ANDY'S 6.5m NL Expansion League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: ANDY'S 6.5m NL Expansion League

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 8:48 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:Sorry. hopefully this is an easy question. What do you mean by:

3--Any Other Players in the Pool who are NOT ON AN AMERICAN LEAGUE ROSTER but played for YOUR FRANCHISE (maybe a player who is in the pool for the NL League, like for example, Rickey Henderson, who played for the Padres, Dodgers, etc, but is not on an AL Roster)

This is an NL Expansion league. are we supposed to go over to your AL Expansion league and find out who is "not on an AL Roster"

I think I may be misunderstanding this part.

If they aren’t on an AL roster, but played for your team, you could grab them. You wouldn’t have to know whether he was on an NL roster or not.

andycummings65

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 8:51 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:gary sheffield appears in the set but only has 1 card priced at 7.57 is he a high-dollar option? I assume no but just gotta check as he'd be an option for me having played for SD.

Sheffield’s 7.57 is an ALLOWED card to help the Marlins. They are rotated out in season 1, so he could be grabbed and not count against your High Dollar Option.
Over 6.5 cards are either ALLOWED or HIGH DOLLAR OPTIONS.

andycummings65

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am

Musial6 wrote:So.....in my team options for example, the Mets, there are very many Mets on the team drop-down menu that are not listed on your "team rosters" - so they are not eligible to be selected as Mets? Mike Piazza and Bernard Gilkey, for example?
I see Bernard Gilkey is listed on the Diamondbacks roster as a high dollar option. Since Gilkey played for the Mets could he be my high dollar option since the D-backs are dormant the first couple seasons, and those players are free agents to the other franchises they played for?

Yes, you could do that.

Best bet is to go by rosters I’ve listed. After Autidraft you can grab anyone who played for your team.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 9:14 am

andycummings65 wrote:
Paul_Long71 wrote:Sorry. hopefully this is an easy question. What do you mean by:

3--Any Other Players in the Pool who are NOT ON AN AMERICAN LEAGUE ROSTER but played for YOUR FRANCHISE (maybe a player who is in the pool for the NL League, like for example, Rickey Henderson, who played for the Padres, Dodgers, etc, but is not on an AL Roster)

This is an NL Expansion league. are we supposed to go over to your AL Expansion league and find out who is "not on an AL Roster"

If they aren’t on an AL roster, but played for your team, you could grab them. You wouldn’t have to know whether he was on an NL roster or not.

but what does being on an AL roster have to do with this league? this is the NL league. So, do I need to go to the other thread and look at who is or isn't on an AL roster? for example Merv Rettenmund? looks to me like SD and Cin can both put him on their Autodraft card. but....he is on Baltimore's AL roster. so is he available or not?

andycummings65

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:
andycummings65 wrote:

but what does being on an AL roster have to do with this league? this is the NL league. So, do I need to go to the other thread and look at who is or isn't on an AL roster? for example Merv Rettenmund? looks to me like SD and Cin can both put him on their Autodraft card. but....he is on Baltimore's AL roster. so is he available or not?

I think I may have either misspoke or didn't explain clearly enough.
This is the NL League. There are some players who are in our Player Pool due to them being on an AL Roster. But for NL Purposes, they are not on an NL Roster. You may add those players to your Autodraft card, knowing that other managers for whom that player played may be eyeing him for the Autodraft as well.

Rickey Henderson is in the pool because he is on the A's Roster in the AL League. He is eligible to be grabbed for the Autodraft by any NL team he played for in this NL League. He played for the Dodgers, Mets, and Padres, so any of those teams could add him to the Autodraft. Additionally, in Rickey's case, he has a 5.37m card, and he also has a 6.96m card. If any of those 3 NL Teams grabbed Rickey in the Autodraft, they could either use the 5m card or make the 6m card their High Dollar Option.

Hope that makes more sense. Once we get the hang of the rules, things will begin to make more sense.

Musial6

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 11:17 am

Maybe you covered this in your rules section, but do we have exclusive rights to the players you have assigned to our franchises, at least through auto draft, waivers and pre-season free agency?

In my Mike Piazza example, for instance, I believe he's on the Dodger roster?
If they don't use him, is he fair game to me, or is that only when the Dodgers are one of the three dormant franchises?

You've probably detailed this in the rules, but examples (pictures) are worth a thousand words!!!

andycummings65

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 11:25 am

Musial6 wrote:Maybe you covered this in your rules section, but do we have exclusive rights to the players you have assigned to our franchises, at least through auto draft, waivers and pre-season free agency?

In my Mike Piazza example, for instance, I believe he's on the Dodger roster?
If they don't use him, is he fair game to me, or is that only when the Dodgers are one of the three dormant franchises?

You've probably detailed this in the rules, but examples (pictures) are worth a thousand words!!!

I did, but a manager has exclusive rights o the guys on his roster when creating his Autodraft card, but once we move into the waivers phase, if the manager didn't protect players on his roster, they are fair game in Waivers.

So in your example, if I don't Autodraft Piazza, you can grab him. (The dormant Franchises are Fair Game when creating your Autodraft.

andycummings65

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 11:10 am

password is nl1

Reminder: you may only carry ONE High Dollar Option. HOWEVER, ALLOWED players are not considered High Dollar Options, so for instance, you may carry one High Dollar Option and also an ALLOWED card(s).

rookssa1958

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 2:18 pm

What years are we considering when checking if a player has played for our franchise?

andycummings65

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 2:21 pm

rookssa1958 wrote:What years are we considering when checking if a player has played for our franchise?

I originally was going to say only since 1967, but I've decided no limit on the years. Why not add to the fun?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat