NLD 51 - The Ichiro Suzushi Han

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jeepdriver

Re: NLD 51 - The Ichiro Suzushi Han

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 8:36 am

Too nervous to say much. The ball's not bouncing our way at the moment, and we can't win a series if we have an injury. That's not an excuse btw, you have to overcome those things.

Nice run by Smokey. He's Smokey Hot!

joethejet

PostWed Aug 21, 2019 1:15 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Definitely looks like a 6-team race for the four playoff spots - unless Smokey gets on fire and wins 20 of the last 30.

Spider the prophet.

Smokey has won 16 of 20 (and 21) with 9 remaining. Looks like a cinch to get 20 of 30. He hasn't lost a series in a week and has swept twice.

Jeep wrote:Too nervous to say much. The ball's not bouncing our way at the moment, and we can't win a series if we have an injury. That's not an excuse btw, you have to overcome those things.

Yeah, injury dependent teams can be frustrating, but also very good. Hoping we can be two games better than you (or Smokey) and at least even with Doug down the stretch. Actually, I can't finish in a three-way tie with Doug either as he has the division record wrapped up. Well, we control our own destiny so....that's all you can ask I guess.

joethejet

PostThu Aug 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Well, crap, we win 2 and lose a game to both Smokey (who remains incredibly hot) and Jeep (who must have gotten healthy).

Smokey is doing what Jeep did last NLD. Hot at the end. Must be nice to win 13 of 14. Well, we just need to win six in a row ;) Gonna be tough the way he's playing hopefully he's shot his wad and will cool off in the last two series. 8-)

milleram

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 12:40 am

Looks like with tiebreakers, post season is set after 159--Jeep or JFrost has WC at least and/or division, and Mo & Weegman has the divisions. Mo power to Mo--what a finish.

klx22

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 7:09 am

Both NLD seasons this year have unfortunately ended the same way. Lead the division most of way, falter at the end, and miss the playoffs. :(

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 9:34 am

Wow, What a run... I've been lurking everyday but afraid to comment.

FALCON29

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am

Both NLD seasons this year have unfortunately ended the same way. I suck.

joethejet

PostFri Aug 23, 2019 12:11 pm

That sucks. You have a good season and then someone, Jeep last time and Smokey this time, get incredibly hot and cannot be beat and I miss out. it stinks to have the second best run diff and miss the playoffs. :cry: :mad:

At least we didn't just fall apart like last NLD. !#$%!#^!^!#%^!!!

Ok rant over. Congrats to Jeep and Smokey. We, obviously, couldn't beat you so I have no one to blame but myself. Good Luck in the playoffs.

jfrost58

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 1:06 am

Nothing like limping into playoffs with a 10-game losing streak.... :oops:

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am

joethejet wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:Definitely looks like a 6-team race for the four playoff spots - unless Smokey gets on fire and wins 20 of the last 30.

Spider the prophet.

Smokey has won 16 of 20 (and 21) with 9 remaining. Looks like a cinch to get 20 of 30. He hasn't lost a series in a week and has swept twice.

Jeep wrote:Too nervous to say much. The ball's not bouncing our way at the moment, and we can't win a series if we have an injury. That's not an excuse btw, you have to overcome those things.

Yeah, injury dependent teams can be frustrating, but also very good. Hoping we can be two games better than you (or Smokey) and at least even with Doug down the stretch. Actually, I can't finish in a three-way tie with Doug either as he has the division record wrapped up. Well, we control our own destiny so....that's all you can ask I guess.

It ended up being 25-4 to close. I was around - 11 in run diff. When the run started, ended plus 55. It's a funny game.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat