ANDY'S 6.5m NL Expansion League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: ANDY'S 6.5m NL Expansion League

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 pm

While I would love to fill tonight, this league only got 12 managers this past Tuesday night, then lost one of our 12 and I had to get a replacement, which didn’t happen until a few hours ago. And, if someone’s out of town it can’t be helped.
We’ll get going soon, and we will begin Season 2 around game 65-70.

centerfielder17

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Thanks Paul

centerfielder17

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Sorry, a couple more questions....

Byung-Hyun Kim is listed on the AZ list but I don't see him in the deck. Since AZ is not in this rotation, COL could take him. Is he available?

Jose Mesa is ALLOWED for CLE in the AL draft. Is he ALLOWED for the Rockies too? Or do I need to exercize my High dollar pick for his 3.65 salary?

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 12:17 am

at this time Byung-Hyun Kim does not have a card...should get one when new '99 D'backs cards drop so NO you can't use him

anyone who is an ALLOWED player remains ALLOWED.... not 100% on this one but I think Andy had mentioned this previously somewhere.

andycummings65

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 9:22 am

Yes, I added the Dbacks and Marlins players who will be added shortly, but aren’t in the set yet.

Second question: This didn’t occur to me before. I’d like to have had us make a decision on this before we started creating teams, which means we may be thinking more about how this decision impacts our franchise in this first season rather than what would be best. All players in the Player Pool are available to be used in both leagues, but just because some players are ALLOWED in one league for competitive purposes, I don’t know that that should make them allowed in the opposite league. My inclination would be that a player that is allowed in the AL is not an allowed player in the NL, but would have to be a High Dollar Card in the NL. Mesa is allowed to help the Indians in the other league, making him allowed in the AL. But since he’s not allowed in the NL, he would have to be a High Dollar option.

Agree? Or change my mind........

visick

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am

Adding my 2 shiny pennies...

Thanks for your info with the managers. I do realize life happens. Just want to know ahead of time if there's going to be a delay when we fill a league.

IDK if I understand what you're asking here. Yes Mesa is above the $3.5 pitcher cap.
He played for 8 teams in his career.
(CLE, PHI, BAL, PIT, SEA, COL, SFG, DET)
He's carded and belongs to CLE. He is not a HIGH DOLLAR guy.

My thought is that CLE has first crack at him. If he's in the FA pool, then BAL/SEA/DET have a shot at him.
In the NL, PHI, PIT and COL all have an equal chance to draft him. He shouldn't be a HIGH DOLLAR card for them.

IOW, a HIGH DOLLAR guy is a HIGH DOLLAR guy. An ALLOWED guy is an ALLOWED guy.

andycummings65

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 am

Cleveland has no crack at him in the NL league.

The point here is there are allowed guys for the AL who technically aren’t allowed for the NL, and vice versa. Do we just allow all allowed guys, even ones allowed in the other league, to be allowed in both?

andycummings65

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 am

MOST of the AL ALLOWED guys are players you associate with AL franchises; the same with the NL. That’s why I was leaning towards ALLOWED guys are only ALLOWED in the NL or AL League they are marked ALLOWED in. Not everyone is playing both leagues. I don’t know if I want to turn team creation into grabbing a bunch of ALLOWED guys from the other league. ALLOWED was really formed to help the particular franchise they are ALLOWED for.

However, visick’s last statement in his last post is certainly simpler, and may make it easier for both leagues.

Sorry to be a little wishy washy on this. Just got my Dad back home from a 3 week hospital stay and doing a lot of caretaker work until we get Home Health worked out a little better on Monday.

visick

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 1:55 pm

I have the Tigers in the AL.
I only have Miggy Cabrera ($6.97) as my ALLOWED player.
I have Howard Johnson, $7.05 Miguel Cabrera, and Alan Trammell as my HIGH DOLLAR guys.

Miggy is carded for the Marlins in the NL as well.
His $6.97 is ALLOWED on the Marlins
He is a HIGH DOLLAR card ($7.05) for them as well.

IMO, we should just keep it simple and allow each team to abide by the same set of rules. (Allowed/High $)

There are guys, for example, like Kenny Lofton, who played for multiple teams in both leagues.
He's carded for the Tribe. So they have first crack at him.
If they don't auto draft him, then TEX, NYY, and CHW can try and grab him during waivers.
Now, he's not carded to any team in the NL. But he played for PIT, SFG, PHI, ATL, LAD and HOU.
So, it's the luck of the draw for those teams. ie. Draft wise :roll:

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 4:24 pm

I think for sake of simplicity allowed is allowed. just makes it easier to remember, rather than allowed is allowed if he was allowed in the NL but if he was allowed in the AL then he's high dollar.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat