NLD 52 - See See CC League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 52 - See See CC League

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 1:29 am

Jeepdriver wrote:Six 1-run losses in a row until a 2-run loss in the final game tonight.

Wow, we don't have a great one run record, but I'm pretty sure we haven't lost six in a row! :shock: That's crazy.

doug_tucker10

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 9:22 am

Jeepdriver wrote:Six 1-run losses in a row until a 2-run loss in the final game tonight.

Your overall one run record isn't even that bad, and that includes your 6 game stretch of losses.This season has been overall wacky so far.

dalekeener

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 11:57 am

We have 8 blown saves on the year. That will teach me to go with a cheap bullpen. :cry:

Stoney18

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Jeep, want to welcome you and Semper back down to the mediocracy that is my team.

joethejet

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 pm

doug_tucker10 wrote:

Your overall one run record isn't even that bad, and that includes your 6 game stretch of losses.This season has been overall wacky so far.

Ok, so first of all, losing six one run games in a row stinks BUT, you *were* 7-2 before that stretch sooooo...I gotta say I wish I was 7-8 instead of 4-9 (and 3-6 in extras)

Dale wrote:We have 8 blown saves on the year. That will teach me to go with a cheap bullpen.

Pish, there are three teams (including mine) with 10 BS and we didn't even go that cheap on the pen. :(

League is pretty close with the exception of Big A who is flat out running away with the East at this point.

joethejet

PostSat Oct 12, 2019 3:14 am

)(*#&)%#^%+#() Jeep. Keep your complaining to yourself. Three one runners against me tonight. I have zip sympathy for you. Blah. We're 4 and friggin' 12, you're 11-10. Wah.

Oh, and we've played like 3 of our past 40 games with our entire team and have two more in the next series so....cry me a river.

Jeepdriver

PostSat Oct 12, 2019 8:24 am

Joe, for some reason I'm sensing a little frustration in your words there. ;) Sorry buddy, all I know is I had probably the worst 1-run loss stretch ever at that one point, but last night the Strat Gods showed me some heart and paid me back for some of my previous gut-wrenchers. I'll certainly take it!

joethejet

PostSat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Joe, for some reason I'm sensing a little frustration in your words there. ;) Sorry buddy, all I know is I had probably the worst 1-run loss stretch ever at that one point, but last night the Strat Gods showed me some heart and paid me back for some of my previous gut-wrenchers. I'll certainly take it!

Yeah bud, thanks for understanding. I got a little salty there. I apologize. I think it was made worse because I thought I was the home team when I first looked at the scores and then realized (HORROR!) I had gotten swept. (Having a little bit of a Friday night buzz didn't help either ;) )

Anyway, Yeah, six in a row is brutal (so is 4-12 :!: and 3-8 in extras) I've been biting my tongue about the one run games and the stream of injuries that we've had, but it sort of boiled over last night.

Oh well, might have to look at making some changes. I think my pen is OK, not awesome, but not terrible, but it's been bad and my SPs never seem to get deep into games either, even Buehler isn't giving me what I had hoped.

Jeepdriver

PostSat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 pm

My pen last night threw 14 1/3 innings allowing only a solo HR.

joethejet

PostSun Oct 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:My pen last night threw 14 1/3 innings allowing only a solo HR.

Now you're just being mean. :P
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat