Best Team of the 80s--Draft Order/Rules reference

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

JJB92

Re: Best Team of the 80s--Draft Order/Rules reference

PostWed Jul 31, 2019 8:41 pm

LM

If a player is selected via the waiver process, he cannot be exchanged for another player from the pool of players of undrafted teams.

This adds a level of strategy to the waiver process. If owners eligible for an exchange would rather see which players, if any are dropped via waivers, the owner can wait for waivers to expire and free agency begins.

JJB92

PostWed Jul 31, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks to all for a very efficient team draft. The east can load. If the last person in the east can advise the central owners when they can begin loading , that would be appreciated. I will try to monitor status during the day but work sometimes gets in the way.

JJB92

PostWed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 pm

Summary of teams eligible for a one-player exchange/waivers or free agency:

Houston Astros--player dropped plus $1 million
San Francisco Giants-player dropped plus $1 million
Cincinnati Reds-player dropped plus $1 million
Philadelphia Phillies-player dropped plus $1 million

Minnesota Twins-player dropped plus $1.5 million
San Diego Padres-player dropped plus $1.5 million

The Pirates, Expos, Mets, Royals, Brewers and Blue Jays are not eligible for waivers/free agency.

The BC Manager

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 2:09 am

JJB92 wrote:LM

If a player is selected via the waiver process, he cannot be exchanged for another player from the pool of players of undrafted teams.

This adds a level of strategy to the waiver process. If owners eligible for an exchange would rather see which players, if any are dropped via waivers, the owner can wait for waivers to expire and free agency begins.

Can I make more than one waiver pick. So, my first pick is the player I want, but i put a second claim in, in case I don't get my first choice?

LMBombers

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 am

Since every team will get every player they want in the AD the waiver priority will be random I believe?? We could have 6 more live drafted selections with the 6 owners of player exchange teams in whatever order the commish decides upon. Each owner could announce a dropped player and a player to be picked up OR they could pass on their pick until the live draft is over in case they want to see what other options there will be with the dropped players. Just an idea.

JJB92

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 6:30 am

The BC Manager wrote:
JJB92 wrote:LM

Can I make more than one waiver pick. So, my first pick is the player I want, but i put a second claim in, in case I don't get my first choice?

BC—you can only acquire one player via the exchange process. You can submit multiple waiver claims via using the same player as your dropped player. That will ensure only one waiver claim will be successful for your team.

JJB92

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 6:37 am

LMBombers wrote:Since every team will get every player they want in the AD the waiver priority will be random I believe?? We could have 6 more live drafted selections with the 6 owners of player exchange teams in whatever order the commish decides upon. Each owner could announce a dropped player and a player to be picked up OR they could pass on their pick until the live draft is over in case they want to see what other options there will be with the dropped players. Just an idea.

LM. I considered the option you described. I thought it would be easier from a logistics standpoint to use the waiver process. My concern was that the free agent period would begin after the draft bit we’d have to establish a specific time that would be fair to everyone. Therefore i thought using the waiver process infrastructure would keep the process as fair as possible.

YountFan

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 7:11 am

Hey MFL536

You cannot name your team the Buffalo Mets

They are the New York Mets
Posted by the real YountFan

LMBombers

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 10:58 am

JJB92 wrote:BC—you can only acquire one player via the exchange process. You can submit multiple waiver claims via using the same player as your dropped player. That will ensure only one waiver claim will be successful for your team.

If you have a waiver claim that also drops a player. You will still get that player even if you no longer have the dropped player on your roster (ie: prior waiver claim) as long as you have the funds to pick up that player AND have a roster space available.

So it is possible to pick up several players in waivers by putting the same player as your drop player.

JJB92

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 11:36 am

LMBombers wrote:
JJB92 wrote:BC—you can only acquire one player via the exchange process. You can submit multiple waiver claims via using the same player as your dropped player. That will ensure only one waiver claim will be successful for your team.

If you have a waiver claim that also drops a player. You will still get that player even if you no longer have the dropped player on your roster (ie: prior waiver claim) as long as you have the funds to pick up that player AND have a roster space available.

So it is possible to pick up several players in waivers by putting the same player as your drop player.

I learn something everyday. Thanks for sharing that info. I thought a waiver claim
Would fail if a player being dropped was no longer on roster.

So BC that means if you submit multiple waiver claims and are successful with more than one you need to keep the first player claimed and release any others.
Will
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat