NLD 51 - The Ichiro Suzushi Han

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 51 - The Ichiro Suzushi Han

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 4:09 pm

superflymacdaddyjuice wrote:He won't go away, he's got alligator blood. I can't get rid of heem.

Gosh, no kidding. You "smoked" him in games 1-3 total score: 20-7, then he wins three, total score 9-5!

In game four, trailing 2-1, you got the bases loaded with no outs and only scored one run, on a DP!

A three run jack by Cargo led to a 3-1 loss in game five and last night...

a 3-0 lead going to bottom of the sixth was a 3-3 after 7. Not helping was an overthrow on a steal. Then, for some reason, Hal, in his ultimate wisdom, tries to go for 2 in the bottom of the 9th with the winning run at third. Ouch.

All comes down to tonight Bassit and Musgrove.

jfrost58

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 7:15 pm

Gosh, no kidding. You "smoked" him in games 1-3 total score: 20-7, then he wins three, total score 9-5!

Pretty much been my season.... win low-scoring games, lose the blowouts....

Jeepdriver

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 7:32 am

Congrats to Frost and Crossbones! Great comeback, probably the best in NLD History maybe. Also congrats to Smokey Mon for turning his season around and finishing on fire at the end and carrying that into three wins in The Finals. Congrats both Managers.

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am

Congrats to Jfrost. Well played. I couldn't have done more...

jfrost58

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks, guys! I'm surprised I could come from way down against a great team. Couple of nail-biters there. I enjoyed the league!

milleram

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Did SuperFly run out of MacDaddy juice??? Congrats jfrost!!

joethejet

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 am

Wow, what an ending to the season. Smokey's hot streak falls ONE game short. Unbelievable. Sorry Smokey, that's gotta hurt a little bit.

Last game was a bit crazy. Smokey had a GREAT chance to take the lead in the 8th, but left the bases loaded with Puig against McFarland on a 3bx. Hitting it to a 1e13 isn't a great chance. Leaving 12 on base is also a tough way to go down. Ouch.

Jeep, I don't recall anyone coming back from a 3-0 deficit, but I wouldn't say that it hasn't happened for sure. I'll check with Wineman and see if he remembers.

Jim congrats, now get out! :lol: Just kidding, sort of, but of course, if Stoney wants back in and no one else drops, well, you *are* the odd man out sad to say. If that happens, weirdly enough, we'll have back-to-back champs that don't defend their titles.

Ok, now that that is finished, it's time for NLD 51. I'll email Stoney and see what his status back, but everyone please check in below.

Big A and Dale tied. Dale went 8-4 so gets a lower pick. The only other tie was Smoke and JF and they decided that in the finals ;)

East
FALCON29
BigAlric
dalekeener
Spider 67

Central

milleram
klx22
doug_tucker10
joethejet - IN

West

Semper Gumby
Jeepdriver
superflymacdaddyjuice
jfrost58/Stoney

joethejet

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 11:53 am

Hey Jeep,

Hope you're staying safe and dry back there. Smokey, I think you're in that area too?

BigAlric

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 12:21 pm

joethejet wrote:Wow, what an ending to the season. Smokey's hot streak falls ONE game short. Unbelievable. Sorry Smokey, that's gotta hurt a little bit.

Last game was a bit crazy. Smokey had a GREAT chance to take the lead in the 8th, but left the bases loaded with Puig against McFarland on a 3bx. Hitting it to a 1e13 isn't a great chance. Leaving 12 on base is also a tough way to go down. Ouch.

Jeep, I don't recall anyone coming back from a 3-0 deficit, but I wouldn't say that it hasn't happened for sure. I'll check with Wineman and see if he remembers.

Jim congrats, now get out! :lol: Just kidding, sort of, but of course, if Stoney wants back in and no one else drops, well, you *are* the odd man out sad to say. If that happens, weirdly enough, we'll have back-to-back champs that don't defend their titles.

Ok, now that that is finished, it's time for NLD 51. I'll email Stoney and see what his status back, but everyone please check in below.

Big A and Dale tied. Dale went 8-4 so gets a lower pick. The only other tie was Smoke and JF and they decided that in the finals ;)

East
FALCON29
BigAlric - in
dalekeener
Spider 67

Central

milleram
klx22
doug_tucker10
joethejet - IN

West

Semper Gumby
Jeepdriver
superflymacdaddyjuice
jfrost58/Stoney

Stoney18

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm

East
FALCON29
BigAlric
dalekeener
Spider 67

Central
milleram
klx22
doug_tucker10
joethejet - IN

West
Semper Gumby
Jeepdriver
superflymacdaddyjuice
Stoney - IN

Feel bad kicking out the Champ. No trips planned for a while so I'm all in.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat