• Author

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD 52 - See See CC League

PostWed Sep 25, 2019 7:33 pm

i love folks that make moves all post waiver period like me. :D

joethejet

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 2:42 am

Don't mind them post waiver. Don't like them in the last 10 minutes before the deadline. Really? You can't make up your mind before there is no time left? Kind of playing games if you ask me.

Stoney18

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 9:42 am

I don't think it's a big deal. I usually get home from work and review the team, eat dinner and hang out, and then check what moves were made during the evening. It may be close to the deadline before I check. No bad intentions. And with this league where there are MANY transactions, you can find some value.

Spider 67

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 am

joethejet wrote:Don't mind them post waiver. Don't like them in the last 10 minutes before the deadline. Really? You can't make up your mind before there is no time left? Kind of playing games if you ask me.

Geez, a bit sensitive here! For the record, my wife and I left home at 8 AM for medical appointments 1 1/2 hours away and didn't back home from a rehearsal until 9:40 PM. The Hicks move was made at 9:58 PM and Jurado at 9:59 PM.

BigAlric

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Those late moves happen every season. For me they are part of the identity of his league or an integral part of the cult reigning our group, if you like that better. :D

Semper Gumby

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Spider 67 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Don't mind them post waiver. Don't like them in the last 10 minutes before the deadline. Really? You can't make up your mind before there is no time left? Kind of playing games if you ask me.

Geez, a bit sensitive here! For the record, my wife and I left home at 8 AM for medical appointments 1 1/2 hours away and didn't back home from a rehearsal until 9:40 PM. The Hicks move was made at 9:58 PM and Jurado at 9:59 PM.

Had I known you needed a faster ride home to drop Hicks, I would have footed your UBER bill :lol:

Spider 67

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:

Had I known you needed a faster ride home to drop Hicks, I would have footed your UBER bill :lol:

Would have been a big UBER bill - far as I know, they won't come to the boondocks where I live. One neighbor had to drive 35 minutes to meet his daughter's UBER ride. :shock: :(

Spider 67

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Hey Semp, how did you get a move in after my 9:59 Jurado one? I didn't think I would beat the clock on mine. :shock:

joethejet

PostFri Sep 27, 2019 1:35 am

Look, I know it's going to happen and it's OK. I assume guys aren't playing games with their teams and trying to confuse the other owners, but sometimes it's just surprising to me that you haven't made your mind up before the last 5 minutes of waivers.

Spider, I actually believe that usually it is something like you describe and not something untoward so I rarely bring up my annoyance for last minute moves.

Stones, I have no problem with moves in response to other moves, clearly if someone suddenly is available you grab him. That's different than the wholesale remaking of teams at the last minute that seems to happen.

I'm not upset, I'm used to it. Wasn't going to say anything until Semper mentioned Hicks getting cut at the last minute.

Eh, whatever. Not a big deal.

milleram

PostFri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Most every league I play in--there are a lot of changes just before 10PM deadline---Especially in PC tournament leagues---and why not??

I have done it a couple times, though seldom for me really.

You want to get an edge up on division foes--you really need matchup guys--and you want to do it when your opponent can't make a counter move. Just part of the strategy. Marc Pelletier was a master at that.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat