Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 17 days, no reply

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Palmtana wrote:Skepticism towards SOM has previously been brought up in this thread. The choir is aware. Hopefully, those who are invested in KL's have contacted the choir master asking why he's been MIA for 17 days.

365support@strat-o-matic.com

Bob you are a ( The?) board moderator, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you have at least SOME inside contact with Strat as a result of you being the moderator. If even you can't get them to respond, even with a " Hey guys, we hear you, not sure what we can do" type message, any acknowledgement at all really, I'm not sure what hope there is in them paying any attention to us.

Past performance tends to foreshadow future behavior.

tcochran

Re: Support for keeper leagues? - 19 days, no reply

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 1:16 pm

As we develop a use case for Strat online keeper league support, it's probably worthwhile to take a look at where the Strat baseball team puts its best efforts today. From a product segment perspective, I believe the mix is:
- Board game*: Sell once each year for $52 to loyal fan base and then ignore (no support required)
- Windows game*: Sell once each year for $42-52 to loyal fan base, provide new cloud access for storage (with limited support for new/updated features)
- Daily online game: Sell single season baseball daily teams for $20 each as the sexy new product that can compete with the big guys in the game business, in hopes of expanding the market (probably lots of support needed/provided)
- Standard online game*: Sell 5-season packages for $80 each, over and over again to a grumpy but dedicated group of users (again with limited support for new/updated features)
* Available in versions for current season, [at least some] older seasons, and special historical sets

We users of the online game pay the most money per capita -- which would often lead to the best support in other lines of business -- however our pool of users is likely to be considerably smaller, when compared to that of the board game or Windows game. We also tend to have a different perspective as users, too. It is my impression that:
- Board game users play only a few teams each, since they actively participate in every play of every game
- Windows game users likewise play only a handful of teams each, some with each game done in netplay and some more automated
- Daily game users might not go beyond a single team each, with a lot more energy spent on review of real-life results each day
- Online game users, on the other hand, tend to be general manager of many different teams for each card set, since the focus is on tinkering with lineups and options, instead of on playing each game

I started this chat thread in hopes of easing the administrative burdens of being an online commish. I wonder now, though, if the answer is simpler: Maybe I should just curb my addiction to drafting and managing many variations on the keeper league theme; i.e., cut down on the volume and just enjoy a few, at a deeper level?

Palmtana

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Bob you are a ( The?) board moderator, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you have at least SOME inside contact with Strat as a result of you being the moderator. If even you can't get them to respond, even with a " Hey guys, we hear you, not sure what we can do" type message, any acknowledgement at all really, I'm not sure what hope there is in them paying any attention to us.

My sole responsibility as a moderator is to delete spam. I send spammer names to the same address everyone else uses.
I have no in with SOM.

tcochran

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 pm

PLEASE REPLY TO THE SURVEY AT THE 365.STRAT SITE

On the last page, you can stress the importance of:
- Keeper league support
- Commissioner tools

And then even write in some narrative at the bottom!

KEVINEHLE

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm

tcochran wrote:PLEASE REPLY TO THE SURVEY AT THE 365.STRAT SITE

On the last page, you can stress the importance of:
- Keeper league support
- Commissioner tools

And then even write in some narrative at the bottom!

DONE! Yes, I left a 'NARRATIVE' at the bottom. Sounds like things are starting to move a little. Nice job Keeper peeps!

Ninersphan

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Done, my response:

The biggest "feature" I would like to see, is more involvement from the Start O Matic staff with the online game. When this game was hosted on The Sporting News, we had a representative that participated on the forums, kept us informed of game developments and helped foster the community. Now there is nothing, nada, zip from the company to the online community. Stop treating us like the red-headed bastard step children of your game users.

Additionally I would like to see support and features added to help run and foster year to year keeper leagues. Currently the commissioners that run these leagues do all the "book-keeping" by hand using spreadsheets or other mechanisms to track rosters, transactions and drafts. Any help that could be given to reduce the commissioner's work load is long overdue IMHO and would be greatly welcome.

This survey is a great first step, lets see you take some more.

Thank you.

timklucinec

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 12:27 am

Finally!! We got an answer!! Well done guys!!

Tim K

chasenally

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 12:32 am

A little off topic but I was the only red head in my family. I was called the red headed step child that was a polish war orphan found under a rock. I still laugh at that to this day.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

fredpaii

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 am

Palmtana wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:Bob you are a ( The?) board moderator, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you have at least SOME inside contact with Strat as a result of you being the moderator. If even you can't get them to respond, even with a " Hey guys, we hear you, not sure what we can do" type message, any acknowledgement at all really, I'm not sure what hope there is in them paying any attention to us.

My sole responsibility as a moderator is to delete spam. I send spammer names to the same address everyone else uses.
I have no in with SOM.

So you're saying you're not a double-agent?

Kidding!!!

fredpaii

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 12:46 am

timklucinec wrote:Finally!! We got an answer!! Well done guys!!

Tim K

Yep!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat