Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 42 days, new followup sent

PostSun Dec 01, 2019 11:50 am

Sent to 365support:

6 weeks ago, I wrote to ask if you would consider working with a group of Strat veterans to improve support for keeper league management -- and you have not yet replied. It was encouraging to see the survey you published, but then you went dark again after that.

Does your lack of response signal lack of interest? Or simply lack of time or ability to make the needed changes? If you are unable or unwilling to help with keepers, then that's okay -- we can use the winter months to seek out alternative platforms for our nerdy needs. On the other hand, if you are pondering if/when you can do something, then let us know that. There are a lot of keeper enthusiasts who would be happy to help!

tcochran

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 44 days, new followup sent

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 10:16 am

Reply received!

One small step for man(agers)...

Thanks for following up on this. We are still figuring out when we can work on keeper league support as we have other projects that are being worked on first but it's certainly something we want to provide soon as we understand how much of a help it will be for leagues. We're not quite yet at the point of looking at specific features that we can add but expanded rosters, additional drafts, etc. are all do-able. When we are getting ready to work on this, can we reach back out then? In the meantime, if you are able to send along any example league rules or other materials that will help us in the features you need please do so!

It sounds like this could still take a while, but at least it's a start. Later today, I will:
- Send them links to a couple of pages for league rules
- Open up a Google doc for a comparison chart of keeper leagues and the varied rule sets

I'm guessing this thread would still be a good place to start gathering requests for features and improvements. What do you all think?

Rant

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - one small step for man(age

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 am

I'll take it.

I agree this is a good spot to collect and cultivate requests. Thanks for leading the charge.

Denorien

Re: Support for keeper leagues - 1 small step for man(agers)

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 2:35 pm

A. Perpetual rosters or import / export roster functionality in the draft platform.
B. Manual roster functionality to add / delete, extend to X number of roster slots, and indicate non-carded, user text roster slots.
C. Draft platform engine would need to successfully reconcile (imported) carded players on rosters against available player pool.
D. Extended draft functionality to modify draft order after draft order had been entered. Would include removal of picks and additional / supplemental picks.

E. Enhanced commissioner privileges include making roster and draft changes for all teams. This may already be there.

F. In progress draft commissioner privileges include both rolling back picks and individual pick changes.

Please review and touch it up to make sure it is accurate and clear.

timklucinec

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Thanks Terry for your leadership pushing the envelope!. We'll take what we can get. At least they're receptive.

Tim K

klx22

PostThu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 am

This thread is a great place & thanks, Terry!

tcochran

PostThu Dec 05, 2019 11:02 am

I have started a Strat-O-Matic keeper league directory at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

If you are a keeper league commish, please send me the email address you'd like to use to edit a Google doc and I will share it with you, so you can add your league(s).

I've started the doc with notes about a bunch of rules that likely vary from league to league. Please add more lines, as needed.

Thanks!

Ninersphan

PostFri Dec 06, 2019 2:42 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

WOW

Thanks Terry for spearheading the effort.

Sent you a PM.

Roscodog

PostFri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Great news!

tcochran

PostSun Dec 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks to all who are participating in this discussion. Steve has done a great job of highlighting key elements and I'm wondering if we should expand that with features desired?

For example...

1. ROSTERS
a. Variable cap for roster size, to be set by league
b. Managers set players as active vs. inactive, as in the Windows version
c. No penalty for movement between active and inactive
d. Optional player adds/drops during season, as in non-keepers, to be set by league
e. Rosters are perpetual, carried forward from card set to card set
f. Enhanced commissioner privileges, include making roster changes for all teams
g. Teams are allowed to keep uncarded players on rosters from year to year -- could be as simple as manual entries, managed by league
h. Provide the ability to export rosters off of website

2. PLAYER MOVEMENT
a. Trades are posted and automatically reflected on the 2 teams, as at present
b. Trades can also include future draft picks, with limits to be set by league
c. Logs are maintained of future draft picks traded -- as above, could be manual entries, as needed
d. Between seasons, managers post drops on the new platform resulting in deletions from teams

3. DRAFTS OF CARDED PLAYERS
a. Leagues can choose to have free agent and supplemental drafts, with number of rounds set by league
b. Automatic lists of available players are updated from season to season
c. Draft platform engine would need to successfully reconcile players on rosters against available player pool
d. Draft sequence to be set by league, with traded picks updated manually, if needed
e. Extended draft functionality to modify draft order, after draft order had been entered
f. Would include removal of picks and addition of supplemental picks
g. In progress draft commissioner privileges include both rolling back picks and individual pick changes
h. Draft picks are placed on the manager's team automatically
i. Timed drafts with proxies are allowed, as at StratDraft

4. DRAFTS OF UNCARDED PLAYERS
a. Leagues can choose to have prospect drafts, with number of rounds set by league
b. More broadly stated, leagues can choose to allow uncarded picks in any of the drafts
c. There is either a prospect database or prospects can be entered manually, as at StratDraft

5. LEAGUE SETUP
a. There would be an enhanced setup page for keeper leagues
b. Each of the options or caps noted above would be set when preparing a league for its next season
c. For ongoing leagues, the previous selections would be shown by default, with edit capability provided for updates
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat