Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 11:17 am

Copy of email sent to 365support@strat-o-matic.com:

I'm currently commish for 6 keeper leagues and am finding it tiring to keep up with all of the administrivia needed to keep them going. Like others recently, I'm feeling the need to back off on some of my Strat commitments, because the admin tedium gets in the way of the fun.

Several years ago, the Strat tech staff said they might consider providing support for keeper leagues -- 40-player roster management, annual drafts, trading future picks, etc. -- but that help has not yet materialized.

Would you be willing to consider working with a group of Strat veterans to add such support to your offerings?

Anybody interested in seeing if we could make this happen?
Last edited by tcochran on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:07 am, edited 41 times in total.

edub1969

Re: Support for keeper leagues?

PostTue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 pm

tcochran wrote:Copy of email sent to 365support@strat-o-matic.com:

I'm currently commish for 6 keeper leagues and am finding it tiring to keep up with all of the administrivia needed to keep them going. Like others recently, I'm feeling the need to back off on some of my Strat commitments, because the admin tedium gets in the way of the fun.

Several years ago, the Strat tech staff said they might consider providing support for keeper leagues -- 40-player roster management, annual drafts, trading future picks, etc. -- but that help has not yet materialized.

Would you be willing to consider working with a group of Strat veterans to add such support to your offerings?

Anybody interested in seeing if we could make this happen?

ABSOLUTELY Terry!!!

I also commish 6 keepers and have had to drop out of a couple keepers due to time constraints.

This would be great for the community IMO

fredpaii

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 12:21 am

Thank you to both of you. That's much appreciated. Besides that, I don't know how you guys can Commish so many leagues and have any fun. I can fall apart just Commishing ONE league. And I'm very sorry for that, btw.

Thank you both for doing so much. I really hope Strat can assist you (us) in Keeper's. That's a lot for one person to bare. Ninersphan is another that commishes many leagues I believe. I bet he could use some assistance from Strat as well.

Should we write to Strat customer service to express our support for this?

You guys blow me away (in a good way) but you're only human. We NEED help!

the ghost of roger maris

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 12:32 am

might be able to persuade folks to commish if they were compensated ....say a nice bottle of whiskey...
maybe this could be a side gig for a retiree.....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Palmtana

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 am

That's a nice addition to the discussion ghost. :roll:

I've contacted some KL commishes for their input on Terry's/our quest and will reach out to others. If enough of them post their support for the idea perhaps SOM will consider the undertaking.

fredpaii

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 4:17 am

the ghost of roger maris wrote:might be able to persuade folks to commish if they were compensated ....say a nice bottle of whiskey...
maybe this could be a side gig for a retiree.....

Well, the whiskey might help with the stress. Only half kidding!

Ninersphan

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 pm

I’m all for anything that makes administration of keepers easier. We are long time loyal customers and deserve to be catered to a little bit IMHO. That said, I’d be very surprised if any support could be given in the area of prospects or prospects roster management. I believe Strat pays the MLBPA a usage fee to use the players names and I do not believe that would extend to minor league and/or amateur players. I’m also not sure that Strat would devote the man hours to researching and creating an all inclusive minors/amateur data base on a year to year basis that would be necessary for tracking prospect rosters.

But any help in making drafts, 40 man roster tracking and transaction tracking done through the website instead of the way we do it now, using spread sheets and tons of free time, would be most welcome. I dropped managing one of the four leagues I ran two years ago due to lack of free time. I’ve seriously considered getting out of running leagues altogether the last two or three years, due to the effort and hours I spend editing roster sheets, overseeing drafts and tracking the various impacts of transactions.

Roscodog

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 10:58 pm

This would be an awesome addition to the strat product.
I love strat but now after about 17 years or so I’m finding it more difficult to find the time.

KEVINEHLE

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm in 9 Keeper Leagues but only the commish over the USKL. I've been asked numerous times to commish other Keepers, but it does take a lot of time. For those of use working 50-60 hour work weeks, monitoring drafts, updating spreadsheets, etc. can get tiring.

I'm in 9 Keepers. That is 18 leagues per year (about $360 per year). When extrapolating that out over all of the Keeper participants, I have to imagine it represents a good percentage of total leagues. I believe our collective participation via the Keeper Leagues should be significant enough to get SOM attention. If there were tools created by expert programmers to make it easier and more fun to be in Keepers, the whole Keeper League concept could really take off. The incremental keepers leagues could quickly offset the cost to develop the program.

Kev

calbatross

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 11:15 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:I'm in 9 Keeper Leagues but only the commish over the USKL. I've been asked numerous times to commish other Keepers, but it does take a lot of time. For those of use working 50-60 hour work weeks, monitoring drafts, updating spreadsheets, etc. can get tiring.

I'm in 9 Keepers. That is 18 leagues per year (about $360 per year). When extrapolating that out over all of the Keeper participants, I have to imagine it represents a good percentage of total leagues. I believe our collective participation via the Keeper Leagues should be significant enough to get SOM attention. If there were tools created by expert programmers to make it easier and more fun to be in Keepers, the whole Keeper League concept could really take off. The incremental keepers leagues could quickly offset the cost to develop the program.

Kev

like.

If it weren't for the keeper leagues, my SOM spending would be way down.

As a vet and a commish, I'd volunteer my involvement and opinions :D

-Cal
Next

Return to Individual League Chat