Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

timklucinec

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 17 days, no reply

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 3:39 am

I sent an email to SOM this afternoon, asking if they are discussing our requests or not. I asked them to give us an answer if they are discussing our proposals, not feasible or not going to do anything. I've had a good rapport with the Support guys. So, let's see what happens.

Tim K

klx22

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am

Palmtana wrote:Skepticism towards SOM has previously been brought up in this thread. The choir is aware. Hopefully, those who are invested in KL's have contacted the choir master asking why he's been MIA for 17 days.

365support@strat-o-matic.com

email sent

fredpaii

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Palmtana wrote:Skepticism towards SOM has previously been brought up in this thread. The choir is aware. Hopefully, those who are invested in KL's have contacted the choir master asking why he's been MIA for 17 days.

365support@strat-o-matic.com

I also sent an email. I didn't mention anything about being MIA. Thought I'd simply ask for their help and see what happens.

NMILSTEIN

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 18 days, no reply

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 pm

I sent an email last weekend as well. No response

fredpaii

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 10:02 pm

Maybe they aren't answering us yet because they aren't even sure what they can do...or what they could do first.

Denorien

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 1:11 am

fredpaii wrote:Maybe they aren't answering us yet because they aren't even sure what they can do...or what they could do first.

Apologies for how this may read. Can the folks who sent emails paste the text here?

This was part of the point to the requirements exercise. If we're not presenting the request properly, it may seem to be more difficult than it needs to be or 'complaining' by the by the people who like to complain. Either perception / attitude makes it easy to ignore us.

fredpaii

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 1:38 am

Denorien wrote:
fredpaii wrote:Maybe they aren't answering us yet because they aren't even sure what they can do...or what they could do first.

Apologies for how this may read. Can the folks who sent emails paste the text here?

This was part of the point to the requirements exercise. If we're not presenting the request properly, it may seem to be more difficult than it needs to be or 'complaining' by the by the people who like to complain. Either perception / attitude makes it easy to ignore us.

Here's my email to Strat (I am perfectly willing to do a do-over with suggestions...I can admit defeat/failure...lol)

Hi Strat Team,

I'm not sure you are aware just how much of a headache it is to be Commissioner of Keeper leagues. Therefore, any assistance from your end would be strongly appreciated. Some of us are Commissioner of more than one league. That's when extra help really becomes needed. There's a thread devoted to this subject under the Individual Chat heading. It's been stickied at the top for your convenience. Please give guys like Calbatross, Edub1969, ninersphan, roscodogg, T Cochran an email to see where help is needed most. I believe all of those guys have multiple Commissionerships. I only Commission one league but even I could use some help in formatting for Keeper league specifications. I would understand if Keeper league play got more expensive as a result - at least until any and all additions were paid for.

Please reach out to those big-time Commissioners. They really need your help. I do as well.

Thank you very much,

Fred Alexander

Palmtana

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 2:18 am

Denorien wrote:Apologies for how this may read. Can the folks who sent emails paste the text here?

Knowing most of the posters in this thread, I doubt that those who have written have grumbling as the focus of their message. Some who have contacted SOM have shared with me what they wrote. Their e-mails were thoughtful and fact-based. This thread contains posts from frustrated managers. But they are few. We'll keep the polite communication going with SOM and see where it leads.

Denorien

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 am

Palmtana wrote:
Denorien wrote:Apologies for how this may read. Can the folks who sent emails paste the text here?

Knowing most of the posters in this thread, I doubt that those who have written have grumbling as the focus of their message. Some who have contacted SOM have shared with me what they wrote. Their e-mails were thoughtful and fact-based. This thread contains posts from frustrated managers. But they are few. We'll keep the polite communication going with SOM and see where it leads.

That's good information and settles my concerns along those lines.

Yet, I still believe proper messaging is key for software / application feature development. A business case and requirements that are tied to use cases (which tell a story). I believe this post captures all of that. I summarized the requirements into six (A - F). The business case can also be brought together in a concise statement.

Palmtana, do you think that's been done, doesn't need to be done, doesn't matter either way? I didn't get any tweaking of the reqs from the audience. It could all be a waste of time. But, that's not my experience from other software and application development.

Palmtana

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 19 days, no reply

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 pm

That hasn't been done as far as I know. I'm not knowledgeable about software development and business cases.
Maybe you can contact tcochran and the two of you can put something together. Perhaps there are others who know about such things. The more input SOM has the better. You're right, it could all be a waste of time but we might as well keep trying until we hear from them one way or the other.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat