ATG8: League Theme: Alphabet - No B's or M's until waivers

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Denorien

ATG8: League Theme: Alphabet - No B's or M's until waivers

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Here are the rules.

This is a last name alphabet league. All of your players must have a last name that begins with the initial(s) you select for your team. No B's or M's until waivers. Choose from the following with no duplicates: 1) C 2) H 3) R 4) S 5) D, N 6) G, V 7) L, O 8) P, E 9) T, Y 10) A, F 11) J, K 12) W, I Q, U, Z. At waivers, all players with the last name beginning with B or M are available for anyone. Select only players that have their last name with the letter(s) you selected. It will be very obvious if you don't in an attempt at a higher waiver, and there will be severe penalties for anyone that does not follow the rules. Please make it clear in your team name which initials you have selected from the list above. No duplicates. Choose any ballpark. Trades are allowed if you rightfully own the player (which means you can trade for players who's last name doesn't begin with your letter(s)). DH. $ 275,000,000. Waivers and typical FA drop penalty. Random division assignment.

Our teams were (please reply with a correction if I wrote the below wrong):

1. fowldawg - JK
2. KEITHTAYLOR - GV
3. michaelsklom - S
4. JEROMEWILKINS - WIQUZ
5. joemay3rd - DN
6. Divad - TY
7. marshdog - R
8. mintyfresh63 - PE
9. MFL536 - AF
10. visick - LO
11. PourBros - H
12. denorien - C

Unfortunately, one of our managers confused his letters and botched the initial draft for his own team and one other team. Which impacted the waiver order. Enough players were impacted including the waiver pool of B and M that we can't fix it before waivers fire. We've asked 365support for help. Possibly backing out the draft / league formation altogether. We probably won't hear anything back until Monday. Waivers fire Monday night as it stands, now.

Presuming SOM agrees to back the league out, we can reflect on the setup and the waiver selection of B and M. I think there are opportunities to make the league more fair.

1. A question for the existing league managers. Do we stay with our letters as indicated above? I am content either way. If we do shuffle the letters, we may go about re-selecting a couple different ways. We could stay with the combinations our commish came up with or select them with a randomly ordered serpentine draft using this Post.

2. Once we decide who has which letters, we can treat the B and M player selection as a randomly selected serpentine draft BEFORE league setup and load. We can either use this post or the Live Draft feature. I've used Live Draft successfully - it worked well. Once we finish the B and M player selection, we can finish out our rosters with our assigned letter(s) and we're done.

League managers, please reply with your preferences for going forward.

visick

Re: ATG8: League Theme: Alphabet - No B's or M's until waive

PostSun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am

I replied in league but will repeat it here.

Since the team corrected the mishap, ask Strat to rerun the draft order for waivers.

This is the only fair way to do this.

Going forward, a few things to think about in leagues like this...

1. Have a draft for the letters. First come first serve isn't fair. The earlier picked teams have an unfair advantage.

2. Make the league a Frenzy.

3. With the current rules the way they stand, (Same letters/same way of entering league etc...) a live NFL style draft is the only fair way for the lesser teams to get the help (B/M) that they need.

visick

Return to Individual League Chat