Best Team of the 70s--team draft and more

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Musial6

Re: Best Team of the 70s--team draft and more

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Well sure - the harm is any of us that picked after him may have wanted the Yankees instead of the team we did pick!

FALCON29

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Musial6 wrote:Well sure - the harm is any of us that picked after him may have wanted the Yankees instead of the team we did pick!

But that doesn't harm anybody except the guy who drops the Yankees. And he's doing it by choice.

The BC Manager

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 6:00 pm

Or we could make the Yankees available to the guys who picked after him. I suppose that could then create a domino effect where another team becomes available to the lower-picking team, and so on. So it could get a little complicated, but that's not insurmountable.

For the record, I'm opposed to allowing Powell change his pick to any of the teams picked after his.

JJB92

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 6:00 pm

I considered the request and here are my thoughts

If we allow the change of the Yankees for another team:

Owners drafting in the 7 through 12 slots could make a case that they would have selected the Yankees as opposed to the team they chose and could request that they be allowed to make a change too.

Another issue is that the owners picking knew the stadiums of those picking before them and the likely roster make up in terms of hitting and pitching strengths and weaknesses. That may have had an influence on their team selection.

We would need to redraft slots 6 -12 with a stipulation that owners in slot 7 would have to decide if they would prefer the Yankees or the team they selected. If the switch is a made then the next owner could switch to the new team dropped to pick up the Yankees or their current team and so on. Teams could not switch to a team that was drafted in the original draft. So the owner of the Giants couldn’t switch to the Cubs.

Since this request directly impacts those teams drafting in slots 7-12 if all of those owners agreed to this request,I would support it. But the vote needs to be unanimous and via private messsge to me. The vote results would not be shared other than I would advise if there was unanimous alignment. I would not reveal the number of votes against or the identity of the voters.

We’d also need to put a time limit on the vote so we can load the league and begin the potential trade preseason. It’s unlikely we will start this coming Monday March the 18th.

PowellCrosleyJr

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm

1. I think someone said they could not get in before tomorrow anyway. Which I am for (see previous post).

2. I was thinking we would now be in a team frenzy period. First come first served until a date/time certain.
I also thought the team/park were always a pair.

3. I am happy with the Yankees unless the Reds get Mulliganed. which is not going to happen.

4. I only asked because I thought others might have rushed their pick and after more research changed their mind.

5. I had today off and while waiting to pick up my kids from school, well I seemed to have started something.

Have fun.
Last edited by PowellCrosleyJr on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The BC Manager

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

I hope that everyone is understanding the rules. The frenzy period will just be with your own team's players. There won't be any 'frenzy' for free agents. And the team and park do go together. I think the earlier suggestion was that some might have picked their team partly based on other teams' ballparks (which are tied to what team they picked).

So, Powell, you're not looking to mulligan your pick then? Who do you think rushed their pick ;)

I guess we're good to go then.

jcheney2013

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Powell & I spoke in a league we are in together. I mentioned I was having buyers remorse about my pick. He did mention I should ask for a mulligan, so I believe he was asking on my behalf.

Now worries, I'm fine with the Phillies & don't want to upset the apple cart. Let the games begin.

Jim

FALCON29

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 pm

LMBombers wrote:League Created
Best of 70s

password is JJB92

East is all in. Over to the Central...

JJB92

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 7:21 pm

As BC noted the team you choose will use their stadium.

There is no need for a frenzy or waivers since the roster you control is already defined. However the game engine requires a selection of either waivers or frenzy.

The BC Manager

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm

jcheney2013 wrote:Powell & I spoke in a league we are in together. I mentioned I was having buyers remorse about my pick. He did mention I should ask for a mulligan, so I believe he was asking on my behalf.

Now worries, I'm fine with the Phillies & don't want to upset the apple cart. Let the games begin.

Jim

For what it's worth, Jim, I thought the Phillies were in the mix in terms of the best teams available, by the time it got to your pick, based on my evaluation. It's very subjective though. Mystery card selection and shrewd managing will play a big part in this league, too.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat