fredpaii

Re: Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

PostSun Dec 29, 2019 3:17 am

This is for edub1969...http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... 8&t=626968

The Mighty Casey league started play in 2012 with the 2011 playing set

tcochran

PostSun Dec 29, 2019 10:06 pm

fredpaii wrote:This is for edub1969...http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... 8&t=626968

Updated, thanks!

elpasopesos

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 9:50 pm

fredpaii wrote:This is for edub1969...http://forum.onlinegames.strat-o-matic. ... 8&t=626968

I appreciate all the work that all of you have dedicated to this project. Fred can tell you I was the worst commissioner in the history of commissioners, but the help I got from Fred and others in my league was indispensable. I admire those in more that one league, let alone serving as commissioner in ore than one. I also wanted to say that I appreciate everyone in our community, All of you make plating strat so much fun. I have been playing since 1984 when i played in a face to face league. After that, I was hooked.

fredpaii

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 6:20 pm

elpasopesos wrote:

I appreciate all the work that all of you have dedicated to this project. Fred can tell you I was the worst commissioner in the history of commissioners, but the help I got from Fred and others in my league was indispensable. I admire those in more that one league, let alone serving as commissioner in ore than one. I also wanted to say that I appreciate everyone in our community, All of you make plating strat so much fun. I have been playing since 1984 when i played in a face to face league. After that, I was hooked.

Whoa. Wait a minute ElPaso. You were a very good Commissioner. It's just that I was very over-reactive to the smallest things that didn't matter so much. You really were very good, Mark. I'm so sorry that I left you with that impression.

elpasopesos

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 pm

fredpaii wrote:
elpasopesos wrote:

Whoa. Wait a minute ElPaso. You were a very good Commissioner. It's just that I was very over-reactive to the smallest things that didn't matter so much. You really were very good, Mark. I'm so sorry that I left you with that impression.

No Fred my time as commissioner being a failure is my own assessment, and has nothing to do with any impression you left. If and when I try it again I will have have new ideas and time since i just retired n May.

fredpaii

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 pm

[/quote]

Whoa. Wait a minute ElPaso. You were a very good Commissioner. It's just that I was very over-reactive to the smallest things that didn't matter so much. You really were very good, Mark. I'm so sorry that I left you with that impression.[/quote]

No Fred my time as commissioner being a failure is my own assessment, and has nothing to do with any impression you left. If and when I try it again I will have have new ideas and time since i just retired n May.[/quote]

Well, congrats on your retirement. Mark, I had lots of difficulties starting out as Commish. I was stressed out a lot. i wanted to do so much I think I over-reached. Maybe you can relate. And there's a lot of stuff to keep updated in the Pesos league google-doc. A lot for a newbie Commish to handle.

elpasopesos

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 9:18 pm

fredpaii wrote:

Whoa. Wait a minute ElPaso. You were a very good Commissioner. It's just that I was very over-reactive to the smallest things that didn't matter so much. You really were very good, Mark. I'm so sorry that I left you with that impression.[/quote]

No Fred my time as commissioner being a failure is my own assessment, and has nothing to do with any impression you left. If and when I try it again I will have have new ideas and time since i just retired n May.[/quote]

Well, congrats on your retirement. Mark, I had lots of difficulties starting out as Commish. I was stressed out a lot. i wanted to do so much I think I over-reached. Maybe you can relate. And there's a lot of stuff to keep updated in the Pesos league google-doc. A lot for a newbie Commish to handle.[/quote]

Thanks, Fred. I can relate. Maybe I will offer to try again later this year. I also want to apologize when I announced I was leaving the league. I was just frustrated. For me it all about the fun.

geekor

PostTue Jan 28, 2020 5:23 pm

dspeters5

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 4:51 pm

Yes, sure, every bit helps. I administer the Armchair, we are in our 79 season. The biggest, hugest challenge is the draft. We keep four players each season, so with no more dope, we have been drafting 8-10 guys on the ILC, which is a huge time killer. At least dope you could put in proxies. Now I have to prod many coaches via text messages. 40-60 text messages to get an eight round draft completed. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

When Strat sent out that survey, I asked for an ability by some leagues to have limited rounds to draft, not 25, choose any number you like. A 25 round draft is tedious if you are keeping 20-40% and then redrafting. Guys get tired and the last ten picks are .50-1.00 million dollar picks, not very sexy at that.

I administer another league, but that is a live draft and over 200 mil cap, no keepers, so lots of motivation to make a live draft happen for that.

Ninersphan

PostFri Feb 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Soooooo

any new developments??
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat