but that it has potential. Low-power (hrs and dbs),hits allowed arent too bad, high walks, fairly high WHIP. So, to me you need to cut the runners down, by park and with really good defense. You go Marlins or Citizens with 80% X chance defense...I think he will do really well. I'm not liking him much in Fenway, however or if you are going light on defense. Probably not liking him much in National because he is a 2L. Like the backwards nature of the card and that it is not extreme. Face a team with a lot of lefties in a park suitable to him, with a good defense... he should do well.

joethejet

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 5:04 pm

freeman wrote:Sorry, to barge in on your league chat but the question is interesting to me. I would not say his card is not so much good (though it can be), but that it has potential. Low-power (hrs and dbs),hits allowed arent too bad, high walks, fairly high WHIP. So, to me you need to cut the runners down, by park and with really good defense. You go Marlins or Citizens with 80% X chance defense...I think he will do really well. I'm not liking him much in Fenway, however or if you are going light on defense. Probably not liking him much in National because he is a 2L. Like the backwards nature of the card and that it is not extreme. Face a team with a lot of lefties in a park suitable to him, with a good defense... he should do well.

Well, I'm playing in a High HR park (Citizen's) but the singles are 1 so that should limit the guys on base. In addition, I have a solid D (1's at SS and RF, 2's- 2b, 3b, Cf, rf - 3, 1b -4) , but, looking at his stats, one thing stands out, he has allowed 18 HRs including 5 for 6 on BPHRs. (As a team, we're giving up a 64% HR number while only hitting 43% :shock: that's a killer) Given that his BA against is .219 and a 1.22 whip, he must be having some really bad timing for those HR rolls. Twelve of his HRs are from RHB which isn't too surprising I guess given the 3 bphrs.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat